Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cimex brush cleaning tips?
I have a couple cimexes and love them but find cleaning the brushes to verify tedious and slow. For now I spray them with my hose and pull out the hair and gunk by hand. Any advice on a better way?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I comb my brushes with a paintbrush comb. When I use my Cimex I usually use the pads though!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
i haven't used my brushes in 8 years wow 

are you finding that you get better results with the brushes than with VCT-type pads? if so, which brushes do that (soft, medium or stiff)??

i stopped using brushes because the VCT-type's were doing a much better job for me and had better surface-contact than the brushes, giving a more uniform "cleaning."

BTW, my go-to Cimex pads are either Planetary Pads or Martian Pads. nothing else compares in my experience.
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I like the brushes for simplicity and saving money. They always work awesome and my only complaint is cleaning them. I love the pads as well, but brushes are my first choice. Where do you get your pads?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(01-05-2016, 12:23 PM)Derek Wrote: i haven't used my brushes in 8 years wow 

are you finding that you get better results with the brushes than with VCT-type pads? if so, which brushes do that (soft, medium or stiff)??

i stopped using brushes because the VCT-type's were doing a much better job for me and had better surface-contact than the brushes, giving a more uniform "cleaning."

BTW, my go-to Cimex pads are either Planetary Pads or Martian Pads. nothing else compares in my experience.

Where do you get your pads? Can you provide a link please?

Thank you
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
http://encapstore.com/shop/vlm-pads-brus...y-pads-tan
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: