The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.25 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upholstery & Peroxcellent
Steve, (or upholstery guru's)
I'm an idiot when it comes to upholstery cleaning and I don't do much of it. Been thinking of trying Peroxcellent on an upcoming job, are there any concerns with peroxide damaging certain fabric typs, or any other cautions I should take with using it? (other than the standard color fast testing) Thanks.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Peroxcellent in RTU will not harm any fabrics. but using an encap on very dark fabrics may leave you frustrated in your vacuumin efforts.

I prefer to use 60% abstraction vLM & 40% Z bomb for synthetic uph if I am going to OP it.

Con

You really should at minimum know your fabric fibre types etc so you know what you are looking at & when you have a headache in front of you. There are several fibres I would not OP

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Andy has a tm and a vs system I've done 6 or 8 pieces w Peroxcellent and have loved it. Would prob foam up nice in your vs too? Spray, scrub in, extract. I like the low ph for uph.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-17-2011, 07:33 PM)Con Schultz Wrote: There are several fibres I would not OP

Feathers?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I've been having really good results with Peroxcellent and upholstery.
I would like to get a small electric rotating brush to work it in...any inexpensive ideas?

I would also like to get one for stairs...a little more aggressive of course.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Why not use a hand sander or small buffer?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Try one of those hand bonnets.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Brian will just take all our comments, stuff 'em in a closet and make his own invention. And then we'll all tell him he's wasting his time, and to try this, and that. Then he'll tell us about his invention. And then we'll have 2 threads on this board the same as the Pepsi sprayer one.

LOL I'm sorry
Brent

Keep it Clean, Keep it Longer.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I'll go that I am old school - geez i must be considered actually OLD now?? - I get wonderful amazing results on cotton & rayons all the time - HWE - therefore I would not OP them. My experience with black nylon office chairs & 'encap' led to a whole lotta work of extra vacuuming the now black with white flecks chairs. I will not be encapping any furn, abst& Z yup, not encap.

Con

more likely when one has learned a system & uses it & it works for you - you stick with it when it is producing the results you want with the profit you want. Most of our furn is done in shop where I have an electric Tm waiting to turn on. furn out the ying yang this week in shop! (not much room for rugs & not many rugs there right now)
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Blush
(03-17-2011, 10:12 PM)Brent Wrote: Brian will just take all our comments, stuff 'em in a closet and make his own invention. And then we'll all tell him he's wasting his time, and to try this, and that. Then he'll tell us about his invention. And then we'll have 2 threads on this board the same as the Pepsi sprayer one.

LOL I'm sorry

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
For what it is worth:

I had a TM and I still own two portys, one larger 2, 2 stage and one upholstery type of unit.

IMO some furniture just needs sprucing up and VLM is fine.

But honestly, that is rare IMO. Most of the time when they ask about cleaning it, it is beyond the spruce level.

Being able to offer both is a good idea. Trying to make VLM fit every hole is not.

I admit it is way easier to not have to lug in a porty...but it is harder to clean any chair, couch or love-seat with any type of OP tool.

I rib Con a lot about the measuring thing...but Con has been around a long time. A very very long time... Smile and he is right.

I will never write that again.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
So what you all are saying is, no special precautions needed with peroxellent , other than the normal precautions?

Or did I lose the meaning somwhere in between "hand bonnet"

" to op, or not to op, that is not the question"

Or fitting VLM in a hole that should be square peg shaped HWE tool. ??
Hijacked LOL
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-18-2011, 11:38 AM)Andy Mc Wrote: So what you all are saying is, no special precautions needed with peroxellent , other than the normal precautions?

Or did I lose the meaning somwhere in between "hand bonnet"

" to op, or not to op, that is not the question"

Or fitting VLM in a hole that should be square peg shaped HWE tool. ??
Hijacked LOL

I've been using Peroxcellent on all wet cleanable material with my 10" OP hand tool and a towel wrapped around it. No problems yet.
But I would still like to get a little electric brush for the bad ones.

Like the von schrader (sp)...but not $3000.00
Yikes
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
The stepson orbital with microfiber bonnets, not cotton. No white fuzzies that way. You can also get any drill and the rota drill brush attachment. Works great, and is only $19 http://www.excellent-supply.com/Rota-Dri..._p_15.html
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-18-2011, 10:41 PM)kelbev Wrote: The stepson orbital with microfiber bonnets, not cotton. No white fuzzies that way. You can also get any drill and the rota drill brush attachment. Works great, and is only $19 http://www.excellent-supply.com/Rota-Dri..._p_15.html

That's it. I'll buy it tomorrow.

I don't have my pants on right now and my wallet is in them. wow

Where's the "TMI" emoticon?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I agree with Con and Phil on this, and really have a hard time believing the bait-n-switch master formally from Georgia. Sorry if this is seen as bashing, but some things just need to be called out for the sake of the poor newby's who have no idea they are getting slanted information.

Mark my words ... it won't be long until a new vlm distributor suddenly appears.

Caveat Emptor
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-18-2011, 11:37 PM)Pigchip Wrote: and really have a hard time believing the bait-n-switch master formally from Georgia.

Who's that?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
http://www.harborfreight.com/power-tools...92623.html

There is this also. variable speed. From harbor freight. Use with a fiber plus pad and then use an 8inch tuway after. Works miracles on microfiber.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
It is a bad idea IMO to use anything that 'bleaches' such as H2O2 on anything natural.

Unless, of course, you are doing so on purpose for a reason beyond 'cleaning'.

I do NO natural fibers...ever...period.

No because of a lack of know-how but because I do not want the extra worries.

Other than that, Peroxcellent will work just fine on all upholstery.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: