Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orbot/CX-17
Has anyone had any experience running both of these machines? If so an you give any feedback on how they perform against each other. Thanks.
}}
Thanks given by:
Cx17 and easy glide are the same right??? I've owned both... Orbot is much nicer looking. Solid with no rattles etc...plus very easy to ad weight to Orbot ... Not so with easy glide
[-] The following 1 user Likes joelhall's post:
  • BGCD
}}
Thanks given by:
Cx17 and defender are the same, I own a defender and always had a problem with the head bouncing on commercial carpet, if you push it to much, not so much on resi.
No real problems like that with the orbot.
The orbot is a real smooth machine.
[-] The following 1 user Likes perry's post:
  • BGCD
}}
Thanks given by:
yes cx & easy glide almost identical, the difference being the drive brush I believe

Con
26 yrs in Alberta Canada. 2 truck & full rug plant operation. Cleanco Compact 47 TMs with RXs. Currently a Rock, a CM, & 2 Freedom Trinity, 3 Stepson. GLS20, rotary, 2 brute 17 & 2 breeze 17. 200psi porty. Dehus & dryers. Master tech.
}}
Thanks given by:
No EZ glide/Defender and CX 17 are not the same, the're all made by Orbitec but the CX handle is designed to distribute the wieght over the pad driver so you don't need added weight to clean well, it's also a very smooth machine.

The Orbot handle pulls the weight off the pad driver so you have less pad pressure which is why you need to add weight.

The CX also cost a lot less than the Orbot.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brown's Carpet Care's post:
  • BGCD, Denny Keil, timhall
}}
Thanks given by:
I have to agree with Jeff Brown on this one. I recently got a cx 17 and this machine is smooth and quiet on any type of carpet that I have tried with it. To date, I have not needed to add any weight to the head and it cleans unbelievably well......i have seen the orbot, but dont have much of an opinion other than they are slick looking. As far as op machines, the only other one I have is a Trinity wheels up model. Both are great, but the cx out performs it imo only because of how smooth an pleasurable it is to run on cgd...........but just keep in mind, I'm comparing apples to oranges.......The wheels down trinities are also really smooth...........just cost alot more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes timhall's post:
  • BGCD
}}
Thanks given by:
I used to run the Defender and Orbot at the same time.

The handle sucks on the Defender, but I loved the way it ran and where the solution tank (mine had the spray system) was located down in between the wheels. Easy to take out and refill and the weight was nice, balanced and low.

The Orbot was/is the best all around OP I've ever used. Loved the folding handle, wheels, and looks. I would get compliments on every single job, really. What I didn't like about the Orbot was the solution tank and always having to purge the spray system. The tank was large, awkward, and put all the weight higher than I liked. Adding 2 plates to each side really woke the Orbot up and it was a beast after the weight was added. I had zero problems with mine, even on commercial carpet.

If I could only pick 1 machine, it would probably be the Orbot. I now run a Trinity Freedom and it out cleans the Orbot but the looks and wheels down (of the Orbot) makes up for the high speed/ease of cleaning of the Freedom.

Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carpet Cleaning Salinas, Monterey, Pebble Beach Ca
ProGreen Kleen & Floor Care
http://Progreenkleen.net
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lefty724's post:
  • BGCD
}}
Thanks given by:
If my brain is working????

The CX-17 is identical to John's Brute machine or close: not an Easy Glide or a Defender which are also nearly identical as well.

I have owned a Brute and still have 3 Easy Glides. Brute is an Awesome machine for 3/8's orbit machine. Mine was built really solid and is still in use after YEARS now....

The Orbot machine is really nice looking.

I know it sounds weird? Even after CM's, 'Profit' machines, and a Grumpy machine... not counting many versions of past machines, I always seem to come back to "Man I really really love my Freedoms". That said, would be an instantaneous choice for me if I had to pick between an Orbot, CX or Grumpy... and as you know? already I would pick a Grumpy. Actually would pick a Grumpy over two of the others. I would also with know hesitation if picking only one machine between Grumpy and Freedom in Fairbanks, AK would pick a Freedom hands down.
Coby Gibson
formerly: www.45Clean.com
CobyGibson@me.com

[-] The following 3 users Like Coby's post:
  • BGCD, cleantech, Lefty724
}}
Thanks given by:
Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm getting a machine soon and this helps.
}}
Thanks given by:
Well I just ordered a CX-17. Appreciate the feedback and help with the decision. This will be my 3rd OP along with Cimex's. I will post thoughts vs Grumpy vs Orbot w/weight kit as soon as I can.
}}
Thanks given by:
so what all toys do you have then?

Con
26 yrs in Alberta Canada. 2 truck & full rug plant operation. Cleanco Compact 47 TMs with RXs. Currently a Rock, a CM, & 2 Freedom Trinity, 3 Stepson. GLS20, rotary, 2 brute 17 & 2 breeze 17. 200psi porty. Dehus & dryers. Master tech.
}}
Thanks given by:
Con right now 2 Cimex machines and the CX-17 on the way. Just sold an Orbot and Grumpy within the last month. Also 2 Hydramaster DD's. 4 RX20's. A few CRB's and a few Tennant buffers. Cyclo and Stepson. A couple of Evolution wands.
}}
Thanks given by:
(02-20-2015, 04:11 AM)Coby Wrote: If my brain is working????

The CX-17 is identical to John's Brute machine or close: not an Easy Glide or a Defender which are also nearly identical as well.

I have owned a Brute and still have 3 Easy Glides. Brute is an Awesome machine for 3/8's orbit machine. Mine was built really solid and is still in use after YEARS now....

I know it sounds weird? Even after CM's, 'Profit' machines, and a Grumpy machine... not counting many versions of past machines, I always seem to come back to "Man I really really love my Freedoms". That said, would be an instantaneous choice for me if I had to pick between an Orbot, CX or Grumpy... and as you know? already I would pick a Grumpy. Actually would pick a Grumpy over two of the others. I would also with know hesitation if picking only one machine between Grumpy and Freedom in Fairbanks, AK would pick a Freedom hands down.

I grab my freedom first on every job.... And I've had jobs where I love it.... But I have some where it drives me nuts and I wonder what you guys are doing. Just yesterday twice I had to pull in the rotary and scrub the carpet with the dirt napper and it made all the difference in the world. The second one I was using grease hog on so I know it's not a Chem issue. I was using glad pads as well but it just wasn't digging in like it needed too. I really like it but sure wonder how other owners are not experiencing the same
}}
Thanks given by:

I grab my freedom first on every job.... And I've had jobs where I love it.... But I have some where it drives me nuts and I wonder what you guys are doing. Just yesterday twice I had to pull in the rotary and scrub the carpet with the dirt napper and it made all the difference in the world. The second one I was using grease hog on so I know it's not a Chem issue. I was using glad pads as well but it just wasn't digging in like it needed too. I really like it but sure wonder how other owners are not experiencing the same
}}
Thanks given by:
The handle on the CX is now very similar to the Orbot. It is a t shape and pull pin design. A big improvement over the older handle. The tank sits on the handle and the capacity is 4 gallons.
}}
Thanks given by:
OK, curious as all get out now... why sell orbot & grumpy??? then to go down to a CX? huh?

Curious Con
[-] The following 1 user Likes Con Schultz's post:
  • cleantech
}}
Thanks given by:
(02-21-2015, 09:01 PM)Con Schultz Wrote: OK, curious as all get out now... why sell orbot & grumpy??? then to go down to a CX? huh?

Curious Con

Well I should have just kept the Orbot. But I have always wanted to try a Trinity machine. I don't want to go into detail but the Grumpy wasn't for me. So I decided to go back to an Orbot. I started asking some questions and found out about the CX-17. From the guys I have talked to that runs these machines. They love em. Smooth like an Orbot. Adjust the handle quickly. Hold more solution. Have a pad driver instead of the velcro. No weight kit necessary due to the handle and tank design. And the price never hurts you can buy two for what one Grumpy costs. Now I know what will be said about production times. But I'm not terribly concerned with cleaning at the speed of light. For me the Orbot cleaned fine. And if this machine cleans as good as the Orbot I will happily buy two for one all day long.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BGCD's post:
  • timhall
}}
Thanks given by:
fair enough!

I doubt I will be a grumpy owner either, but I do have a profit, a freedom, a CM, & a rock... in addition to an older brute & conqueror breeze, 4 stepsons... for a 2 tech operation LOL

Con
[-] The following 1 user Likes Con Schultz's post:
  • BGCD
}}
Thanks given by:
(02-21-2015, 05:47 PM)joelhall Wrote:

Joel,
Have you tried putting the freedom on speed 1? What I have found is the actual speed of these machines sometimes isnt a benefit at all on certain carpets. If you slow the speed of the orbit down, the rotation also slows and allows the pads to dig in and does a better job on certain carpets. Most feel like they need that extra speed, but in most situations that I encounter, I really cant tell a difference worth noting. Of course, most all I do are vacant apts.........This may help,
}}
Thanks given by:
(02-21-2015, 09:29 PM)BGCD Wrote:
(02-21-2015, 09:01 PM)Con Schultz Wrote: OK, curious as all get out now... why sell orbot & grumpy??? then to go down to a CX? huh?

Curious Con

Well I should have just kept the Orbot. But I have always wanted to try a Trinity machine. I don't want to go into detail but the Grumpy wasn't for me. So I decided to go back to an Orbot. I started asking some questions and found out about the CX-17. From the guys I have talked to that runs these machines. They love em. Smooth like an Orbot. Adjust the handle quickly. Hold more solution. Have a pad driver instead of the velcro. No weight kit necessary due to the handle and tank design. And the price never hurts you can buy two for what one Grumpy costs. Now I know what will be said about production times. But I'm not terribly concerned with cleaning at the speed of light. For me the Orbot cleaned fine. And if this machine cleans as good as the Orbot I will happily buy two for one all day long.

The cx is an older design sure, but is tried and true. I recently got one of these and absolutely love it. Its my first wheels on the ground op and its night and day difference of what I am used to as far as smoothness and being quiet. I have done several apts with it and love it. I steered away from doing larger commercials before, but now I gladly jump all over them. I can work during normal business hours, and because this machine is pretty darn quiet, I'm not invasive at all and dont interfere the slightest with the business's day to day operations, which I like.....but more importantly, my clients Love because they dont have to worry nearly as much about a vendor being onsite after hours.

In short.......you'll love it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes timhall's post:
  • Enge
}}
Thanks given by: