Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone use a Ford Transit for a work vehicle?
Currently using a small enclosed trailer and pulling it with a Ford Ranger.   I'm tired of pulling a trailer around and ready to go back to a van.  

1. The Ford Transit Connect (Nissan nv2000 etc) is too small I think.
  2. The Mercedes Benz Metris is a bit too pricey.
  3. I'm tthinking the Ford Transit  (short wheelbase/low roof)  is perhaps the best fit for me.

What advice does anyone have?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-24-2017, 12:43 AM)Barry-QDCC Wrote: Currently using a small enclosed trailer and pulling it with a Ford Ranger.   I'm tired of pulling a trailer around and ready to go back to a van.  

3. I'm tthinking the Ford Transit  (short wheelbase/low roof)  is perhaps the best fit for me.

Buy a used e150 ford low miles, you will be money ahead.
More room and I get 18mpg.
Plenty out their to buy 
Do not need a heavier truck since you are doing VLM
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-24-2017, 01:02 PM)oldman Wrote:
(05-24-2017, 12:43 AM)Barry-QDCC Wrote: Currently using a small enclosed trailer and pulling it with a Ford Ranger.   I'm tired of pulling a trailer around and ready to go back to a van.  

Buy a used e150 ford low miles, you will be money ahead.
More room and I get 18mpg.
Plenty out their to buy 
Do not need a heavier truck since you are doing VLM

Here in SoCal   a low mileage (If you can find a low mileage one) e150 is MAYBE a couple  thousand $ cheaper - and of course at least a couple years older. Both the e150 and the Transit (low roof/SWB) are about equal in cargo space.  MPG is within 2 MPG or so.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I'm using a Nissan NV200, it's been great so far.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-30-2017, 03:03 AM)thecleaningdude Wrote: I'm using a Nissan NV200, it's been great so far.

Would you be willing to post some pictures to show how you have it set up? Pretty please!!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2017, 12:43 AM)Barry-QDCC Wrote:
(05-30-2017, 03:03 AM)thecleaningdude Wrote: I'm using a Nissan NV200, it's been great so far.

Would you be willing to post some pictures to show how you have it set up? Pretty please!!

My previous van had a nice built in rack, etc. This one is very informal. I haul as many boxes as I do machines....

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Barry-QDCC
I've been looking at a Connect. LWB with rear windows, navy blue.

Looks like it could be a perfect size for a VLM company.

I really like the midsize Metris. For the difference in price i'd go with it if the quality is regular Mercedes. Should be an easy 15 year service vehicle???

Danny
shampooing my way across America, stopping in PrattVegas to git the pig poop out!!!
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Barry-QDCC , thecleaningdude
I drive a Connect. The older body style, a 2012. You have to make sure it's organized because every inch matters but I carry easily an Orbot Sprayborg, a 15" CRB, vacuum, Mytee Lite, about 40 bonnets, extension cords, 3 small air movers, about 15 gallons of chems, plus some other small odds and ends and I average 25.5 mpg.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Barry-QDCC , thecleaningdude
Between the Ram, Ford, Nissan and Mercedes there are a lot of options!

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I just bought a 2016 Ford Transit - Short Wheel base/low roof.  I'll post pictures when I have it all set up.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I have always liked chevy vans but after my 2007 1 ton had transmission problems at 40,000 miles and engine problems at 75,000 miles and the paint peeling off before van was 5 years old I went with the  Nissan van and  after 4 years now I have not had any problems except the back shocks started leaking some oil.

I  am glad i did not buy a transit. I rented one while my van was in for paint repair because some idiot mechanic at my tire shop dented bottom edge when lifting it........the transit was a midsize transit and they are really built with thin walls.... bad steering position bad seats just drove like it was made as cheap as possible but they cost the same as all the other brands.

Plus new recall that is a little late since the problem with drive shaft is years old.
https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-sett...afety-risk

going to watch how the mercedes small vans hold up after a few years they are the same price as the small ford transit  $25,000......seems like all of the auto makers vehicles have problems
learning something new every minute Hands up Laughing
Carpet Cleaning Naples Florida
my youtube channel

Reply }}
Thanks given by: