Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrdoforce Question
Ok, don't call me a hack (waaaiiitt for iiiitttt)

But this is what I was thinking of doing.

I'm still in the "what the hell am I going to use to apply my paddcapping solution?" phase...thinking sprayers.

Is it to Hackleberry to hook a garden hose up to the home (like steamers) to a solution line to bring in the house (like steamers) that goes to a hydroforce (like you know) with Peroxcellent in the hydroforce to spray down the carpet??

Just cutting out the middle man ( pump ) by using the pressure from the home faucet or whatever.

I think this would work but I'm more worried about the pressure rating from each house and the mix....AND will it foam up using it like this.

inquiring minds want to know.

thanks
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-14-2011, 08:37 AM)Brian R Wrote: Ok, don't call me a hack (waaaiiitt for iiiitttt)

But this is what I was thinking of doing.

I'm still in the "what the hell am I going to use to apply my paddcapping solution?" phase...thinking sprayers.

Is it to Hackleberry to hook a garden hose up to the home (like steamers) to a solution line to bring in the house (like steamers) that goes to a hydroforce (like you know) with Peroxcellent in the hydroforce to spray down the carpet??

Just cutting out the middle man ( pump ) by using the pressure from the home faucet or whatever.

I think this would work but I'm more worried about the pressure rating from each house and the mix....AND will it foam up using it like this.

inquiring minds want to know.

thanks

My advise is to try it and let us know how it works for you... It can be applied with a hydroforce so if a garden hose works for you. OK by me. dance
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Thanks Steve but the reason for asking is so I don't spend $170.00 on a hydroforce first. LOL

I can't think of why it would NOT work.

AND, If I'm not near a garden hose, I can still hook up the pump to run clear water to the hydroforce...right??

Would the sprayborg pump (60 psi I think) work with a hydroforce?

Thanks for puttin up with me. thanks
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-14-2011, 08:53 AM)Brian R Wrote: Would the sprayborg pump (60 psi I think) work with a hydroforce?

I have no idea... I have never owned a hydroforce and don't know what pressure requirements are.

[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Brian that sounds like too much effort to gain to little. They make two different hydroforces a low pressure would probably work for you but again I doubt it would be worth the money or effort

Couldn't you just use the Sprayborg with a longer hose and spray gun? You could have a 25-gallon agriculture tank on the pickup, feeding the Sprayborg, you don't need the head pressure, just gravity on that pump do you?

You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Rich,
I use a 65' small hose from what used to be the sprayborg.

I mix the solution in the 2 gallon jugs (too small) and spray with that. I have to unplug the pump to make it stop.

I just roll the dolly up to the door.

I would like to be able to mix my solution in the hydroforce and just run clean water through the pump or just the clean water from the house spiggot to make it simple.

My only issue was the psi to mixture problems. I think the 60 psi pumpo won't draw the mix out of the hydorforce (need at least 100 psi I think).

I didn't know they had a low pressure hydro...what's the rating on that?

Do you see what I'm trying to do and trying NOT to do?

Where's my phone?? lol
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
http://www.tractorsupply.com/agriculture-farming-ranching/agricultural-sprayers-spraying/spot-sprayers/countyline-reg-deluxe-spot-sprayer-25-gal-capacity-2137081

Take a look at this setup, even has the spray gun you want. I doubt it will have the pressure to deliver the solution into the home but it will give you an idea.

You could look at a pressure washing setup with a small tank and that would give you the pressure to drive a hydroforce.

The negative to the Hydroforce is you will really uses a lot more chems and it aerosolizes a lot more that an electric sprayer. So you get a lot more vapor in the air and possible complaints of it.
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-14-2011, 09:52 AM)Richardc Wrote: http://www.tractorsupply.com/agriculture-farming-ranching/agricultural-sprayers-spraying/spot-sprayers/countyline-reg-deluxe-spot-sprayer-25-gal-capacity-2137081

Take a look at this setup, even has the spray gun you want. I doubt it will have the pressure to deliver the solution into the home but it will give you an idea.

You could look at a pressure washing setup with a small tank and that would give you the pressure to drive a hydroforce.

The negative to the Hydroforce is you will really uses a lot more chems and it aerosolizes a lot more that an electric sprayer. So you get a lot more vapor in the air and possible complaints of it.

I didn't think of the vapor part. Ugh. YOu're probably right.crying

Ok, I gotta go do a few jobs.

I may just go with the pespsi sprayer idea. lmao.

Talk to you later. thanks
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Update

I went down to Norther Tools...they have the 25 gallon tanks for about 130 bucks or something...wasn't real happy with them.

So I rigged up a really cool pressure sprayer wand with an angle at the end and quick connects etc and hooked it to my ex-spray-borg-rig......works like a charm.

Now I just need to get a bigger jug ...something in the 5 to 10 gallon range.
They sell them (catalog) at Northern Tools for like 50 bucks or better for an 8 gallon wow
If they were sitting in front of me I probably would have bought one. Confused

I'm going to The HOme Depot to return some stuff and see what they have.

I may just use a pepsi can rigged up with the pump.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I use a pumup. I had a TM with hydroforce and there are days when I miss that rig.

My point is: I like your thinking.

Here another way to look at this though; when I had my hydro..I blew through juice. Not horribly expense when I am using hWE juice as when I am using Peroxcellent...

Just sayin

let us know how you turn out in the end.

Good ideas always need better tweaking. I am sure youre on the right track.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Thanks.
I'm going to call the bev company tomorrow and buy one. Even if I just use the pump with it instead of an air compressor I can always change it.
Nothing but crap at Lowes and home depot...didn't figure there would be anything.

I really like the look of the stainless steel keg so I'm pretty sure that's gonna be it.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
OR..

wrap a cheap pumup with duct tape.

Same, basic look.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Dodgy
(03-14-2011, 06:45 PM)C Spot Stop Wrote: OR..

wrap a cheap pumup with duct tape.

Same, basic look.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I thought it was damned funny.

So did my wife.

And my 9 year old but he thinks farts are funny too.

So do I.

My wife...not so much.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I made a 60 PSI electric pump for the top of any 5 gal pail when I need that quantity of juice. That same lid also fits on my 20 gal Rubbermaid barrel on wheels for larger com work as well.

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I Just spoke with Jay Delaughter and he is going to sell me a steel keg tomorrow.

Cool.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I bought 4 kegs from this site.
http://stores.kegconnection.com/Categori...+BALL+LOCK

They even come with an extra set of O-rings. I Admit, Pepsi tanks are the only sprayer system I've ever used, but I really like 'em. They're super quite in someone's home, and I can cover about 800-1200 ft2 with one tank. My problem with 'em is I keep mixing up 3 gallons of Peroxcellent and then not using it quick enough. But, other than that, I really can't see changing my spray system. I got 4 tanks in the van, each with a different chem. Peroxcellent, Abstaction VLM, PCP or Speedway, and fiber cop. I go into a job, assess the carpet and pick my poison. It's quick, it's simple, it's easy. Bought a cheap air compressor for $100 and it puts 100 psi in a tank in less than 2 mins. I can't complain there, and I can easily carry the compressor into a home if I need to refill the keg on a job.
Brent

Keep it Clean, Keep it Longer.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I bought a black n decker car compressor...not so good...but it does work.
I may buy a little tank compressor to keep on the truck....need to find a 12v if possible.

I'm so damn indecisive. I'm sorryBig Grin

I may end up getting more than one from Jay because I like the idea of just picking which one I might need instead of switching brews.

Steve, if I used carbonation in the tanks to pressurize them would the Peroxcellent be ill effected, would it help? Would it not make a difference? Should I just test it and get back to you? lol

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Brian,

You never quit amazing me with your desire to change the status quo. You keep questioning what you are doing and trying to find a better/easier/cooler way. Keep it up.

Buy three pepsi sprayers, a small compressor and be done wasting your time and money...
Just my opinion.

When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.
Ronald Reagan

Free Net 10 Airtime

How does the Net10 Cell Plan Work?

Walmart Straight Talk Slider Phone
Quality means doing it right when no one is looking...

Henry Ford
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-15-2011, 08:36 AM)Rick Imby Wrote: Brian,

You never quit amazing me with your desire to change the status quo. You keep questioning what you are doing and trying to find a better/easier/cooler way. Keep it up.

Buy three pepsi sprayers, a small compressor and be done wasting your time and money...
Just my opinion.

Hey Thanks.
It's a curse Wink

Was thinking, will the air pressure aerosolize the peroxcellent and effect the cleaning or fumes? hmmmm.
See why I can't make a decision. Down Laughing

The pump keeps is pretty calm but I'm not sure what the dealio would be with the air.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: