Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Truckmount Owners Survey — Please Respond
Let's start a thread that will help us all get a handle on all these truckmounts that are available to carpet cleaners throughout the world.

Please answer the following questions about your truckmount(s) and van(s) that you use for your CC biz.

PLEASE do NOT give ANY information about which truckmount that you own (the manufacturer - brand name), other than responding to the specific questions asked in this survey thread.

1. What do you like the most about your truckmount? (features, heat, pressure, vacuum, reliability, versatility, color, looks, tank size, etc.)

2. What do you like the least about your truckmount? (features, heat, pressure, vacuum, reliability, versatility, color, looks, tank size, etc.)

3. What improvements would make to your present truckmount so you would want to keep it longer?

4. How long do you usually keep a truckmount, and why?

5. Do you purchase a brand new van, or do you purchase a used, clean van, and why?

6. What make and model van do you prefer and why?

7. Do you letter or wrap your van(s)?

8. Overall, do you see any design flaws in your truckmount?

9. In addition to carpet cleaning, please list the other servicces that you offer where you use your truckmount.

10. Do you also use a portable CC machine? Questions about portables will be in the next survey thread.

Thank you for your time.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
1. Easy to operate and repair
2. Color ( but I can fix that)
3. None. I plan to keep it forever!
4. My first one. I hate my porty!
5. Used van, got it at a small local dealer and the price was good.
6. Chevy/ GMC, easer to work on and cause I don't like ford or dodge.
7. Letter, it was cheaper and my budget was tight at the time (just bought a van and a TM).
8. Minor things like exhaust flex pipe.
9. Upholstery and soon tile & grout.
10. Yes, but only when I have to (security areas, no open doors).
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2010, 11:37 AM)Bob Savage Wrote: Let's start a thread that will help us all get a handle on all these truckmounts that are available to carpet cleaners throughout the world.

Please answer the following questions about your truckmount(s) and van(s) that you use for your CC biz.

PLEASE do NOT give ANY information about which truckmount that you own (the manufacturer - brand name), other than responding to the specific questions asked in this survey thread.

1. What do you like the most about your truckmount? (features, heat, pressure, vacuum, reliability, versatility, color, looks, tank size, etc.)

My Slide in looks great. Great looking gauges and lots of stainless. It has very good vacuum and good heat. I really like the diesel motor. It is very quiet for a 59 blower.

2. What do you like the least about your truckmount? (features, heat, pressure, vacuum, reliability, versatility, color, looks, tank size, etc.) I don't like all of the proprietary parts. To many electrical connections.

3. What improvements would make to your present truckmount so you would want to keep it longer? I would like to see it simplified. It should be easier to work on.

4. How long do you usually keep a truckmount, and why? I had my first tm for 4 years. I was worried that they wouldn't continue making them. And I was right. This is my second TM. I've had it for 2 years. I've always been a gear head so it's hard not to buy the latest and greatest toys.

5. Do you purchase a brand new van, or do you purchase a used, clean van, and why? I bought a brand new Sprinter Van.

6. What make and model van do you prefer and why? I've had ford and chevy vans. The dodge sprinter is the best I've ever had. For starters you can stand up inside. It gets better fuel economy and drives nicer.

7. Do you letter or wrap your van(s)? Vinyl graphics. No wrap.

8. Overall, do you see any design flaws in your truckmount? There have been a number of small design flaws - exhaust used flex tubing - which had to be replaced after 500 hours. Blower HX had to be replaced with something less efficient but more durable after 300 hours. Th

9. In addition to carpet cleaning, please list the other servicces that you offer where you use your truckmount. Upholstery and some Tile and Grout

10. Do you also use a portable CC machine? Questions about portables will be in the next survey thread. I have a two cord portable with heat.

Thank you for your time.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2010, 11:37 AM)Bob Savage Wrote: Let's start a thread that will help us all get a handle on all these truckmounts that are available to carpet cleaners throughout the world.

The reliability and versatility

2. What do you like the least about your truckmount? (features, heat, pressure, vacuum, reliability, versatility, color, looks, tank size, etc.)
Heat

3. What improvements would make to your present truckmount so you would want to keep it longer?
Vacuum pressure relief port

My current unit is 15 years old and still works great and it is paying for itself.

5. Do you purchase a brand new van, or do you purchase a used, clean van, and why?
Used van let some other sucker pay the depreciation value. They're all used vehicles after you have driven them so why pay the excess cost of a new van?

No specific preference - I prefer the make and model that serves me
the best, having owned Chevy, Doge, and Ford. They have all been
reliable vehicles with over 200k miles on them by the time some idiot
crashed into my van and my insurance company would not pay to repair
the damages because of the age of the vehicles. The Dodge had 360k
miles at the time of it's accident.

Letter and have a picture of my then 3 year old granddaughter and her dog - "women love it"

It can't work without me Smile seriously though I wish it had a bigger fresh
water/ soil water tank

9. In addition to carpet cleaning, please list the other services that you offer where you use your truckmount.
Cleaning;Mattress, Furniture, VCT, Tile/grout, Stone surfaces, Walls, Ceilings, Drapes, Wall covering, Window coverings,

10. Do you also use a portable CC machine? Questions about portables will be in the next survey thread. Yes

Thank you for your time.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(09-13-2010, 09:32 PM)CleanRx Wrote:

I like the reliability and customer support of the mfg.

Propane heat.

Reliable hx with heat

My first one from this mfg. I kept 12 years. My last one, I kept only 3. This one will probably be around for quite some time.

I normally purchase new with extended warranty.

No specific preference - it just has to be a 1 ton van.

Letter

No

9. In addition to carpet cleaning, please list the other services that you offer where you use your truckmount.
Furniture, VCT, Tile/grout

10. Do you also use a portable CC machine? Questions about portables will be in the next survey thread.

No

Thank you for your time.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:

9. In addition to carpet cleaning, please list the other servicces that you offer where you use your truckmount.

Thank you for your time.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:

(09-14-2010, 01:53 PM)Pigchip Wrote:
(09-13-2010, 09:32 PM)CleanRx Wrote:

I like the reliability and customer support of the mfg.

Propane heat.

Reliable hx with heat

My first one from this mfg. I kept 12 years. My last one, I kept only 3. This one will probably be around for quite some time.

I normally purchase new with extended warranty.

No specific preference - it just has to be a 1 ton van.

Letter

No

Furniture, VCT, Tile/grout

No

Thank you for your time.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:

heat and pressure, tank size too, but i feel there should be way more vacuum power.
vacuum pressure
More vacuum pressure remote starts for the heater
the expense of truckmounts require that you keep them way longer than you actually want to keep them, until the cost comes down ill have to keep it longer before replacing, we run alot of portables too.
depends if i can find a van in great shape at a great price.
Usually Chevy Vans, but going FORD from now on I wont support Obama motors.
Letter
I usually fix any design flaws i find.
We are a full service Company
Yes we run portables for all the jobs that require it or cant reach with tm.

Thank you for your time.

[/quote]

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
1. What do you like the most about your truckmount? reliability

2. What do you like the least about your truckmount? It could be quieter

3. What improvements would make to your present truckmount so you would want to keep it longer? Stronger engine to drive a bigger blower

4. How long do you usually keep a truckmount, and why? I've had it since it was new in 1997, I still have it because it works great.

5. Do you purchase a brand new van, or do you purchase a used, clean van, and why? I had it in an old van first, then put it in a new van after I could afford it.

6. What make and model van do you prefer and why? I always have bought GM.

7. Do you letter or wrap your van(s)? Yes, nicely lettered

8. Overall, do you see any design flaws in your truckmount? Plenty

9. In addition to carpet cleaning, please list the other servicces that you offer where you use your truckmount. Upholstery, drapes, tile and floods.

10. Do you also use a portable CC machine? Questions about portables will be in the next survey thread. Yes

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
1. reliability / simplicity of maint
2. nothing I can think if that I dont like
3. continued cooperation from chev van manufacturers to allow it to continue to be installed - this will be coming to an end in the next few years apparently
4. until it is unreliable or needs continued mechanical help - I aint a mechanic!
5. I buy 1 - 2 yr old rental 15 pass van with 15K miles & gut them out - far cheaper than finding a blank van, Our van wrap design makes it look like there is no windows all around.
6. My PTO - I like chev 6.0 L extended 3500 series
7. ABSOLUTELY!! Make it memorable! Make it consistent with the rest of your marketing efforts
8. None with the TM itself, but their brand of fresh water / elec reels suck - Blueline waterpond has it beat hands down. But seriously wonder if a vortex style dirty tank improves vac performance over anything square etc.
9. Uph & tile, rare pressure wash
10. Own 200 PSI porty - that barely gets turned on 1X per year - Our OP simply always outcleans it hands down. Still not for sale though - just in case

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by: