Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New/Old High Speed OP Machine
https://youtu.be/2IrTWLiOl5o

Older Orbitec Defender with large orbit.
As you can see it is smooth and quite for a large orbit machine.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brown's Carpet Care's post:
  • Derek, thecleaningdude, timhall
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Is this being sold by the maker as a new model available or is it some ones experiment ?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
what is the size of the orbit Jeff?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-31-2015, 05:42 AM)Mardie VanBree Wrote: Is this being sold by the maker as a new model available or is it some ones experiment ?

Depends on the interest of the machine.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-31-2015, 11:42 AM)timhall Wrote: what is the size of the orbit Jeff?

It's a 3/4" orbit
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brown's Carpet Care's post:
  • timhall
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Interested? LOL. I think you already know the answer to that one Jeff.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I built my business on two of these. I've had them for six years and they're pretty much bullet proof. Grab some Glads and some Vacaway juice and you're making $$$. I've had mine refurbed by Clark at Orbitec and they both look new again. You can by them new from Clark directly.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I guess I always get the short end of the stick. My defender had a 1/2 orbit, was quiet "sometimes" and loud and rattling other times. Also due to the extreme lack of head weight it didn't clean for squat, and I had many many issues with it and often had trouble getting any support. I once logged 30 straight days of calling Orbitec and never once got an answer and never once was any message returned. That machine was the end of my dealings with that company. Whenever Clark did "by chance" answer the phone he was always great to deal with but those times were few and far between for me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grant D's post:
  • Con Schultz
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Same experience here as Grant. I have never been able to get a return call. Haven't dealt with them in years. I had heard that service had improved and recently tried contacting them for a part. Nothing has changed. No return calls or return emails. Mystifies me as to how they stay in business.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Jeff, is this a single speed or multi speed machine?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2015, 06:58 AM)Blue Ridge Floor Care Wrote: Jeff, is this a single speed or multi speed machine?

Single speed but it could be done where the speed changes so you can slow it down to dig in more to remove more soil with changing the orbit, maybe.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2015, 07:44 AM)Browns Carpet Care Wrote:
(06-01-2015, 06:58 AM)Blue Ridge Floor Care Wrote: Jeff, is this a single speed or multi speed machine?

Single speed but it could be done where the speed changes so you can slow it down to dig in more to remove more soil with changing the orbit, maybe.

I'm sure someone has checked into whether or not this would infringe on the current patent or doctrine of equivalents. Demand for a competitive machine would most likely be strong.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:

Slowing it down would only defeat the benefits of a high speed OP machine. High speed OP machines need the proper amount of head weight or it will just hydro plane. Dustin did this with his Orbot and ended up buying a Grumpy.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2015, 07:51 AM)Blue Ridge Floor Care Wrote:

I'm sure someone has checked into whether or not this would infringe on the current patent or doctrine of equivalents. Demand for a competitive machine would most likely be strong.

This should be very interesting.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-31-2015, 02:37 PM)Browns Carpet Care Wrote:
(05-31-2015, 05:42 AM)Mardie VanBree Wrote: Is this being sold by the maker as a new model available or is it some ones experiment ?

Are you the builder or just a board spokesman for this machine?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2015, 08:01 AM)Mardie VanBree Wrote: Slowing it down would only defeat the benefits of a high speed OP machine.

but it would improve the benefit of cleaner carpet, ie: dig down a little more.
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2015, 08:14 AM)Mardie VanBree Wrote:
(05-31-2015, 02:37 PM)Browns Carpet Care Wrote:

Are you the builder or just a board spokesman for this machine?

well his name is Jeff Brown, not Clark Lancaster. it's the same situation with Mardie VanBree and John Guerkink.

Tongue Wink
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
[-] The following 2 users Like Derek's post:
  • Blue Ridge Floor Care, Carpe-tDiem
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Disagree with you Derek. I own an existing machines in production and only share my experience and knowledge of it.
It would appear to me that Jeff Brown is introducing a machine that is not in production. IE: spokesman for a new product launch.
So as you can see your analogy between Jeff and I is wrong.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
you both own machines by a manu and speak about them, i just pointed out the obvious analogy. sorry if i offended you Mardie, i don't want to be banned.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
That is what we call 3/8 offset. So 3/4 is just counting the 3/8 movement on either side of the shaft. We came out with that 15 years ago.

Ours by their calculations is a 1 1/8 orbit.

Anything more than one speed or over 3/8's offset is patented.

Just more bs trying to make the Orbitec "seem" like a high speed equivalent.
John "PadMan" Geurkink
Trinity Renewal Systems
The Grandfather of OP
Encap Carpet Cleaning Machines
I was OP when OP wasn't cool
Reply }}
Thanks given by: