Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vlm vs full pot of coffee...?
Hey All.

have a huge potential take over job here but all depends on my removal of this LOL
So just coming to pick up possible extra tips.
High end monster sized retirement home where my Grandpa lives ( 16 stories tall )

anyway one his friends spilled an entire pot of coffee on unknown fibre type of carpet inside his suite (probably cut pile nylon). Portable guy of course cleaned it and it spread to like 3-4' circle im told.

Of course dealing with a single coffee spill is always easy but have yet to do an entire pot with vlm as Ive just used the truck for that in the past.

Since its dry im thinking heavy mix of dirt axe and 10oz of det.
If it was fresh of course I would ( reluctantly ) bring in the portable and water claw.

If I can remove it, head cheese said entire place is ...mine lolDuel
hallways, rooms, dining area, and random activity rooms.

anything to add?
Dustin

www.CleanTechCleaners.com
www.CleanTechsk.com

Grumpy,cm,cimex, 175's 13"-20",square pad,cyclo's,stepson wannabe
aerotech tm (actually KNOW how to use it Tongue), ninja portable, steamin demon(tsunami)
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(09-30-2014, 03:13 PM)cleantech Wrote: Since its dry im thinking heavy mix of dirt axe and 10oz of det.

That should do it, but after cleaning, I would re-spray the area with PURE detonator and allow at least 24 hours to dry completely before judging how well it turned out.

Regular coffee is easier to remove. Decaf has dyes added back in to give it that coffee color.
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve Smith's post:
  • cleantech
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
If you cant get it out I will come to canada to steal that BLDGhatsoff

I like loosening up the coffee with genies potion from trs and then use a strong mix of encap and detonator. Your choice of Encap green ---Grease hawg--or Dirt axe.
If the coffee color will not come out after 4 micro fiber pads and 4 glad pads then I spray red vanish on the dry fiber. Need to remove the peroxide before applying red vanish to prevent setting off fire alarm Yikes (wet pads then dry pads).
learning something new every minute Hands up Laughing
Carpet Cleaning Naples Florida
my youtube channel

[-] The following 1 user Likes joel hoppe's post:
  • cleantech
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
The porty guy did you a favor by removing the initial load and spreading it around which also diluted the center of the spill which is what you should concentrate on. I would mix up a concentrated Gal. of super duper anti wicking strength of what you mentioned (dirt axe) with the 10 oz of detonator into a pail and just dump it in the stain. Give it time to soak to the concrete then start drying it up with micro fiber and finish with glads. You could also plant an airpath on top of it for 15 min. for a speed dry if you can use that where you are working or use a quiet fan longer to help speed dry. As Steve said you should also spray some straight detonator on it after it has dried. Given the situation I personally would not walk away from it until it was bone dry.

This is just my opinion and as such is probably worthless so if you do it like this and get your a$$ skidded down the road Do not blame me But if you take my advise and it works then I would expect a nice cheque in the mail.LOL

Should be a cake walk.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mardie VanBree's post:
  • cleantech, thecleaningdude
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(09-30-2014, 03:37 PM)Steve Smith Wrote:
(09-30-2014, 03:13 PM)cleantech Wrote: Since its dry im thinking heavy mix of dirt axe and 10oz of det.

That should do it, but after cleaning, I would re-spray the area with PURE detonator and allow at least 24 hours to dry completely before judging how well it turned out.

Regular coffee is easier to remove. Decaf has dyes added back in to give it that coffee color.
Yes!
I personally just had experience doing this on a white nylon high end carpet. The big difference I guess is it was a CUP of coffee not a POT of coffee lol... I sprayed with detonator, then cleaned the room, then re-applied detonator. At the time I left I could not see ANY difference in the coffee stain. Was still big, brown and very ugly. I covered the entire spot with a bunch of my plastic sticky tabs and schedule a follow up visit 1 week later. I went back this past Monday and the coffee stain had faded about 95%. Could barely see it. So I did a second application and left.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Just remember, do not over wet this area. It would be a mistake to add more solution hoping to get it "a little cleaner" instead, use as little moisture as possible. Use a stronger mix of encap and detonator and try to pull the spot out with the bonnets.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
agree with Grant response, heavy detonator period, encap sauces optional, 2 - 4 applications IMO

Con
26 yrs in Alberta Canada. 2 truck & full rug plant operation. Cleanco Compact 47 TMs with RXs. Currently a Rock, a CM, & 2 Freedom Trinity, 3 Stepson. GLS20, rotary, 2 brute 17 & 2 breeze 17. 200psi porty. Dehus & dryers. Master tech.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Con Schultz's post:
  • thecleaningdude
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Before you wet it go over it with a dry pad to absorb as much as possible. Then clean as everyone else outlined.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Pretty much what everyone said....

Use as little moisture as possible. I would clean with diluted Dirt Axe first. Pad until near dry and then follow with pure Detonator lightly misted with water and pad until dry.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Lol...
[Image: 22733d56df95d67a792f125d011e6928.jpg]
Dustin

www.CleanTechsk.com

aerotech tm (actually KNOW how to use it Tongue), ninja portable, steamin demon(tsunami)
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
S0 wuch ya did.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
so this visit was only for the coffee spot. Turns out underneath the coffee pot spill he definitely had many other drinks spilled in the past, which you can faintly see. Sprayed pure det on after and raked it in.
Got a call this morning. The ceo stopped in and couldn't believe it ( I guess the det worked on the remaining stuff ) because they could see nothing.

The added head weight sure helps to get deep down.

[Image: edee81583722da23e83775c6b6672964.jpg]
Dustin

www.CleanTechsk.com

[-] The following 3 users Like cleantech's post:
  • ashleymckendree, Steve Smith, thecleaningdude
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Awwww yeah! Swirl that dirt Good Job
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Great job D!
Carpet Cleaning Salinas, Monterey, Pebble Beach Ca
ProGreen Kleen & Floor Care
http://Progreenkleen.net
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Very good!
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Nice job.....Great photos for you web site
learning something new every minute Hands up Laughing
Carpet Cleaning Naples Florida
my youtube channel

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Nice...
Reply }}
Thanks given by: