The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Poll: What is your preference?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Peroxcellent just as it is (scent of strawberry/bubblegum).
44.12%
15 44.12%
No scent at all.
44.12%
15 44.12%
I really don't care either way.
11.76%
4 11.76%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peroxcellent ... Scented or Not?
(04-06-2011, 08:26 PM)dnny777 Wrote: Customer satisfaction Steve, maybe it's time to get a bigger garage Violin

Darn, I just raised my prices and now you want me to raise them a lot more?wow
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2011, 04:27 PM)CleaningGreen Wrote: As a "green" cleaner, I can't really use anything with too much of a scent. I love the cleaning power of Peroxcellent, but I don't use it very often due to the strong scent (only on empty rentals). My vote is overwhelmingly UNSCENTED. (I voted up top)

Amen! Just got my sample of Pero. It sure cleans great but that scent is pretty overpowering. I think I could only use this on empties at this point.

Steve, if you came out with an unscented version, would there be any harm in adding a tiny bit of tea tree or peppermint oil just to give it a slight fresh scent?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2011, 07:32 AM)CleanImage Wrote:
(04-06-2011, 04:27 PM)CleaningGreen Wrote: As a "green" cleaner, I can't really use anything with too much of a scent. I love the cleaning power of Peroxcellent, but I don't use it very often due to the strong scent (only on empty rentals). My vote is overwhelmingly UNSCENTED. (I voted up top)

Amen! Just got my sample of Pero. It sure cleans great but that scent is pretty overpowering. I think I could only use this on empties at this point.

Steve, if you came out with an unscented version, would there be any harm in adding a tiny bit of tea tree or peppermint oil just to give it a slight fresh scent?
Probably not, if you add it to the RTU and the tiny bit is truly a tiny bit.

I say "probably not" cuz without testing anything that is added, one can't be 100% sure. I'll leave the testing of foreign stuff to the individuals who want to add it though.Smile
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I haven't really ran into customers having scent issues. But I usually forget to ask if they're sensitive to odors, and I think in my area people are just expecting an odor when they have there carpets cleaned. But when I do use a 'green' product with no scent, everyone of my customers has said they like that. It just seems "fresh" in the house. So, I voted unscented, but I think I'd be happy with just less scent.
Brent

Keep it Clean, Keep it Longer.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I just do not buy people are having issues with the scent.

Not that many anyway.

Ricky G's stuff I get because it made people cough.

But bubble gum?

They can be lead into thinking one way or the other by the cleaner.

"Mr Funkburger, the product I use gives off a fesh scent...some say like bubble gum...others say like a rose... I just know it is natural and will not last long if you do or do not like it. However, it cleans like crazy and dries in an hour or so."

Period. Game over.

I do not get the drama.

I hate the way gas smells... but I need gas so I just get over it.

But bubble gum? Really?

Whatever.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2011, 01:30 PM)C Spot Stop Wrote: I just do not buy people are having issues with the scent.....Whatever.

Well I know that I cannot be in a room with a Glade Plug In. My mouth waters and my lips start to swell and tingle. The same thing happened to me sitting in a car with one of those tree air fresheners. What does the good Dr. C Spot Stop say about this condition?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2011, 01:30 PM)C Spot Stop Wrote: I just do not buy people are having issues with the scent.

Not that many anyway.

Ricky G's stuff I get because it made people cough.

But bubble gum?

They can be lead into thinking one way or the other by the cleaner.

"Mr Funkburger, the product I use gives off a fesh scent...some say like bubble gum...others say like a rose... I just know it is natural and will not last long if you do or do not like it. However, it cleans like crazy and dries in an hour or so."

Period. Game over.

I do not get the drama.

I hate the way gas smells... but I need gas so I just get over it.

But bubble gum? Really?

Whatever.

It is true; but a lot does depend a lot on your target market. The majority of my clients are eco-conscious and they are expecting little to no scent in my cleaning process. My dad's (who owns a non-green cleaning biz a few states away) clients could care less about artificial scents. Most of his clients actually want a smell. That's just a difference in the mindset of a 'green' client compared to a regular client.

In all honesty, when I'm selling my service over the phone to prospects; I'd say about 20% of the time, they ask me specially if my process leaves a scent behind. Leaving very little scent behind is a selling point for me, as with most companies that market a 'green' cleaning service.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
And you are in the cleaning business where NONE of those scent are ever found.

PigsFly

I see maybe 45 glade plug ins a week.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
It would be nice to have the two different ones on the van just in case.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2011, 01:46 PM)Marc Imbesi Wrote:
(04-09-2011, 01:30 PM)C Spot Stop Wrote: I just do not buy people are having issues with the scent.....Whatever.

Well I know that I cannot be in a room with a Glade Plug In. My mouth waters and my lips start to swell and tingle. The same thing happened to me sitting in a car with one of those tree air fresheners. What does the good Dr. C Spot Stop say about this condition?

That's funny. I hate those glade plug ins. Man those things stink if you ask me. First thing I do is unplug all those while I'm pre-vaccing. Shoot you
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Good Morning Dr Steve,
I am the wife of Stefan and I really wanted to reply to the scent of Peroxcellent. Both my sister-in-law and I had Stefan clean our carpets several times with this because of our pets and teenagers. It worked great! The only issue both of us had was the scent, but the bubble gum scent will not stop us from having Stefan used it again and again. Maybe it is because both of us are women, we perfer something with a "clean" scent. Not a scent to mask the odors like some products have, but a clean fresh scent not a real fruity scent. Don't laugh, but we do like a cirtus scent because it is not so sweet smelling afterward. Both of us like the scents in the products used to be the same or close so we don't have a different scent in each room or 2 scents mixed in 1 room. Thank you for making a cleaner that works so well for us!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2011, 08:22 AM)Stefan Boukinight Wrote: Good Morning Dr Steve,
I am the wife of Stefan and I really wanted to reply to the scent of Peroxcellent. Both my sister-in-law and I had Stefan clean our carpets several times with this because of our pets and teenagers. It worked great! The only issue both of us had was the scent, but the bubble gum scent will not stop us from having Stefan used it again and again. Maybe it is because both of us are women, we perfer something with a "clean" scent. Not a scent to mask the odors like some products have, but a clean fresh scent not a real fruity scent. Don't laugh, but we do like a cirtus scent because it is not so sweet smelling afterward. Both of us like the scents in the products used to be the same or close so we don't have a different scent in each room or 2 scents mixed in 1 room. Thank you for making a cleaner that works so well for us!

Thank you for you input... It is great to hear things from a woman's perspective.

FYI, the bubblegum scent was not chosen for the scent, but was chosen because that the ingredients of that particular scent actually increases the life of the peroxide within. If not for that fact, it would not of had a scent to begin with.

Our new formula looks very promising and has no scent, but there is still more testing to do before being able to make a switch. Our final testing results should be completed soon now that spring is here.

Thanks again!

Steve Smith
Reply }}
Thanks given by: