Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
grease spots
I am doing a job tomorrow night, I did a demo today. it is a large com office with a lot of grease spots. my reg encap juice and cimex did not cut it though. luckily I have HKE and GH in stock. I am going to prespray the grease spots with grease hawg and then cimex with HKE. I was wondering what the strongest mix of GH I can use on the spots. or any other sugestions. PS-It's a large construction firm and I was referred by one of there family members who I do work for so I really want to hit it out of the park but am a little worried. Thanks!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2016, 05:43 PM)mark63 Wrote: I am doing a job tomorrow night, I did a demo today. it is a large com office with a lot of grease spots. my reg encap juice and cimex did not cut it though. luckily I have HKE and GH in stock. I am going to prespray the grease spots with grease hawg and then cimex with HKE. I was wondering what the strongest mix of GH I can use on the spots. or any other sugestions. PS-It's a large construction firm and I was referred by one of there family members who I do work for so I really want to hit it out of the park but am a little worried. Thanks!

I would recommend to just test encap with a white rag and chose which one works better. Stick with one product and use that on job. grease hawg is a film forming encap and hotknife a crystalizing encap. If you use one of those encaps you can make a strong mix in a spray bottle to pre soak and will not have any problem no matter how strong you mix it......just cost you more product and money.

I would use spot and boost green or regular spot and boost on spots if they are not releasing with your choice of encap.

Many times areas that look like grease are areas that someone has tried to clean and now they have attracted dirt. Any old residue spots will come right off carpet.

The only other thing you would need if there is grease stains is pads that will remove some of grease on the carpet. If you only use a fiber pad you may not remove all of the stained area. That is when a good heavy Oscillating machine with different pads works better.

Give us some feed back after you do job.
learning something new every minute Hands up Laughing
Carpet Cleaning Naples Florida
my youtube channel

[-] The following 2 users Like joel hoppe's post:
  • curtis, curtis
Reply }}
Thanks given by: curtis
(03-08-2016, 08:00 PM)joel hoppe Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 05:43 PM)mark63 Wrote: I am doing a job tomorrow night, I did a demo today. it is a large com office with a lot of grease spots. my reg encap juice and cimex did not cut it though. luckily I have HKE and GH in stock. I am going to prespray the grease spots with grease hawg and then cimex with HKE. I was wondering what the strongest mix of GH I can use on the spots. or any other sugestions. PS-It's a large construction firm and I was referred by one of there family members who I do work for so I really want to hit it out of the park but am a little worried. Thanks!

I would recommend to just test encap with a white rag and chose which one works better. Stick with one product and use that on job. grease hawg is a film forming encap and hotknife a crystalizing encap. If you use one of those encaps you can make a strong mix in a spray bottle  to pre soak and will not have any problem no matter how strong you mix it......just cost you more product and money.

I would use spot and boost green or regular spot and boost on spots if they are not releasing with your choice of encap.

Many times areas that look like grease are areas that someone has tried to clean and now they have attracted dirt. Any old residue spots will come right off carpet.

The only other thing you would need if there is grease stains is pads that will remove some of grease on the carpet. If you only use a fiber pad you may not remove all of the stained area. That is when a good heavy Oscillating machine with different pads works better.

Give us some feed back after you do job.

Thanks Joel!
I was thinking that I would  spray a 50/50 mix of GH on the spots and then encap with HNE? I will test both like you recommended but I think the GH will be better on the petroleum spots and I like a reg encap with a cimex and fiber plus pads better than a filming encap (but I don't know why)
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
A film forming encap will not come off as easy with vacuuming as a crystallizing encap

If the carpets are not vacuumed by com bldg then after many cleanings you may need to use hwe anyway if you dont use 100 glad pads on bldg.

If it is a one time cleaning to make it look better it does not matter.
my youtube channel

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2016, 09:52 AM)joel hoppe Wrote: A film forming encap will not come off as easy with vacuuming as a crystallizing encap

If the carpets are not vacuumed by com bldg then after many cleanings you may need to use hwe anyway if you dont use 100 glad pads on bldg.

If it is a one time cleaning to make it look better it does not matter.

Thanks Joel,
I wanted the grease hawg but still like a crystallizing encap. So I presprayed the spots with grease hawg  and encapped with HKE. It came out great. At the end I ran out of HNE and used GH for Encapping the last section and Wow, It seemed to work much faster. So I would have been fine either-way! Thanks!!!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Mark  check out the info from steve on the thread   high ph flaker for con in main forum. Using 2 encap products is not needed.
my youtube channel

Reply }}
Thanks given by: