Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suppliers advising cleaners how to interact with consumers...
Did you get the email from Groom about selling groomers to your customers?

Watch the video, http://www.interlinksupply.com/showvid.html?video=1&item_num=LA70

They suggest bringing in a soft-sided piece of luggage stuffed with goodies and a couple of groomers at the beginning of the job saying, "lean them against the wall next to the soft-sided bag so the customer can see and inspect them while you work."

I don't know about you but I bring in enough stuff as it is. While I’m working I try my best to keep my stuff out of the way so the good folks who invited me into their home don't have to see, inspect or trip over it anymore than necessary.

I can't say I never lean my stuff against their walls, but while the narrator talks about leaning the groomers against the wall the tech in the video leans them against the customer’s beautifully hand-carved, and obviously not so cheap, family room entertainment center.

Try that with my wife. Go ahead. I double-dog dare you.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
awwwman I don't want Gena wooping me up aside the hed... I seen the knots on yours and it ain't purdy.dance
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't pull all that in. But I am thinking of buying some stuff (got the email) and offering it to the customer if they ever catch me grooming. I had tons ask me about it in the chem dry years.

Right now the only "upsell" product I bring in is my pretty gallon of scotchgard to prop the door open ...Thank you Steve Toburen and SFS.

It's working pretty good. I love being able to motion to the gallon when I ask....it just adds a level of legitimacy to the offer.

But yes...I too bring in too much stuff as it is. lol

I don't even have my spotter program going yet....oh I suck so bad. Angry
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
How much can one make selling groomers?

I wouldn't waste the time. I'd rather sell some other service like protector, upholstery or area rug cleaning. You'd have to sell a whole bunch of groomers to equal the $$$ on 1 sofa.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2011, 09:42 PM)Rug Beater Wrote: How much can one make selling groomers?

I wouldn't waste the time. I'd rather sell some other service like protector, upholstery or area rug cleaning. You'd have to sell a whole bunch of groomers to equal the $$$ on 1 sofa.

I agree....but....It would be good to have if a customer wanted one.
Positive moment of truth.

And that little bit of money only adds up.

It's nice to have a place to keep them stored on the vehicle so that they don't get in the way too.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I have no urge whatesoever to sell retail products. Because then I have to charge sales tax on it. Which means I have to report all sales to the city and state. Which is paperwork that I have not even the slightest urge to take part in.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Give them away......and charge a delivery fee.

Reply }}
Thanks given by: