Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mytee EC-17
Does anyone have any experience with this machine? I found one for sale locally. The guy got it from Mytee as a certified refurb. Sold it to me still wrapped up in packaging for $700. Killer deal.
Anyhow, I brought it home and thought I'd try it out and I'm encountering some issues. When I engage the driver it STRUGGLES to get going. I started with a cotton blend bonnet and pre wet it and the area I was testing in and the machine couldn't even get the bonnet spinning. Then I switched to a Tuway pad and had more luck but it still seems REAL sluggish. My old beater 175 has .5 hp less and has never failed to start spinning no matter the pad or how dry. Thoughts anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
no thoughts here other than i recommend calling Mytee and seeing what their thoughts are.
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
sounds like it could be the capacitor which should be an easy fix but I too would suggest calling Mytee.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I had one of the first ones....worked fine for two days! Then crapped out with the same issues you described. To Mytees credit they tried everything to fix it without me having to return it. Finally, I told them I wanted my money back, and they obliged without any hesitation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fred's post:
  • Derek
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Derek
I had one of the first ones....worked fine for two days! Then crapped out with the same issues you described. To Mytees credit they tried everything to fix it without me having to return it. Finally, I told them I wanted my money back, and they obliged without any hesitation.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(01-27-2016, 11:31 PM)tschultz Wrote: Does anyone have any experience with this machine? I found one for sale locally. The guy got it from Mytee as a certified refurb. Sold it to me still wrapped up in packaging for $700. Killer deal.
Anyhow, I brought it home and thought I'd try it out and I'm encountering some issues. When I engage the driver it STRUGGLES to get going. I started with a cotton blend bonnet and pre wet it and the area I was testing in and the machine couldn't even get the bonnet spinning. Then I switched to a Tuway pad and had more luck but it still seems REAL sluggish. My old beater 175 has .5 hp less and has never failed to start spinning no matter the pad or how dry. Thoughts anyone?

Sounds like you may have got my machine. I was one of the first to purchase, it did exactly what you are describing, plus more issues. Ultimately I ended up sending back for refund.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-17-2016, 08:09 AM)Fred Wrote:
(01-27-2016, 11:31 PM)tschultz Wrote: Does anyone have any experience with this machine? I found one for sale locally. The guy got it from Mytee as a certified refurb. Sold it to me still wrapped up in packaging for $700. Killer deal.

Sounds like you may have got my machine. I was one of the first to purchase, it did exactly what you are describing, plus more issues. Ultimately I ended up sending back for refund.

Curious, did you buy this from Mytee direct?
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
No, I bought used from someone who purchased it as a refurb from mytee

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-20-2016, 06:02 AM)tschultz Wrote: No, I bought used from someone who purchased it as a refurb from mytee

Dumb question, BUT, are you starting it with the pad ON the floor, or do you lift it off of the carpet, start & then lower the the floor??

Angel  hatsoff
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
This is a dumb question, too.  Did you try another outlet on a different circuit?  I run into that periodically.  Some circuits, especially in older homes that may have smaller service or too much stuff on individual circuits, don't always have the juice to get things going.  It's either hard to start and slow to run or it sits there and hums at me.  When that's the case I'll try to find an outlet in kitchen or a bathroom.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: