Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peroxcellent verses detonator
Can anyone explain the difference? I thought detonator was/is peroxide. ..

Best time to use both?

Thanks!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Detonator is H2O2, with no polymer in it, think of it as just straight peroxide (probably 20% or so). Peroxcellent, on the other hand, likely has the same % of H2O2, however it is an actual cleaning agent. The other 80% isn't just water, it's surfactants, polymer, etc. and cleans really well all by itself.

My personal advice would be:

1. Use Detonator if you want your regular pre-spray to be something else like Encap Green (what I use), hot knife, or even Dirt Axe / Grease Hawg. I am very happy leaving my shop with pre-mixed jugs of Encap Green at 4 oz/gal. Then when at the job if I see a lot of stains or very heavy soiling I will add Detonator at up to 4 oz/gal and/or more encap green or up to 2 oz/gal of Grease Hawg. That way if the job is light soiling I can just use the basic encap green at 4 oz/gal and not waste a lot of $$ on chemicals.

2. I would use Peroxcellent instead if your personal preference is to use peroxide on every job, often a lot of it you might as well just use Peroxcellent, that way you are not diluting your encap polymer by adding your peroxide. Then just add Grease Hawg when at the job (where needed) to raise the pH and clean the nasties.
[-] The following 4 users Like Grant D's post:
  • Bone Dry Carpet, gkey63, Lefty724, Steve Smith
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(09-30-2014, 08:19 PM)Grant D Wrote: Detonator is H2O2, with no polymer in it, think of it as just straight peroxide (probably 20% or so). Peroxcellent, on the other hand, likely has the same % of H2O2, however it is an actual cleaning agent. The other 80% isn't just water, it's surfactants, polymer, etc. and cleans really well all by itself.

My personal advice would be:

1. Use Detonator if you want your regular pre-spray to be something else like Encap Green (what I use), hot knife, or even Dirt Axe / Grease Hawg. I am very happy leaving my shop with pre-mixed jugs of Encap Green at 4 oz/gal. Then when at the job if I see a lot of stains or very heavy soiling I will add Detonator at up to 4 oz/gal and/or more encap green or up to 2 oz/gal of Grease Hawg. That way if the job is light soiling I can just use the basic encap green at 4 oz/gal and not waste a lot of $$ on chemicals.

2. I would use Peroxcellent instead if your personal preference is to use peroxide on every job, often a lot of it you might as well just use Peroxcellent, that way you are not diluting your encap polymer by adding your peroxide. Then just add Grease Hawg when at the job (where needed) to raise the pH and clean the nasties.
What a response! Wow! Thank you
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I can honestly say that I've had the same results between Peroxcellent and Detonator. I've only boosted Encap Green with them so I know it's a level playing field. You also get the fantastic scent of the Peroxcellent (strawberry)...which I love!

If I could only pick 2 chems to run my biz, it would be Peroxcellent and EG....done. love these chems!

I haven't done enough commercial lately to play with HK, DA, or GH but I plan to soon.
Carpet Cleaning Salinas, Monterey, Pebble Beach Ca
ProGreen Kleen & Floor Care
http://Progreenkleen.net
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lefty724's post:
  • Bone Dry Carpet
Reply }}
Thanks given by: