Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STUBBORN!!!! spot
I have an office I have cleaned many many times.   
PM company.  Rental office.  CGD-  so thin and crappy is is almost like hard surface. !! LOL

any way, using OP and bonnets (many kinds, Glads, John's Ironman,  woolpro microfiber etc. over a period of time.  also several different chems. All the good ones. 

The place does get used hard. Not very large.  They have a vacuum in the closet and supposedly? use it. LOL! Last there I cleaned the place as a courtesy, it was so bad I could not stand it.  
I pulled their vacuum  out of the closet. , Then spent 20 minutes unclogging it.  Tongue 

Anyway, all this is irrelavent. 

One large spot keeps coming back.  I have gotten personel with this one spot.  I can not ever totally get it removed.    Obvious resoilng . Often the reason I offer to clean for nothing.  It really gets my goat.!

Used Rick Gs method several times.  not wetting the spot, but just dragging  juice from adjacent areas.   
As a last resort , one time, tried a VDS on it as well. 

It cleans up, but I can still see the area of whatever is there, and sure enough next time in,  there it is again, big as life. 

Any ideas. ?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Some spots refuse to accept to be cleaned.

Try arogosheen great product
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure what VDS is?

One thing you could try is to treat it like a pet urine stain.  Pour an amount of your cleaner, step on it and work it in with your foot and waterclaw it out.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Barry, VDS = Volatile Dry Spotter , some call it Volatile Dry Solvent.

hatsoff
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Well , like I said, I have only VLM it so far using bonnets.

No pad, CGD , so claw would not really be the ticket , I don't think. 

I have wet it out, (when normal cleaning does not get it)  , using multiple pads soaking it  up. 

They swear it is an old coffee spill!! But I have cleaned it multiple times with appropriate stuff. 

Something is down there !  SOMETHING that refuses to give up!! Tongue  But it can't be too far down, as it is really thin stuff, no pad, on concrete.   Keeps re-soiling.  

wish I had a picture.  It is just a typical spill looking spot.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Use a "Poltice".
  1. Apply Spot-N-Boost using enough that it gets into the backing.
  2. Lay a thick layer of white paper towels over the area (An old DRY towel or pad can be used instead.)
  3. Place a heavy object on top of the towel/pad (heavy book can be used.)
  4. Allow to dry 100% on its own (can take a couple of days.)
Whatever is down there will slowly wick up into the poltice (towels) and you will be a HERO.  Smile
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-26-2017, 08:41 AM)rj 494 Wrote: Well , like I said, I have only VLM it so far using bonnets.

I have wet it out, (when normal cleaning does not get it)  , using multiple pads soaking it  up. 

They swear it is an old coffee spill!! But I have cleaned it multiple times with appropriate stuff. 

Something is down there !  SOMETHING that refuses to give up!! Tongue  But it can't be too far down, as it is really thin stuff, no pad, on concrete.   Keeps re-soiling.  

What is the appropriate stuff you used on the possible coffee stain?
After going low moisture on stain did you try going heavier with spotters?
Did you try to soak with spotter and leave overnight?
Have you tested with straight water on area to see if there is a ton of suds from other people cleaning spot?  Remove suds by misting your vds and padding but repeat several times-- without soaking carpet to avoid ruining glue and backing. Then apply encap to coat fibers.

I had an area that the owner kept cleaning after we were gone a few weeks then complained spot was coming back........once i explained over and over not to use spotters except encap spotters  spots stopped re appearing
Have you tested for the ph level on area?  If it is a very high ph lower ph on area with safe and soft plus a bleaching agent to help with stain.

Using a product to loosen plus a product to bleach at the same time may help.
problem b gone has both
or spot and boost and red vanish
red vanish is a oxygen reducer  ---- but an oxygen product like peroxide or powder oxidizer may work faster both bleach or clear stain on fiber
learning something new every minute Hands up Laughing
Carpet Cleaning Naples Florida
my youtube channel

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-26-2017, 11:01 PM)joel hoppe Wrote:
(05-26-2017, 08:41 AM)rj 494 Wrote: Well , like I said, I have only VLM it so far using bonnets.

What is the appropriate stuff you used on the possible coffee stain?
After going low moisture on stain did you try going heavier with spotters?
Did you try to soak with spotter and leave overnight?
Have you tested with straight water on area to see if there is a ton of suds from other people cleaning spot?  Remove suds by misting your vds and padding but repeat several times-- without soaking carpet to avoid ruining glue and backing. Then apply encap to coat fibers.

I had an area that the owner kept cleaning after we were gone a few weeks then complained spot was coming back........once i explained over and over not to use spotters except encap spotters  spots stopped re appearing
Have you tested for the ph level on area?  If it is a very high ph lower ph on area with safe and soft plus a bleaching agent to help with stain.

Using a product to loosen plus a product to bleach at the same time may help.
problem b gone has both
or spot and boost and red vanish
red vanish is a oxygen reducer  ---- but an oxygen product like peroxide or powder oxidizer may work faster both bleach or clear stain on fiber

thanks,  

it is not really a stain, but a resoiling issue in the one spot. There I go using the incorrect terminology!

As far as I know , I am the only one to clean this carpet, and I have only used VLM with bonnets. 

I have only used encap specific products.  Vacaway, bonnet pro etc.  
Most recently I used Omega. 

No , the whole place  is soiled.  But I know that the one I am tlaking about is not a new spot , but a reoccouring /resoiling of the same spot. 

A couple of times I have wet it out , using more product. When I do that I use multiple bonnets on that spot , standing on them to suck up the soil/soution.   I have used a solvent on the spot as well, but I am concerned about using that and having the glue fail. 

This a a small office.  They usually let me do it while they are open, so I do it OP/ bonnets. 

I may take a spotter in for that one spot next time.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Try using much stronger mix of any encap product so more polymer is on problem area.  Straight spot and boost green no machine just wipe by hand with pad
learning something new every minute Hands up Laughing
Carpet Cleaning Naples Florida
my youtube channel

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Well  to add to this :
I returned, maybe a moth or so after the most recent clean.  The spot , as I said was there still, or should I say had come back.  Again, not a stain, but definely a resoiling issue.  

So I did a freshen up clean .  Not the whole place.  Just worked  the area around that one spot.
About the size of a watermelon. 

I used Omega by Bonnet pro.   
I used Rick G's method of dealing with these spots.  (I had done so before as well) Not spraying directly on the spot, but dragging solution over it from adjoining areas.  

That did not do it.  So I tried spraying some h2O , just on the spot.   to boost the encap solution.
Again , dragging the encap over to it from adjoining areas. It helped a little, but not totallty.

so then sprayed/spritzed some VDS , just onto the spot, and lightly.  
The, whole time using bonnets . Back and forth over the spot.    It improved greatly.95%  But, I quit before it was gone totally. I could still see it. 

Checked back  a little over a week later and that spot was still in about the same condition as it was when I cleaned.  Maybe-- ever so slightly more noticeable.
But the rest of the place was already trashed!!!, and they did not care!!!
occupancy is 100%  The only concern.! till the DM raises H-- or they have company(bosses) visiting.   
 Then another fire to put out! lol
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Have you tried what Steve suggested.  It's an old trick that I've seen work wonders.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
No Wayne, I did not try that.  

I know of the method.
But, it is in an office, that is open daily, and quite busy.  Also the area is right in the middle of a traffic area. It would not be particularly practical in this case I don't think.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: