Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urine Contamination using Encap-A-Cide
puddle of urine, by the time i get to it tomorrow it should be nearly dry. do i pour a RTU gallon of Encap-A-Cide over the area, let dwell five min then extract with water claw? post pad? what steps do y'all recommend. this is in a hotel room with pad under the carpet unfortunately. i do not get into pulling carpet / cutting pad / sealing subfloor, so that is out of the question.

thanks in advance for any advice! thanks
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-31-2016, 10:30 PM)Derek Wrote: puddle of urine, by the time i get to it tomorrow it should be nearly dry. do i pour a RTU gallon of Encap-A-Cide over the area, let dwell five min then extract with water claw? post pad? what steps do y'all recommend. this is in a hotel room with pad under the carpet unfortunately. i do not get into pulling carpet / cutting pad / sealing subfloor, so that is out of the question.

thanks in advance for any adv
By RTU do you mean straight out of the jug sent to you or do you mean a gallon of diluted product at say 10 oz per gallon of water?  You should use diluted - and you certainly don't need a whole gallon for one puddle, unless it was put there by an elephant.  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, (and I know somebody will) but a diluted gallon should be able to cover an area about 2' by 3'.  Then let dwell, extract with waterclaw and padcap.  
At least that's how I do it.  Oh and I add in 10 oz of H2O2 to each gallon of mix too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Barry-QDCC's post:
  • Derek
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Derek
thanks for the reply Barry Good Job 

RTU is Ready To Use / already diluted. i used E-A-C @ 16 oz per gall on the 2 urine spots that i found with the black light....fortunately most of the urine contamination was contained in the mattress. poured it out of a bucket right onto the 2 areas, used about 1/4 of a gallon of the RTU E-A-C. extracted after 13 minutes dwell. encap-cleaned the rest of the room with E-A-C @ 4 oz. then post-padded with dry cottons the areas of urine contamination. set 1 of their fans up and done. 1 hour 45 min. took a little too long, but i was happy for my 1st try at HWE in over 10 years padding
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
What did you extract with Derek?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
http://www.cleanfreak.com/equipment/carp...chine.html

cheapest Sandia spotter on the internet (that i could find.) i bought the cheaper-version of the Waterclaw....brought it with me but then realized i need a separate hose for it. the Sandia's hose has the solution line inside of it so it won't work with the Claw   Big Grin     Bang Head  might have a 1.5" hose in the shed, at least i hope!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Derek's post:
  • saabtrash
Reply }}
Thanks given by: saabtrash
(06-01-2016, 06:49 PM)Derek Wrote: http://www.cleanfreak.com/equipment/carp...chine.html

cheapest Sandia spotter on the internet (that i could find.) i bought the cheaper-version of the Waterclaw....brought it with me but then realized i need a separate hose for it. the Sandia's hose has the solution line inside of it so it won't work with the Claw   Big Grin      Bang Head  might have a 1.5" hose in the shed, at least i hope!

What do you think about that cheaper version of the water claw?  Is it worth saving the few $?  I have the small spotter version and I want to buy a bigger one (medium size) for urine jobs. Using that small spotter claw is a PIA for a large area.  Those things are just like a CRB in my opinion - overpriced for what they are but they got you by the short hairs so your stuck paying the high price.

I got an email the other day from another company that is selling their version of the waterclaw. Of course now that I want to link it here I can't find the link.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Is it the Stain Out System one?  If it is it's well made and less than the water claw.
[-] The following 1 user Likes saabtrash's post:
  • Derek
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Derek
exactly Todd: https://stainoutsystem.com/product/sos-s...tion-tool/

like i said tho Barry, i haven't been able to try it until i can find a separate hose for it I'm sorry 

if Todd recommends it tho, it must be good!

the $200 "Pro" version is the ticket though...kinda wish i bought that now.

https://stainoutsystem.com/product/sos-pro-tool/

[-] The following 1 user Likes Derek's post:
  • Lounge Lizards
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Lounge Lizards
I played around with the pro version at ICE and it's very well made. If I ever break or lose my water claw that's what I'll be getting.
[-] The following 2 users Like saabtrash's post:
  • Derek, Lounge Lizards
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Derek , Lounge Lizards
YEP, that's the one!  It's good to hear what you guys think about it.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2016, 12:44 AM)Barry-QDCC Wrote:
(05-31-2016, 10:30 PM)Derek Wrote: puddle of urine, by the time i get to it tomorrow it should be nearly dry. do i pour a RTU gallon of Encap-A-Cide over the area, let dwell five min then extract with water claw? post pad? what steps do y'all recommend. this is in a hotel room with pad under the carpet unfortunately. i do not get into pulling carpet / cutting pad / sealing subfloor, so that is out of the question.

thanks in advance for any adv
By RTU do you mean straight out of the jug sent to you or do you mean a gallon of diluted product at say 10 oz per gallon of water?  You should use diluted - and you certainly don't need a whole gallon for one puddle, unless it was put there by an elephant.  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, (and I know somebody will) but a diluted gallon should be able to cover an area about 2' by 3'.  Then let dwell, extract with waterclaw and padcap.  
At least that's how I do it.  Oh and I add in 10 oz of H2O2 to each gallon of mix too.
10 Ozs of hp? What strength?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(11-21-2016, 12:38 PM) pid=\47653' Wrote:10 Ozs of hp?  What strength?

It took me a bit to figure out your code....hp=hydrogen peroxide=H2o2.             yes H2O2... i use H2o2 bought from a pool supply at 27.5% and cut 50% with water.  Equals 13.75% or a bit over 40volume if you measure strength that way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Barry-QDCC's post:
  • Lounge Lizards
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Lounge Lizards
(11-23-2016, 12:21 AM)Barry-QDCC Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 12:38 PM) pid=\47653' Wrote:10 Ozs of hp?  What strength?

It took me a bit to figure out your code....hp=hydrogen peroxide=H2o2.             yes H2O2... i use H2o2 bought from a pool supply at 27.5% and cut 50% with water.  Equals 13.75% or a bit over 40volume if you measure strength that way.
Nice! I buy it that way as well. Great money saver!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Bone Dry Carpet's post:
  • Barry-QDCC
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Barry-QDCC