Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pump on Rock loosing preasure
Been having problems with the pump on my rock machine. I checked for air leaks and it seems to be ok. It will spray good then loose pressure and starts foaming out of the nozzle. Sometimes it just sprays real week and sometimes it sprays good. Does the Detonator eat the pump insides out or could it be the chem producing foam and effecting the pumps performance.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Curious as to why your only 2 explanations for the problem are chemical related. I've found the spray system on the Trinity to be problematic regardless of chemical selection.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2014, 09:27 PM)Blue Ridge Floor Care Wrote: Curious as to why your only 2 explanations for the problem are chemical related. I've found the spray system on the Trinity to be problematic regardless of chemical selection.

The chems are not an explanation but rather a question as to why an almost new pump would cause me problems.
Have you had the same problems like I described and what did you do to fix it. I was told the pumps are not covered on warranty. That would suggest to me that they are not made to handle the chems that we as carpet cleaners use.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I've never used a Trinity. But to have pump problems is pretty suspect. That's an incredibly easy system to install. Manufacturers make a pretty solid product.

I've had a Sprayborg for 6 years. I RARELY use it. Sometimes I'll go 3 or 4 months without hitting the trigger. I only use it when I have a large job with trouble areas. I keep a concentrated mix in my jug to use on those areas. I hit the trigger, it works, every time. No problem.

Trintys cost waaaaay too much to have a problem with something as simple as the spray system.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I did just get a new pump and it is sitting on the shelf but would like to know if there is a cause for this failure (chems) or is it a common problem or maybe I just got a bad pump.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
same brand of pump on Johns stuff as there was on my orbots ........my cm pump is ooollllddddd

supply line in and out.....

my guess is it has to be the peroxide? Do you flush your lines daily Mardie?
Dustin

http://www.CleanTechCleaners.com
http://www.CleanTechsk.com

Grumpy,cm,cimex, 175's 13"-20",square pad,cyclo's,stepson wannabe
aerotech tm (actually KNOW how to use it Tongue), ninja portable, steamin demon(tsunami)
[-] The following 1 user Likes cleantech's post:
  • Mardie VanBree
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
No I do not flush with clean water daily but I do use it every day.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
FYI mardie, my rock has had similar issues after 1 month use - like 7 times running.... my cm pump has yet to give me issues after ?2.5? yrs... weird for sure. I want to open my rock m[pump up to see what is happening inside - just got no time to do that....

Con
26 yrs in Alberta Canada. 2 truck & full rug plant operation. Cleanco Compact 47 TMs with RXs. Currently a Rock, a CM, & 2 Freedom Trinity, 3 Stepson. GLS20, rotary, 2 brute 17 & 2 breeze 17. 200psi porty. Dehus & dryers. Master tech.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Con Schultz's post:
  • Mardie VanBree
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Have not any problems with my CM pumps with peroxcellant or detonator or with any encap products. Never rinse out pump. My one machine sometimes sits for weeks and pump runs fine.

Im guessing TRS is not helping you with trouble shooting your problem?
Have you checked the video on pump and what to look for as far as problems? Think it is on primimg pump but there are some tips.

My problem with pump not running smooth is the hose is bottle floating off bottom and pulling air or my fittings on pump pulling air.

I took a 1/2 pvc pipe and zip tied it to the tube going into bottle so the tube is straight to bottom of bottle----keeps tube from floating.

Not sure if pumps are any different than my shureflo 60 psi

Try putting pipe on tube to bottom of bottle
Or replace tube from bottle to pump
Or replace fitting on pump that comes from bottle

Let us know what works
learning something new every minute Hands up Laughing
Carpet Cleaning Naples Florida
my youtube channel

[-] The following 1 user Likes joel hoppe's post:
  • Mardie VanBree
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
We've been having problems weekly with the pump on our Trinity. I've replaces all the tubing 3 times and the fitting. Still have issues.....very aggravating!
We have other machines that we use and have never had an issue with the spray system.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Enge's post:
  • Mardie VanBree
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2014, 09:41 PM)Mardie VanBree Wrote:
(10-09-2014, 09:27 PM)Blue Ridge Floor Care Wrote: Curious as to why your only 2 explanations for the problem are chemical related. I've found the spray system on the Trinity to be problematic regardless of chemical selection.

The chems are not an explanation but rather a question as to why an almost new pump would cause me problems.
Have you had the same problems like I described and what did you do to fix it. I was told the pumps are not covered on warranty. That would suggest to me that they are not made to handle the chems that we as carpet cleaners use.

I wasn't aware that the pump isn't covered under warranty. That's somewhat troubling considering that this is the most expensive OP machine on the market.

Fortunately, my pump hasn't been a problem yet. My issue, besides the homemade appearance, is that the thing drips all over itself, and sprays in no predictable pattern. The only other thing is the lever that activates the pump. We have to tighten it a couple times each week, as it likes to fall off at the least convenient time. Jesse has advised us that the problem is in the tubing used, and they are experimenting with different materials as we speak.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2014, 07:13 AM)Blue Ridge Floor Care Wrote:
(10-09-2014, 09:41 PM)Mardie VanBree Wrote:

I wasn't aware that the pump isn't covered under warranty. That's somewhat troubling considering that this is the most expensive OP machine on the market.

Fortunately, my pump hasn't been a problem yet. My issue, besides the homemade appearance, is that the thing drips all over itself, and sprays in no predictable pattern. The only other thing is the lever that activates the pump. We have to tighten it a couple times each week, as it likes to fall off at the least convenient time. Jesse has advised us that the problem is in the tubing used, and they are experimenting with different materials as we speak.

I have a Tsunami and Derek has a Whiticker Trio and both state that warranty is void unless you use there chems. Derek has stated that high PH chems will destroy the Whiticker pump.
I do not know why pumps used for carpet cleaning machines are not made to safely handle ALL the chems that we use.
A pump that will safely handle all chems that we use probably cost a lot of money.
I will follow the suggestions explained above then change the pump with the new one I got if I have to BUT if I have another problem I will go to my pump guy and spend some real cash on a pump that can safely handle all the chems that we use.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
For reference, I use a 5 gallon Rocket Sprayer. I have two of them. I have run every sort of chemical through them. Acids on concrete, bleach on siding, tons of encap, no problem.

If chems are the trouble, that's a really, really, cheap sprayer setup.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
At least they're covered under the warranty, right?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I've used my Multi-Sprayer through and through with every Vacaway mix imaginable. The tip has clogged, but never a pump issue.

Is it a tubing issue as mentioned above? If so, what are they using that might be failing vs. Cimex, Multi-Sprayer, Big Boss, Penguin, Orbot, Matador, etc.?
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I ran my CM pumps on hundreds of carpets with no issues except plugging the tips/filters and losing my prime a few times (intake hoses worked loose or cracked or floated to loose prime.) I was VERY happy with them compared to switching over to the Flexipro sprayers... My last phone conversation with my Interlink rep he said "yep, looks like your needing a pump about every 90 days on average... "

I usually have pumps in stock and several batteries as well that I keep having to replace. Also have replaced/re-built most all major parts (handles, wheel holders, etc etc)

Maybe it is a product? Don't know. Do know that all pumps are rinsed with water every night/end of shift virtually without fail (never miss that I know of or have caught on inspection).

My newer Penguin battery sprayer has been working well with no problems so far.... I have great hopes for dependability, but really like the Flexipros when they work in comparison (changeable product containers, less bulky, etc.)

I'm working as quickly as I can to add a Grumpy myself ... one of the big reasons was for the less hassles on the pump.... seems like pumps powered by electric rather than battery are way less hassle... that is, of course, if these issues you are discussing above aren't solved... I'm anxious to use the Grumpy in the snow to see how it works compared to the CM going from the van to the home in the snow (main reason for my exclusively using the Freedoms)... I believe the Grumpy, even though heavier, will make travel through snow to a home easier? Will see.
Coby Gibson
formerly: http://www.45Clean.com
CobyGibson@me.com

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I had the exact same problems with losing pressure and foaming. Replaced hose and same deal. Replace the fittings with barbed fittings and new hose and problem solved. I had tried cutting the original hose back but had no improvement. Hose does seem to get hard with age. My unit is about 6 months old, but looks way older thanks to the crappy powder coating. Rust rust rust
[-] The following 1 user Likes kbsrocks's post:
  • Mardie VanBree
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 02:16 AM)kbsrocks Wrote: I had the exact same problems with losing pressure and foaming. Replaced hose and same deal. Replace the fittings with barbed fittings and new hose and problem solved. I had tried cutting the original hose back but had no improvement. Hose does seem to get hard with age. My unit is about 6 months old, but looks way older thanks to the crappy powder coating. Rust rust rust

Jessie told me last week the problem was probably air getting in and that is what causes the foaming and loss of pressure. Made a lot of sense to me so I cut the hose ends and tried to reseat the hose into the compression fitting several times. Still have problems. Yesterday I had to finish the job with my multi sprayer. Them compression fittings have leaked solution before so I reseated them and it worked good BUT for that reason alone I never liked them.
They probably work good on an application that has no movement or vibration but can fail on a OP machine because of the vibration.

I will get rid of the compression fittings and put on barbed fitting and that should take care of the problem as you have said.

If that does not work then I will know that I just got a bum pump and will change out the pump WITH barbed fittings and that should solve everything for good.

I will keep everyone updated.

thanks
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mardie VanBree's post:
  • thecleaningdude
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Let us know how it goes, Mardie.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Just got in from two jobs with the Trinity. Hoses leaking like crazy, and the pump kept losing prime. Orbot bailed it out once again.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: