Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This site is closing very soon.
More and more folks are using Facebook and other social media for discussions about carpet cleaning.  So, due to the shift to social media, the lack of activity here, and the cost to maintain this site, it will be closing very soon.  

Many thanks for all of your past participation and I wish all of you the very best.

Steve Smith
P.S.  As to a social media site for carpet cleaning, my recommendation is PADLIFE.
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Derek
I'm very sorry to hear that but it's not unexpected.  I know things change but this is a very important knowledge base we are losing when this site goes.  When I decided to start use encapsulation in my cleaning this was one of the sites that really helped answer my question, even with me having nearly 20 years of experience at that time.   Facebook is not the same thing as sites like this.

I'll miss this place.

I was a member of Padlife but I deleted myself due to some things that were going on between a few people. Me being one of them. So no place for me there.  And Mikey's Board is overwhelmingly anti-encapsulation.
Reply }}
Sad to hear. I joined the board towards the end but as a new carpet cleaner I went through almost every old thread and have learned a ton from this board. It's still a great resource even though it's not active.
Reply }}
(10-12-2017, 12:33 AM)Barry-QDCC Wrote: I'm very sorry to hear that but it's not unexpected.  I know things change but this is a very important knowledge base we are losing when this site goes.  When I decided to start use encapsulation in my cleaning this was one of the sites that really helped answer my question, even with me having nearly 20 years of experience at that time.   Facebook is not the same thing as sites like this.

I'll miss this place.

I was a member of Padlife but I deleted myself due to some things that were going on between a few people. Me being one of them. So no place for me there.  And Mikey's Board is overwhelmingly anti-encapsulation.

Barry, the member you and others had an issue with was banned quite sometime back (in fact, he's in the can now). While it isn't a perfect group, it's certainly better than most and a good source for sharing information related to VLM. I encourage you to return.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
My personal hope is that nostickyresidue will continue as a 'read only' archive and not be deleted. This has been a great resource for VLM'ers over the years.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
I tried finding padlife on facebook, couldn't find it I typed in a few phrases.with that name.
Is there a link?
Sad this is going...a read only site would be nice.

Thanks
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2017, 09:47 AM)perry Wrote: I tried finding padlife on facebook, couldn't find it I typed in a few phrases.with that name.
Is there a link?
Sad this is going...a read only site would be nice.

Thanks

Just click here ---> PADLIFE.
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}