Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
least foaming chems
I do a lot of HWE using encamp chems, i'll either apply using my 175 with solution tank and carpet brush, then rinse and extract with my mytee ltd5 using only hot tap water and have my mytee hot turbo heater going as well for nice hot water, Or i'll pre spray, let dwell then agitate with my CRB then rinse and extract with the portable---The Problem "FOAM" in my waste tank is too much, tried a powder defoamer that you sprinkle on the carpet prior to rinse and extract which worked ok but that stuff gets all over my vac hose and turns it white then i have to clean off after every job, liquid defoamer works good but is a pain to have to keep stopping to add more. So my question is which encamp products cause the least amount of foam. when using them the way i do

I wonder if i ran the 175 with a cotton bonnet 1st (prior to rinse & extract) if that would remove enough of the chem so that when i rinse and extract with the portie i wouldn't have so much of a foam issue . If i have the 175 in the house already it would be no big deal to throw the pad driver on and a cotton bonnet and hit it real quick, on a four room job it might add 15 min extra to the job
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2016, 01:29 PM)kevinj6121 Wrote: I do a lot of HWE using encamp chems, i'll either apply using my 175 with solution tank and carpet brush, then rinse and extract with my mytee ltd5 using only hot tap water and have my mytee hot turbo heater going as well for nice hot water, Or i'll pre spray, let dwell then agitate with my CRB then rinse and extract with the portable---The Problem "FOAM" in my waste tank is too much, tried a powder defoamer that you sprinkle on the carpet prior to rinse and extract which worked ok but that stuff gets all over my vac hose and turns it white then i have to clean off after every job, liquid defoamer works good but is a pain to have to keep stopping to add more. So my question is which encamp products cause the least amount of foam. when using them the way i do

I wonder if i ran the 175 with a cotton bonnet 1st (prior to rinse & extract) if that would remove enough of the chem so that when i rinse and extract with the portie i wouldn't have so much of a foam issue . If i have the 175 in the house already it would be no big deal to throw the pad driver on and a cotton bonnet and hit it real quick, on a four room job it might add 15 min extra to the job

I believe that Dirt Axe would be the best all around product for your purposes.  It is less expensive and it is a rather low foaming encap prespray, which can also be used as an alkaline rinse.

Intensity Red and Intensity GREEN can also be used in the same way, but are more expensive and IMO, they will not really do any better job than Dirt Axe. 

All three of the products mentioned above can also be used as straight encap cleaners with low moisture machines.   Here are the  technical bulletins for each of the products:   Dirt Axe   Intensity RED   Intensity GREEN
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Here's a little trick that does great at keeping foam down in the recovery tank.   Buy a few cheap sponges and put them in a ziplock bag.  Pour defoamer on the sponge and close the bag......Keep a few of them handy depending on how many jobs you have......When its time to clean, pull the sponge out of the bag and put in your recovery tank.....The sponge will leech out defoamer, and should last a few standard size jobs before needing a new sponge......Clean the sponge off, and let dry out, then start the cycle again.
[-] The following 3 users Like timhall's post:
  • Barry-QDCC, Steve Smith, Steve Smith
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Steve Smith , Barry-QDCC
(02-08-2016, 06:17 AM)Steve Smith Wrote:
(02-07-2016, 01:29 PM)kevinj6121 Wrote: I do a lot of HWE using encamp chems, i'll either apply using my 175 with solution tank and carpet brush, then rinse and extract with my mytee ltd5 using only hot tap water and have my mytee hot turbo heater going as well for nice hot water, Or i'll pre spray, let dwell then agitate with my CRB then rinse and extract with the portable---The Problem "FOAM" in my waste tank is too much, tried a powder defoamer that you sprinkle on the carpet prior to rinse and extract which worked ok but that stuff gets all over my vac hose and turns it white then i have to clean off after every job, liquid defoamer works good but is a pain to have to keep stopping to add more. So my question is which encamp products cause the least amount of foam. when using them the way i do

I believe that Dirt Axe would be the best all around product for your purposes.  It is less expensive and it is a rather low foaming encap prespray, which can also be used as an alkaline rinse.

Intensity Red and Intensity GREEN can also be used in the same way, but are more expensive and IMO, they will not really do any better job than Dirt Axe. 

All three of the products mentioned above can also be used as straight encap cleaners with low moisture machines.   Here are the  technical bulletins for each of the products:   Dirt Axe   Intensity RED   Intensity GREEN

Thank you Steve
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2016, 08:31 PM)timhall Wrote: Here's a little trick that does great at keeping foam down in the recovery tank.   Buy a few cheap sponges and put them in a ziplock bag.  Pour defoamer on the sponge and close the bag......Keep a few of them handy depending on how many jobs you have......When its time to clean, pull the sponge out of the bag and put in your recovery tank.....The sponge will leech out defoamer, and should last a few standard size jobs before needing a new sponge......Clean the sponge off, and let dry out, then start the cycle again.

Thanks Tim I am deffinately going to try that, thats a new one for me
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Sponge idea is great

If you are going to do larger jobs with a portable use an auto fill defoamer valve which pulls defoamer through the vac port on portable as you work

auto defoamer

You could use fabric softner and dilute into a gal jug or buy the defoamer premixed at carpet supply houses---$20--$25 a gal

I use the auto defoamer valve when cleaning large tile jobs with the portable
learning something new every minute Hands up Laughing
Carpet Cleaning Naples Florida
my youtube channel

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Great idea, Tim. Also, I think some use fabric softener as well?
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Well i tried the defoamer on the sponge trick and gotta say thanks. it works great i bought a couple of those big sponges that you would use to hand wash your car, soaked it with defoamer and dropped in the recovery tank and that solved my foam problem. it works like a charm. Thanks again for the tip
Reply }}
Thanks given by: