Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet odor
Vapor steam can it remove pet odor from carpet or upholstery?

Thanks doug
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2017, 12:09 AM)oldman Wrote: Vapor steam can it remove pet odor from carpet or upholstery?

Thanks doug

Doug, in a word, NO.

First the urine salts must be neutralized.

Then the lot flushed out.

By added steam, (water), you effectively spread the urine salts.

Every time humidity gets high, such as rain, etc' the urine salts, (just like you table salt), absorbs moisture from the air & off-gases that oh-so familiar odor once more.

I use Peeradicator very successfully.

Hope this helps.

Angel
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lounge Lizards's post:
  • thecleaningdude
Reply }}
Thanks given by: thecleaningdude
As Shorty mentioned, the vapor will not. The key is attacking the urine. Pee Radicator, Encap-A-Cide, Peroxcellent, etc. are all great products at removing and even eliminating odor. 

Sub surface extraction and even pad extraction will work depending on product, process and severity.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2017, 03:19 AM)thecleaningdude Wrote: As Shorty mentioned, the vapor will not. The key is attacking the urine. Pee Radicator, Encap-A-Cide, Peroxcellent, etc. are all great products at removing and even eliminating odor. 

Sub surface extraction and even pad extraction will work depending on product, process and severity.

Good advice, thanks. I've got myself some Peroxcellent now.
The peter sacco review of provillus is a nice read.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
will be taking notes on this. I have a similar issue. My cat peed on the carpet flooring. it's hard to take off the odor
Reply }}
Thanks given by: