Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vacaway order
Im getting ready to order some vacaway products. Can you guys give me some recommendation for which one to order.

Greasy/heavily soiled carpets?
Mild/Moderate soiled carpets?
Light soiled carpets?

Which one would be best or each situation and which are the ones you had a most success with?

Thank you for your help
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
This is what I use:

Heavily Soiled Residential:  Grease Hawg boosted with Detonator

Med Soiled Residential:  Encap Green boosted with Detonator

Lightly Soiled:  Encap Green

Deodorizer: Orange Scent from Steve....cant remember the name right now

Urine:  Encapacide with Detonator

I do not do restaurants but the one I did do....I used Hot Knife X-treme
Palmetto Carpet & Tile Cleaners
Facebook

OP machines (Trinity Beast, Profit, Oreck Orbiter, Stepson);  Strong Dry CRB 15" 
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-30-2016, 01:12 PM)Northstar Wrote: Im getting ready to order some vacaway products. Can you guys give me some recommendation for which one to order.

Greasy/heavily soiled carpets?
Mild/Moderate soiled carpets?
Light soiled carpets?

Which one would be best or each situation and which are the ones you had a most success with?

Thank you for your help

Part of the issue might be your preference for crystallizing vs film forming encap.  You might research the difference and see which way you prefer.  Grease Hawg is film forming and a little higher pH.  Used with  a boost of Detonator it is good stuff.  Hot Knife is a crystallizing encap, slightly less pH but still better that anything I've seen from the competition.  I usually boost it with Detonator or sometimes Peroxcellent (strawberry...nice).  IMO you have to have Spot and Boost on your truck.  You need Encap-A-Cide sooner or later you will have to deal with pet odor.  And finally you will need Steve's excellent line of spotters.  The real art of this business is learning how to remove spots and stains.  You want to becoming know as the guy who gets out stains the other HWE guys left.  All my opinion.  Dr. Joel Hoppe needs to weigh in.  He's a great go to guy.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Grease Hawg
Hot Knife X-treme
Encap Green
Peroxcellent

All Vacaway spotters

This should get you through most anything....
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-31-2016, 01:44 AM)thecleaningdude Wrote: Grease Hawg
Hot Knife X-treme
Encap Green
Peroxcellent

All Vacaway spotters

This should get you through most anything....

I believe vacaway still gives away sample packets of many of their products......All you have to do is pay for shipping...... I would advise getting this sample box and see which one you like better for the conditions you see the most.........Or, you could be just like everyone else, and realize that all of Steves products are top notch, and have multiple different products of his on your van.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Thank you for your help guys. Looks like Detonator as a booster is almost a must have on a truck.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Check out the spotting guide on the vacaway website and you can see what spotters you need.

I choose products with the least odor but they are not always the strongest or fastest to remove soil. I rely on heavy agitation instead of blasting fibers with high ph products.  Start with a small amount of products and test and then pick your favorite.

Encap green and detonator is what I use on most carpets and then I use spot & boost green  with a trigger sprayer for areas that are bad traffic areas.

Grease hawg and detonator would be for extreme bad carpet or tile cleaning.
The problem wihen you start out with a high ph product on carpet it will react to products the customer has left for months on carpet and you will get
a reaction in the form of the dye in fiber changing color. If you dont catch the spot and neutralize you can end up with a green or red spot on carpet.
If the carpet is trashed before you start most of the time it is not a big deal.
You can always use a trigger sprayer on bad pathways and encapgreen as your main prespray.
learning something new every minute Hands up Laughing
Carpet Cleaning Naples Florida
my youtube channel

[-] The following 4 users Like joel hoppe's post:
  • Derek, Derek, SC Cleaner, SC Cleaner
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Derek , SC Cleaner
(03-31-2016, 09:55 AM)joel hoppe Wrote: Check out the spotting guide on the vacaway website and you can see what spotters you need.

I choose products with the least odor but they are not always the strongest or fastest to remove soil. I rely on heavy agitation instead of blasting fibers with high ph products.  Start with a small amount of products and test and then pick your favorite.

Encap green and detonator is what I use on most carpets and then I use spot & boost green  with a trigger sprayer for areas that are bad traffic areas.

Grease hawg and detonator would be for extreme bad carpet or tile cleaning.
The problem wihen you start out with a high ph product on carpet it will react to products the customer has left for months on carpet and you will get
a reaction in the form of the dye in fiber changing color. If you dont catch the spot and neutralize you can end up with a green or red spot on carpet.
If the carpet is trashed before you start most of the time it is not a big deal.
You can always use a trigger sprayer on bad pathways and encapgreen as your main prespray.
I've seen that happen on cheap poly carpet in apartments. Carpet turns to a red/pink color. What do you use to nentralize the spot and will the spot turn back to the orginal color of the carpet
SteamWay TM - Trinity Freedom - Orbot SprayBorg - Challenger - Cyclo - Stepson - Oreck Orbiter - RX-20 - 15'' Strong CRB - 13'' 175/300 Hawk - Durrmaid Spot Extractor
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
You have to lower ph.....how much is the tough part.
A ph meter is the best way to get carpet back to 7ph without guessing.

First you need to learn what ph you carry every day in your spotting kit.....what would bring down 12 ph grease hawg mixed with 9 ph resolve---probably something with 3-5ph.
Depends on what you carry and you need to test your products to learn what they are.

I start with 7ph product and then move to a 5ph.
I have genies potion from trs that is 7ph
Lst encap at 5ph

If spot is not responding you can test a small area and
 Then you get into an acid mix------rust remover would be too strong but you could test it
You can make a product from citric powder and dilute  with water to get 3-4ph using a ph meter and leave it in a spray bottle.

And the results depend if dye damage is old-- under the black dirt sticking to residue or if your prespray just changed dye and how fast you get to it.
Sometimes you can not change the dye damage. You would have to have a dye kit and bleach area and re dye.

Taking a carpet class and a dye class would be the smart thing to do if you want to understand stain removal and how chemicals effect carpet fibers.
my youtube channel

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I forgot to mention encap green has a neutral  7 ph when diluted  and can be tested to see if it helps to lower ph when trying to neutralize a red or green dye change form high ph products. Thats why i use that for most of my carpets.
my youtube channel

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2016, 03:55 PM)joel hoppe Wrote: I forgot to mention encap green has a neutral  7 ph when diluted  and can be tested to see if it helps to lower ph when trying to neutralize a red or green dye change form high ph products. Thats why i use that for most of my carpets.

Thank You Joel for answering. I really appreciate all the help you give all cleaners that are not as good or smart as you are. Your always trying to help us.  I've learned a lot from reading your posts and watching your videos. I always feel like I should be sending you a check but I'm sure you will be happy with just a THANK YOU...............
SteamWay TM - Trinity Freedom - Orbot SprayBorg - Challenger - Cyclo - Stepson - Oreck Orbiter - RX-20 - 15'' Strong CRB - 13'' 175/300 Hawk - Durrmaid Spot Extractor
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Thank you George

I can not provide enough details like in a carpet class setting so i do not think anyone should charge for limited info given on forums or video.

I am happy to offer help for free. I have been given help by others through this forum and others and it has changed my business to be better and I profit
everyday because of using agitation and pads and bio based products.

The caution I always give is many cleaners need to learn some simple chemistry and fiber ID because of few posts about which products to use is just not enough.
my youtube channel

Reply }}
Thanks given by: