Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spotters in heat of summer
I was just wondering which VacAway spotters should not be left in the truck during summer heat, Reducers/Oxidizers? and which ones? Thanks!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-13-2017, 12:03 PM)mark63 Wrote: I was just wondering which VacAway spotters should not be left in the truck during summer heat, Reducers/Oxidizers? and which ones? Thanks!

All is well except for any product that contains Peroxide such as Peroxicellent, Detonator, Urine Eraser, Problem-B-Gone.  Heat will cause any peroxide based product, no matter the brand, to release some of its oxygen and lose some of its effectiveness.   Best to store them in a cool place.
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Heat accelerates most reducers but it's safer to say to keep the products sealed and away from heat. Better to store it than leave it on truck parts and accessories exposed to heat, especially if you're not using it.

I've read that some manufacturers of stain removal products that contain bleaches usually package their products in powder form to help in slowing down the deterioration. Not sure if I'm correct but should hydrogen peroxide be stored in tightly capped, dark bottles away from heat?
Reply }}
Thanks given by: