The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.25 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Hall with every cleaning!
You'd think after 22 years in the biz I'd have decisions/ideas/ways of doing things already figured out - but I don't.  I'd like to think I'm a flexible thinker rather than a person who can't make a decision.

I'm thinking raising my prices again - back to previous levels that  I had for awhile but lowered because I felt business was affected for whatever reasons - economy/cheapskate customers/etc.

This time I'm going to offer "FREE hallway with every cleaning".  (size restrictions will be in place) My minimum charge will do 3 rooms plus the free hallway. or maybe a smaller size bathroom if they don't have a hallway.

QUESTION for anyone who might have the same offer: If someone does NOT have a hallway or a bath to clean, would you discount an area the amount you'd normally charge for the hallway.  In other words, the  customer is only cleaning 4 rooms and has nothing else to clean so you'll discount the price of a hallway on the 4th room. OR do you say "sorry the free hall is just that...a free hall"

I'm leaning towards the "no discounting rooms"  policy.

What say you?
[-] The following 2 users Like Barry-QDCC's post:
  • Derek, SC Cleaner
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Derek , SC Cleaner
Don't discount if they don't have a hallway. Discounted add-on would be better, imo. Maybe offer another area at a discount, discounted protector or something along those lines. 

What size restrictions are you considering?
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Whenever I've given a free hall in the past I've always limited it to what I tell people is a "standard" width (3.5' to 4') hall up to 20' long. Which means  about 80sq/ft or less.  I charge $1 a linear foot for standard width halls.  So if the hall turns out to be 30' long ($30 value) and they are getting a free hall discount I'd only charge them $10 for the 30' hall.

I don't think I was clear in my original post about discounting if they don't have a hall to give them for free.  

Remember I was pondering raising my prices slightly and offering a free hall with every cleaning.  
Right now my minimum is $100 for 3 rooms.
My new minimum charge would be $120 for 3 rooms and the free hall.  
If they had 4 rooms and a free hall the charge would be $160.00.  

But if they don't have a hall and want to clean 4 rooms do I reduce the $160 to $140 (reducing the price by $20 for the hall they are NOT doing) ?

OR

do I still charge $160 and it's just tough luck that they don't have a hall to do for free?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
How about $30.00 per room and hallways $20.00 (if it's within your allowable size). $110.00 is a nice number, imo. This would save you from having to explains the 'terms' of your deal. Offer flat rate protector for traffic areas only at a discount.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
[-] The following 1 user Likes thecleaningdude's post:
  • SC Cleaner
Reply }}
Thanks given by: SC Cleaner
I've been offering this for years. Free hallway only. I have a 3 room minimum and charge a flat $45 per room. So $135 for 3 regular size rooms and a normal size hallway.
[-] The following 2 users Like kelbev's post:
  • SC Cleaner, thecleaningdude
Reply }}
Thanks given by: SC Cleaner , thecleaningdude