Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
removing traffic lane stains
Hello everyone, I have been doing HWE with some good luck for about 5 months now. Last Friday I was working on a 3 bdrm. house with white carpet with every stain you could think of (it seemed like at the time). The customers were pretty happy, but the traffic lanes leading to the kitchen were really tough and could have looked better. I was using a pretty good pre-soak but not good enough. So, I expect the Vac-Away sample pak in a few days. Could someone recommend the best product for really beat and ground in dirt in a traffic lane? It seems that the dirt and foot traffic almost "stains" the carpet fiber. The aerosol spot sprayer stuff in a can will move the path marks, but that is not practical for a large area. Hey, thanks in advance. Blake thanks
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Grease Hawg would be your best product for the really bad jobs,
also if you don't aready have one you should consider getting a rotary or op machine asap, combind with your hwe it will add a whole new level to your cleaning.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brown's Carpet Care's post:
  • BBD
Reply }}
Thanks given by: BBD
(01-28-2015, 07:48 PM)Browns Carpet Care Wrote: Grease Hawg would be your best product for the really bad jobs,
also if you don't aready have one you should consider getting a rotary or op machine asap, combind with your hwe it will add a whole new level to your cleaning.

thanks for the input. I suspect rotary means a 175 floor machine which I am familiar with, but I do not know op machine by name. Is it more specific to carpet cleaning? Maybe it has two heads? I possibly have seen one. Thanks for the guidance on this issue Sir.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
An op machine (oscillating pad machine) can look alot like a 175 but it oscillates and spins at the same time.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(01-29-2015, 12:58 PM)Browns Carpet Care Wrote: An op machine (oscillating pad machine) can look alot like a 175 but it oscillates and spins at the same time.

thanks Jeff, I found a really good used 175 machine, and about to order a carpet brush for it. Once I get a gallon of the "Hawg", I will be all set for those really bad jobs. I was wondering one thing, is there anything in particular you guys may do to try to prevent the brown spot "wick-up" problems from stains? One person recommended to me that it is good to just rinse really well. thanks and have a great weekend
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(02-13-2015, 01:11 PM)blake Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 12:58 PM)Browns Carpet Care Wrote: An op machine (oscillating pad machine) can look alot like a 175 but it oscillates and spins at the same time.

thanks Jeff, I found a really good used 175 machine, and about to order a carpet brush for it. Once I get a gallon of the "Hawg", I will be all set for those really bad jobs. I was wondering one thing, is there anything in particular you guys may do to try to prevent the brown spot "wick-up" problems from stains? One person recommended to me that it is good to just rinse really well. thanks and have a great weekend

A water claw with your extractor may do the trick, or you could follow the extraction with a stronger mix of a high polymer content encap like encap green or hot knife,
Spray the spot with the mix and then go over with your rotary and an absorbent bonnet to remove as much moisture as possible.

With a good pre scrub you'll find your using less water extracting and reduce you chances of wicking.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brown's Carpet Care's post:
  • blake
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
White carpet, a good boost of detonator.

Next day, I bet those stains will be gone.
Odessa Carpet and Tile Cleaning
Odessa Florida, 33556 | 727-916-2314
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreenTechAgain's post:
  • blake
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(02-16-2015, 08:34 AM)GreenTechAgain Wrote: White carpet, a good boost of detonator.

Next day, I bet those stains will be gone.

I was looking at Detonator on the site. For spot removal do you use it alone as a spotter from a sprayer? Any luck with the "Halt" product? Thanks for your input Sir.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(02-14-2015, 10:47 AM)Browns Carpet Care Wrote:

A water claw with your extractor may do the trick, or you could follow the extraction with a stronger mix of a high polymer content encap like encap green or hot knife,
Spray the spot with the mix and then go over with your rotary and an absorbent bonnet to remove as much moisture as possible.

With a good pre scrub you'll find your using less water extracting and reduce you chances of wicking.

I see your point, making multiple passes with the extractor just soaks in the carpet backing and promotes the wicking. I ordered a water claw and had never heard of them or seen one. it looks like they work extremely well, but avoiding the wicking problem in general would be nice as you indicate. Is it possible to add higher polymer product to Grease Hawg? I.e. , 2oz of grease hawg and 2 oz of hot knife per same gallon for pre spray and spotting? Thanks for your help gentlemen
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(02-19-2015, 01:53 PM)blake Wrote:
(02-14-2015, 10:47 AM)Browns Carpet Care Wrote:

I see your point, making multiple passes with the extractor just soaks in the carpet backing and promotes the wicking. I ordered a water claw and had never heard of them or seen one. it looks like they work extremely well, but avoiding the wicking problem in general would be nice as you indicate. Is it possible to add higher polymer product to Grease Hawg? I.e. , 2oz of grease hawg and 2 oz of hot knife per same gallon for pre spray and spotting? Thanks for your help gentlemen

I do believe it's alright to add hot knife and grease hawg together.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I got a .025 brush thinking the .018 would be too whimpy. This .025 seems pretty AGGressive turning it by hand. I got the glide type with the center support and it is at the 1/8" setting being lowest. Maybe there is a break-in procedure? Polypropylene fill......any thoughts?.....this thing might jerk me off my feet. have a great weekend all, thanks Blake
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(02-21-2015, 02:07 AM)blake Wrote: I got a .025 brush thinking the .018 would be too whimpy. This .025 seems pretty AGGressive turning it by hand. I got the glide type with the center support and it is at the 1/8" setting being lowest. Maybe there is a break-in procedure? Polypropylene fill......any thoughts?.....this thing might jerk me off my feet. have a great weekend all, thanks Blake

I'm not a big fan of the adjust a glide brush, seems to be a little harder to control or maybe it was harder to go side to side with but you may love it, I do think you need to break it in first and you may need to take the plastic center off to do that.

The .025 should be good for about 90% of jobs you'll do but it doesn't hurt to have softer brushes for mor delicate fibers.

The poly brush is fine but Nylon is better they will hold their shape longer and last longer, also more expensive, but the adjust a glide brush is designed to keep the brush from bending the bristles under the weight of the rotary.

Anyway, break it in and you'll be fine with it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brown's Carpet Care's post:
  • blake, Enge
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
No matter what tool &/or method you use keep in mind that you are still dealing with scratched plastic and all that,that statement contains.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bassman_01's post:
  • ultraclean4u
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Late to the party for this thread but I'm still adding something.....DWELL time is a really good friend on dirty carpets!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Barry-QDCC's post:
  • BBD
Reply }}
Thanks given by: BBD
(06-23-2015, 11:37 PM)Barry-QDCC Wrote: Late to the party for this thread but I'm still adding something.....DWELL time is a really good friend on dirty carpets!

Barry when I was using VonSchrader I was the king of dwell time 15-20 average no matter what.Yikes But now with a high speed OP machine and on board sprayer the only dwell time I use now is the time between passes such as say I go over a room once then I will get a fresh pad and hit the traffic lane again if it needs it.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-23-2015, 11:37 PM)Barry-QDCC Wrote: Late to the party for this thread but I'm still adding something.....DWELL time is a really good friend on dirty carpets!

Yep. Which is why it's part of the cleaning pie.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
You were just giving it an ample amount of dwell!!Tongue

Way long ago when I first started. Did tons of apts. We often went in the day before if we could to preview. Often on the property anyway. If bad we would really soak the traffic lanes . Nuclear strong, and enough that they were still damp when we showed up to clean the next day.!
Reply }}
Thanks given by: