Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Customer Service?
Beyond doing a great job of cleaning what do you do to insure your customer returns to you?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-20-2011, 08:17 AM)Larry Galler Wrote: Beyond doing a great job of cleaning what do you do to insure your customer returns to you?

I shoot em with a dart gun and mount a radio collar on their tiny little necks.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Customer reminder cards every three months and a newsletter every month.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Leave them a Customer Retention Tool.
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I do that too, but I don't really get much verbal return for it. I have only a handful of customers who ask for more of it, or even mention it after receiving the first bottle.

And that has nothing to do with the quality of the product, I think, cuz it's agreat spotter.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
spotter
thank you card
welcome letter
satisfaction survey
monthly newsletter with constant contact
quarterly newsletter in mail
facebook page with posted specials and tips
reminder cards
holiday card
mothers day card
birthday card
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
WOW Scott that's awesome!

We do the thank you card, tell us how we did survey, 10-day guarantee. Not much compared to Scott.
Blush
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-20-2011, 04:26 PM)Richardc Wrote: WOW Scott that's awesome!

We do the thank you card, tell us how we did survey, 10-day guarantee. Not much compared to Scott.
Blush

Richard, I'm an owner/operator and am hell bent on developing referrals. Don't advertise or YP. I depend on website, networking, repeats and referrals. People only refer those they know, like, trust & remember.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
"Richard, I'm an owner/operator and am hell bent on developing referrals."

I agree Scott.

With my janitorial contracts I quickly learned that people want service. Not just a good price. People are willing to pay more for service.

I clean 2 banks here, I"m sub contracted by a large janitorial company that's 3 1/2 hrs away from here. They promise services and can't deliver, and won't pay me to do those services, even though I offer it in my business. Needless to say, the managers of these 2 banks hate dealing with that large company because they're not looked after. Unfortunately, that large company competes on different scale than I can. They hold the contracts for all the banks of 3 chains for the entire province. Even though I provide better service to the banks than they do, they get the job because they're cheaper, but that doesn't make people happy with there work.

I get janitorial contracts here quite often, because people hear that I offer great service, and go out of my way to make them happy.
Brent

Keep it Clean, Keep it Longer.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Great service only helps so much. People forget.

Unfortunately ... Undecided
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
So Brent why do you subcontract for the company that charges less than you do and pays you even less?

After working for them and bonding with the bank managers tell the managers you are leaving and leave. Spend your energy and nights building your own business not someone elses.

Then come back in two weeks, one month, two months etc and try to get the job back for your own company.

Or is the money too good?
Quality means doing it right when no one is looking...

Henry Ford
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I think we should let that be the subject of another thread. I fear derailing this one.

Can I do that for you?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Beyond a better than expected cleaning....

you must develop trust therefore we spend a fair bit of time doing onsite quotes ahead of time & spend some time on the post consult. Offering tips on the other products in their home / biz that we also look after but really dont get into the 'oh, we can clean that too" bit, more of, Oh that painted leather is a great choice of leather for an active family like yours, are you doing the regular maintenance on it to ensure it lasts a long time?

It is also about caring about their family & bringing up helpful hints that works for us - such as raising kids, marriage building etc.

Maybe I get too personal sometimes & I am sure that I have offended some over the years. But I could not just come in, do the work required, take the most amount of money i could drag out of their wallet & run.

And lastly, treat every client like its your momma! if you momma needs it, so do they, if your momma dont - neither do they. Be frankly honest with them, they appreciate your integrity.

(sorry I did not see the original Q as one of your marketing system approach to client retention - ie booties etc.)

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-20-2011, 08:17 AM)Larry Galler Wrote: Beyond doing a great job of cleaning what do you do to insure your customer returns to you?

Hi guys, thanks for all the great responses!

Most of you who have responded to this question are actively working and investing in bringing your customers back. The logic of repeat customers is that:
1. They will need your services again in the future... and they know it.
2. If you did a good job at a fair price (from their perspective) and treated them well (courtesy / care of their belongings / arrived on time / etc.) they would probably use you again.
3. That is... if they remember you.

All the different memory devices (spotter bottles / magnets / newsletters / reminder cards / etc.) shown in your answers work to trigger their memory of you, your company, and your services.

I'll bet that those of you who use memory devices is higher than those who don't and that those who use multiple memory devices (over time) have even higher retention rates. Do you track the % of repeat customers?

Larry

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
absolutely, track every call & every job.

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-22-2011, 07:36 PM)Con Schultz Wrote: absolutely, track every call & every job.

Con

I'm amazed how few people track them. You can learn so much with a little data (I mean it isn't like tracking the projected damage of a tsunami (sorry for that little joke Steve)).

I just initiated a project to identify communities to market to based on the density of the current customer base. An example - if we market to a community where we already do quite a bit of work then it will be less expensive (or more efficient depending on your point of view) to work in that community. The other side of that coin is to identify communities that we are not getting much work from and market there because it has more potential. I don't know how this will turn out yet, just getting the data now.

Larry Galler
Reply }}
Thanks given by: