Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone explain there process
Just recently had a Heavens Best VLM carpet cleaning company open up in my area. Can anyone explain there process?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(11-28-2014, 08:36 AM)Mardie VanBree Wrote: Just recently had a Heavens Best VLM carpet cleaning company open up in my area. Can anyone explain there process?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Gy52Ev1RI
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I use to own one. Bonnet cleaning with 175. That's it. I like the raking the Berber in the video lol
However their process which may seem old and out dated and inferior to op...is really irrelevant. it's all about how the individual markets himself. I knew a heavens best that did 250k their first year... Even with the plain ol buffer
[-] The following 2 users Like joelhall's post:
  • Derek, thecleaningdude
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
We have a few that use VacAway products; probably not suppose to, but they do anyway.
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(11-28-2014, 10:24 AM)Steve Smith Wrote: We have a few that use VacAway products; probably not suppose to, but they do anyway.

I got out 14 years ago... I was paying $60 a gallon for a Chem like johns vlm or vac a ways quantum green?? They still use the same one who knows what they pay for it today. All others were just private labeled. Like their red dye remover was red relief from pro's choice. They would buy it re bottle it and double the price. It doesn't surprise me at all that they shop elsewhere. Really the franchise is just a chemical supplier who sales the franchise to guarantee a client base ( unless they start buying others stuff lol ). But they really didn't make much off fees or equipment sales etc
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I have never understood the franchise model. Seems completely contrary. Even the Stanley Soaker model, if the franchisee would work just a little bit, he'd bring home more $$ with half the vans/equipment.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Do they use a truck mount extractor or a portable?
Tools: Old Blue CCS OP machine, Gem oscillating stair machine, Dyson vacuum, Bissell Proforce vacuum, Vacaway chems, Glad pads, Pump up sprayers. padding

www.smartdrycarpetcleaning.com

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(11-28-2014, 10:13 AM)joelhall Wrote: Bonnet cleaning with 175.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
They generally use a high psi porty for tile and grout.

(11-28-2014, 11:56 PM)infamousdave Wrote: Do they use a truck mount extractor or a portable?
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
The Heaven's Best franchise in my area is a two van operation and from my understanding they've done very well.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Franchises have a much better likelihood of success. Several reasons.

1. Simple business plan to follow---step by step.

2. Advertising plan with an adviser with the company to baby sit you.

3. Basic how to do the job education, usually a hot line to call if you have a problem.

3. Usually cleanliness and presentation requirements. Most require you to have a van with the Company logo on it.

4. Financial reporting to the company. This is to track the percentage fees and is also to gets the franchisees to look at their own finances.

5. Initial purchase price proves their commitment. And demands their persistence to get a return on their investment.

6. Basic business goal setting.

7. Most the business decisions are laid out and made in advance.

8. Tools, equipment, chemical decisions all made for you.

Many carpet cleaners and other small businesses get started by the seat of the pants. No idea how many jobs they need to do or customers they need to acquire to make a good living. No goals set out for them.

Look at the carpet cleaning education out there. Mytee sells thousands of portable carpet extractors. Have you ever seen a video on the basics of running an extractor efficiently or your carpet cleaning business?

And yet still one of the best carpet cleaner basic educations was built by Rob of Truckmount Forums.

Rotovac is the only one that offers advice and a complete business in a box--so to speak. Hotline to call for help.

I think John G with his Trinity Clubhouse offers that too.
Quality means doing it right when no one is looking...

Henry Ford
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Oh and you don't have to design your own logo or image.

Henry Ford
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Also some franchises have a wealth of history getting new franchises started. They see the advertising/promotions that works. They approve the ads and the ad buys and then get to see the results. The old advisers on this board--Steve, Coby, Con, have been at it so long their startup advice is ancient?

Many of the active posters on the other boards are very far removed from startup. However many of the advisors on TMF are in the middle of starting up themselves.

Henry Ford
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Cliffs Notes version: If you want to have your own business but still want a boss, buy a franchise.
[-] The following 1 user Likes REALCLEAN's post:
  • Rick Imby
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I'm a Heaven's Best franchise owner. A couple of reasons I bought the business are 1) I negotiated the sale to include 3 territories and a van full of equipment and chemicals for $10,000. If I bought it new from Heaven's Best corporate it would have cost $90,000, 2) one of the territories has the highest per capita income in the State of Georgia, 3) the business has been operating since 2003 so there was a large and loyal base of customers. The previous owner was ready for a change and needed a steady clock-in/clock-out job and I came along at the right time. It has worked out incredibly well for me. The franchise fees are fixed at a very low price. I also have a large national network of other Heaven's Best owners that I can call anytime if I need help with cleaning or pricing, some of which are 10+ van operations with very sophisticated approaches to structuring commercial contracts.

Sure, the chemicals are more expensive but once they are mixed and applied we are talking pennies or fractions of pennies per square foot in comparison. I'm currently at $50 per room residential so I'm not complaining about those pennies when it was the Heaven's Best name that got me in the door.

One thing I did not see mentioned in the comments yet is that some customers just feel more comfortable using a known national name brand company. This has absolutely helped us get large commercial accounts.

I also own a medical linen service that I started from scratch. I could have gone the route of a national franchise when I started but I wanted it to me by own and I'm glad I chose that route. However, there is no question my business would be bigger at this point had I purchased the franchise because their name is so well known (and trusted) amongst all of my potential customers that I wouldn't have had to tackle the issue of being the company no one has heard of.

There are legitimate pros and cons to franchises vs made-from-scratch businesses and I would advise taking your time and doing your due diligence when trying to decide.
[-] The following 6 users Like HBmvilleGA's post:
  • CleanImage2, Coby, Enge, GreenTechAgain, Mardie VanBree, rj 494
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Shane,

Super good insight's and a GREAT post!!!!

Rick... this post however..."The old advisers on this board--Steve, Coby, Con, have been at it so long their startup advice is ancient?"... hmmmmm sounds like a challenge in the works????

Now I'll agree that John and Steve are like really really old, BUT... If we were dropped in a given area with the most basic of cleaning tools compared to the "young, fresh, exciting computer whiz-bang generation"... do you think that you could match us with starting volume? profit? returning customers?

Man! if we could figure out how to get enough prize money to make it worthwhile.... I'd be in! And I wouldn't want to compete against Steve/John.... EVEN with them using their walkers they would be tough .. Con on the other hand I would leave in the dust :-).....

Just couldn't resist Con..... Hands up Laughing
Coby Gibson
formerly: http://www.45Clean.com
CobyGibson@me.com

[-] The following 2 users Like Coby's post:
  • Rick Imby, Spike
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2015, 03:51 PM)HBmvilleGA Wrote: I'm a Heaven's Best franchise owner. A couple of reasons I bought the business are 1) I negotiated the sale to include 3 territories and a van full of equipment and chemicals for $10,000. If I bought it new from Heaven's Best corporate it would have cost $90,000, 2) one of the territories has the highest per capita income in the State of Georgia, 3) the business has been operating since 2003 so there was a large and loyal base of customers. The previous owner was ready for a change and needed a steady clock-in/clock-out job and I came along at the right time. It has worked out incredibly well for me. The franchise fees are fixed at a very low price. I also have a large national network of other Heaven's Best owners that I can call anytime if I need help with cleaning or pricing, some of which are 10+ van operations with very sophisticated approaches to structuring commercial contracts.

Sure, the chemicals are more expensive but once they are mixed and applied we are talking pennies or fractions of pennies per square foot in comparison. I'm currently at $50 per room residential so I'm not complaining about those pennies when it was the Heaven's Best name that got me in the door.

One thing I did not see mentioned in the comments yet is that some customers just feel more comfortable using a known national name brand company. This has absolutely helped us get large commercial accounts.

I also own a medical linen service that I started from scratch. I could have gone the route of a national franchise when I started but I wanted it to me by own and I'm glad I chose that route. However, there is no question my business would be bigger at this point had I purchased the franchise because their name is so well known (and trusted) amongst all of my potential customers that I wouldn't have had to tackle the issue of being the company no one has heard of.

There are legitimate pros and cons to franchises vs made-from-scratch businesses and I would advise taking your time and doing your due diligence when trying to decide.

Can't argue with any of that reasoning.
Wonder though, what happened to the previous owner.? What happened , and why they did not make a go of it. (&Why you got such a good deal)?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2015, 10:29 AM)rj 494 Wrote:
(02-04-2015, 03:51 PM)HBmvilleGA Wrote: I'm a Heaven's Best franchise owner. A couple of reasons I bought the business are 1) I negotiated the sale to include 3 territories and a van full of equipment and chemicals for $10,000. If I bought it new from Heaven's Best corporate it would have cost $90,000, 2) one of the territories has the highest per capita income in the State of Georgia, 3) the business has been operating since 2003 so there was a large and loyal base of customers. The previous owner was ready for a change and needed a steady clock-in/clock-out job and I came along at the right time. It has worked out incredibly well for me. The franchise fees are fixed at a very low price. I also have a large national network of other Heaven's Best owners that I can call anytime if I need help with cleaning or pricing, some of which are 10+ van operations with very sophisticated approaches to structuring commercial contracts.

Can't argue with any of that reasoning.
Wonder though, what happened to the previous owner.? What happened , and why they did not make a go of it. (&Why you got such a good deal)?

Out of respect for the previous owner, the details need to remain personal as to why he could no longer successfully run his business, however, suffice it say, he had some personal issues he could not overcome, thus the fire sale to me.
[-] The following 2 users Like HBmvilleGA's post:
  • Rick Imby, rj 494
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(11-28-2014, 08:36 AM)Mardie VanBree Wrote: Just recently had a Heavens Best VLM carpet cleaning company open up in my area. Can anyone explain there process?

Well I guess I do not have to think about Heavens Best being a competitor in my area anymore.

The owner got charged with prostituting underage girls and drug dealing. It was also on the news that he filed a theft complaint for his equipment that he said got stolen.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: