The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peroxycellent for HWE
I see in a thread below Steve mentions this as a good use for Peroxcellent. I can see it working well but possibly kind of expensive to do on a regular basis. Are there any particular situations where you find Peroxcellent a better performer than your standard concoctions?

Are any of you using Peroxcellent this way? How do you like it?

Thanks,
Steve

PS--We are primarily HWE but do use encap and padding for some jobs especially commercial.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Back when I worshiped the TM gods...

I would HWE and my 'spike' was h2o2 or, if after cleaning it looked like it needed something more, I spray down some h2o2 before I walked.

Both, IMO are cheaper ideas than Peroxcellent.

But for this: h202 goes bad rather fast so I would have to rebuy older jugs.

so...if I decide to bow at the foot of Boxxer 421 again, I would surely use Peroxcellent....

On that day, the clouds will open and blood will pour from the sky.

(too much?)

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Steve, I think HogBreath has used Peroxcellent with HWE... maybe he will give his opinion.

One of my testers (30 plus year HWE guy) said it worked great for him. However, he was only testing it; I know that he usually uses Intensity Red now.

Also Peroxcellent might be a bit foamy for some HWE guys. One other thing to consider is the fact that Peroxcellent does its best magic in the final stages of drying. If you extract it, it won't have a chance for that.
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I've used it for certain situations. One time a guy fell off his roof and cracked his head. Went inside and bled all over and then puked , passed out. Wife took him to the hospital then called me to clean. Preoxy ed the crap out of it. ( let dwell ) HWE everything came out with ease!

I think intense -it- Ee, would work better for general dirt cleaning. Peoxy for blody ness. Peeish, or pukeish ness.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Andy, did you have any foam issues when you used it for HWE?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Can Peroxcellent be used as HWE rinse? I would think the foam would be more of an issue there....but the after effects would still be there.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Yes, I use it quite a bit. As a cleaning agent with hwe, it is just ok ... nothing to jump around over. (I am sure it is better with OP, because of the scrubbing.) However, if you mix it with Intensity, it gets better. Even the combo is not quite as good on the wide variety of soils I get around here. The other day I had a job where the gas fireplace was not burning correctly and there was a ton of graphite looking film all over the place. I had some Intensity/Perox. mix already in my sprayer and used it. The black film just laughed at me. I had to bring out my regular HWE prespray and get it out.

However, Perox./Intensity mix is really good for the general purpose job where you have deodorization issues to deal with. I use it a lot in those situations.

Where I go through the most Peroxcellent is on urine jobs. I mix it heavy, like 50/50 and let it soak. This is the mix I use on blood, too. It will get out the yellow, or blood, and leaves behind a fresh scent.

So, to answer your question, as a general purpose HWE prespray, not so good.

As a special spotter ... it has a permanent place on my truck.

Your question was about HWE, but I simply MUST say that it is in the vlm world where it really shines. I have a daycare in a megachurch that I clean monthly. Perox./Intensity mix cuts the grime, takes out the funk, and deodorizes like no other vlm cleaner (even Hot Knife) that I have seen. However, when I get down to the fellowship hallway, by the kitchen, it won't cut the grease like Hot Knife will.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2011, 03:54 PM)Brian R Wrote: Can Peroxcellent be used as HWE rinse? I would think the foam would be more of an issue there....but the after effects would still be there.

Why would you want to?

It would be expensive used that way and probably way too foamy.

Also the amount of peroxide that actually reached the carpet would be such a small amount it would have virtually no stain removal or deodorizing qualities at such a high dilution.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
You can not use Perox. as a rinse agent. The bubbles gives you injection system heartburn.

By the way, I forgot to tell you, Steve, that I don't have foam problems with Perox ... not that I have noticed.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Ok, I misunderstood when you said it could be used with HWE. Oops.

Just as a prespray or a post pad...I get it.

Thanks
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Foam wans't an issue, after a good dwell the "fizz" dies down a bit. I've only used it at min dilution of 10 oz per gall. Hey Pig man, cut your dilution back , 50/50 is over kill, save money.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Have you tried putting a splash of liquid peroxide in intensity yet?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I have used it a few times as a spotter. And foam was a huge issue. Filled my mitey spotter with foam in seconds.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2011, 10:11 PM)kingjoelking Wrote: I have used it a few times as a spotter. And foam was a huge issue. Filled my mitey spotter with foam in seconds.

Yes, I would expect it to. It was designed to have high enough foam for a Cimex machine. Those that use a Cimex need to see some foam so they can tell how much solution they are putting down with their gravity fed system.

A spotter version could be designed, but as of now, I doubt there would be enough of a call for it to justify the idea.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
50/50 "may" actually be overkill ... all I know is 10 oz's per gallon is not strong enough for urine and blood stains, and I don't have time to play around with them. I'd rather pay a bit (very little bit) more on chemical costs and get the job done, than worry about pennies and spent time playing with mixture ratios.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I get what your saying, and it mkes good sence.

I've just found it to be effective (most of the time) at lower dilutions. But then again I hit all organic spots before I do anything, so they get lots of dwell by the time I get to em with the cleaning.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I do that too Andy.

I hit those spots heavy ...first.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Thanks you guys. Very helpful info. I'll probably stick to other O2 mixes for HWE and just use the Peroxyllent when padding or encapping.

Reply }}
Thanks given by: