Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freedom MX
A few of you have reached out to me about the new MX and I thought I'd start a new thread so if anyone has any questions about the machine they can ask here and I'll answer as best I can.  I can tell you it is one hell of a nice machine.  I have nothing to compare it to other than my original Grumpy, and CX-17.

The cleaning ability and speed are the same as the Grumpy.  Where the MX blows the Grumpy out of the water is the smoothness and ease of use.  I'll post some pics later of a job I did this morning where I got it into a tight spot where the only other machine I could have gotten in there would have been my Stepson.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: John Geurkink , Mardie VanBree
Had some fun with the MX this morning. There was a craft table in a small room and the customer didn't want it moved. There was not enough room to get the machine behind it so I put the handle in the free float position and got on the floor under the middle of the table. The MX is making this too easy.

[Image: 1_zpswcaqgzmg.jpg]
[Image: 2_zpsv7vomkdi.jpg]
[/url][url=http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/saabtrash/media/3_zpskz0vfxt1.jpg.html][Image: 3_zpskz0vfxt1.jpg]
Reply }}
Thanks given by: John Geurkink
Todd do the spray tips protrude beyond the front edge of the pad driver cover ? They do on my 2 Rocks and I have a new Grumpy head and they also do stick out past the front edge of the pad driver cover. I do not like having to be so careful with not hitting walls with the spray tips. I have damaged several spray tips and have had to buy replacements. I just put in an order for a bunch of them because of this hitting the wall thing.  My spray tips took some paint of a wall today and now I have to repaint an entire stair way from bottom to top to match it up. I am pissed. Wish I had time to fab up a proper spray tip manifold that keeps the spray tips behind the front edge of the pad driver cover so they cannot hit the wall and so I do not have to be so careful every time I come up to a wall.

That MX is the bomb.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
They do ever so slightly but I have never hit a wall or furniture with them and I push right up to them all the time. My CX-17 is a different story. Those tips will takeout anything in front of the machine.  Cry Baby
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-21-2015, 09:57 PM)saabtrash Wrote: They do ever so slightly but I have never hit a wall or furniture with them and I push right up to them all the time. My CX-17 is a different story. Those tips will takeout anything in front of the machine.  Cry Baby

Yes if you push the machine straight into the wall and pull it straight back the spray tips will not hit the wall. When I get to the wall I sweep the head from side to side to get full coverage and to better work the edges. Also when in tight areas sweeping the head from side to side is the only practical way to get the edges.
It is when I sweep the machine from side to side that the spray tips hit the wall and cause damage.
I was doing the lower landing sweeping the head along the base boards when my spray tips damaged the wall and now I have to paint the whole dam stair way so it will match up. Bang Head
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I do that and it's just never been an issue. I'm not saying it can't happen but it is far more likely with an Orbitech.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I look forward to hearing about your experience with the MX Todd. We really love the Grimpy 2.0, but this new machine is definitely on my radar. It basically fixes all the flaws in the Grumpy.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
You're right Steve.  I have the original Grumpy so the  MX really is a big improvement over that model.  The 2.0 made some nice improvements but the MX just takes it a step further.  I can't say enough good things about the handle adjustment and how easy this machine is to use.  It's also very smooth and quiet.  I had a customer check on me yesterday to make sure everything was alright because she didn't hear the machine running when she was upstairs.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Yep think I'm gonna order one of these tomorrow.....

John do you have machines ready to go or built to order?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Todd how is the wiring ? Is there places that the wires are running loosely through the frame which can cause wear on the wires in time.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
only a few pump wires are exposed Mardie.  All others are run through the handle or secured to the frame.

[Image: mx_zpsi26a5s6c.jpg]
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Mardie VanBree
(07-22-2015, 11:09 AM)joelhall Wrote: Yep think I'm gonna order one of these tomorrow.....

Order tomorrow and we will ship Friday.
Good you are getting it now, the introductory offer will be over soon... You will LOVE this one Joel.
What color do you want?
John "PadMan" Geurkink
Trinity Renewal Systems
The Grandfather of OP
Encap Carpet Cleaning Machines
I was OP when OP wasn't cool
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-22-2015, 06:39 AM)Mardie VanBree Wrote:
(07-21-2015, 09:57 PM)saabtrash Wrote: They do ever so slightly but I have never hit a wall or furniture with them and I push right up to them all the time. My CX-17 is a different story. Those tips will takeout anything in front of the machine.  Cry Baby

Yes if you push the machine straight into the wall and pull it straight back the spray tips will not hit the wall. When I get to the wall I sweep the head from side to side to get full coverage and to better work the edges. Also when in tight areas sweeping the head from side to side is the only practical way to get the edges.
It is when I sweep the machine from side to side that the spray tips hit the wall and cause damage.
I was doing the lower landing sweeping the head along the base boards when my spray tips damaged the wall and now I have to paint the whole dam stair way so it will match up. Bang Head

Mardie, you are trying to change your CM's over to something closer to a Grumpy, however your BELL on the CM is one inch bigger, so NOW your spray head is over too far, because you put the new Grumpy baseplate on it.
This is why we no longer sell frames, too many troubles and complaints one machine is NOT the other and changing a few parts doesn't really make it the other either..LOL
John "PadMan" Geurkink
Trinity Renewal Systems
The Grandfather of OP
Encap Carpet Cleaning Machines
I was OP when OP wasn't cool
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-22-2015, 03:29 PM)John Geurkink Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 06:39 AM)Mardie VanBree Wrote:

Mardie, you are trying to change your CM's over to something closer to a Grumpy, however your BELL on the CM is one inch bigger, so NOW your spray head is over too far, because you put the new Grumpy baseplate on it.
This is why we no longer sell frames, too many troubles and complaints one machine is NOT the other and changing a few parts doesn't really make it the other either..LOL

I got the 100% complete Grumpy head. Dual capasitor Motor, steal pillow blocks, motor baseplate, counter balance, pad driver cover/bell housing, 17"pad driver complete with bearings and spray head assembly which also included new spray tips and connector for feed line all assembled and ready to go.
I interchanged no parts from my Rock and it all worked great. Just don't like the spray tips sticking out beyond the pad driver cover.
[-] The following 9 users Like Mardie VanBree's post:
  • Coby, Coby, Coby, Coby, Coby, Coby, Coby, Coby, Coby
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Coby
Don't know why but this song just popped into my head.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM
[-] The following 9 users Like Blue Ridge Floor Care's post:
  • Coby, Coby, Coby, Coby, Coby, Coby, Coby, Coby, Coby
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Coby
(07-22-2015, 08:50 PM)Blue Ridge Floor Care Wrote: Don't know why but this song just popped into my head.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM

FYI I bought that complete head as a back up in case something went wrong with one of my other machines. Being complete as it is it takes less than 5 min. to switch it out. When I have work to do the last thing I need is to be waiting on parts to be shipped from Kentucky to Canada. So if you think I am a cheapscape you are sadly mistaken. How many owners of these machines do you think have a complete spare head sitting on the shelf for nothing more than a back up ? SHees
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-22-2015, 03:27 PM)John Geurkink Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 11:09 AM)joelhall Wrote: Yep think I'm gonna order one of these tomorrow.....

Order tomorrow and we will ship Friday.
Good you are getting it now, the introductory offer will be over soon... You will LOVE this one Joel.
What color do you want?

and then last night on my way home I rear ended someone..... Might be a couple days before I get that ordered ..... Gotta see what getting a new cleaning van is gonna set me back .... Ugh
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
ouch! sorry to hear that Joel. everyone OK?
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
X 2 - are you ok?
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
ditto - hope you ok Joel! You need the MX now to pay for the new van!

Con
26 yrs in Alberta Canada. 2 truck & full rug plant operation. Cleanco Compact 47 TMs with RXs. Currently a Rock, a CM, & 2 Freedom Trinity, 3 Stepson. GLS20, rotary, 2 brute 17 & 2 breeze 17. 200psi porty. Dehus & dryers. Master tech.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: