The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SFS class
I was just curious if the class is geared only for CC'er or is the marketing for any business.

Not even sure why I want to know. Kinda like Con needed the size of piss spots...

....but it is a sincere question.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
It is geared toward carpet cleaning for sure... However the marketing principles can work for many service businesses.Smile
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
certainly any & every service biz wold be helped. Even dentist & lawyers could learn some things too. I suggest that 60 % of the class is geared to CC & 40 to restoration.

clarify your Q more for more in depth thoughts

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Nope. That was deep enough.

I get the gist based on those two replies.

Often, I kinda do it the way I want to. Smile
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2011, 04:41 PM)C Spot Stop Wrote: Nope. That was deep enough.

I get the gist based on those two replies.

Often, I kinda do it the way I want to. Smile

As a former 7 year employee with JonDon I can attest to the fact that it will work for pretty much any service type company, highly recommended.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
uh oh... now I have to be on even better behavior!!

one arm, as a 7 yr former employee.... did you ever listen in enough in the classes or are you taking the class as a departing gift? Are you still buying from J-D o is it anyone but JD now for you?

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2011, 08:12 PM)Con Schultz Wrote: uh oh... now I have to be on even better behavior!!

one arm, as a 7 yr former employee.... did you ever listen in enough in the classes or are you taking the class as a departing gift? Are you still buying from J-D o is it anyone but JD now for you?

Con

I havent been there since 2005. I took the class 4 times, all in the corporate headquarters in Roselle, IL. 3 of the 4 times I flew in over 20 companies to take the class and I was their top truckmount sales manager for all 7 years. No hard feelings with Jon Don, I just decided a few years ago I wanted to do my own thing again, so I resigned. They are probably the best supplier in my opinion in the industry, only second to Steve here with Vacaway - Customer service is key and they deliver.

Oh and by the way, the name is THE ARMED JANITOR, not one arm, as in I carry my weapon on my person, have a good onethanks
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
interesting history 2 arms, 1 gun. (LOL)

I'll assume that SFS is making a difference in how you did your startup & ongoing operations.

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2011, 11:08 PM)Con Schultz Wrote: interesting history 2 arms, 1 gun. (LOL)

I'll assume that SFS is making a difference in how you did your startup & ongoing operations.

Con

Some things yes, others no. I do have plans to order "The Next 30 days", it was being written and implemented as I was leaving. I hear its pretty good, always good to have industry related marketing info, you can always learn new things.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Personally, I wouldn't recommend SFS for anyone outside the CC business. It's hard enough to take in everything they try to cram into a one week class as it is, but if you are trying to take it all in AND apply it to another service business it would be almost impossible for the average guy to do.

As I see it, SFS wastes a good bit of time on the rah-rah of employee training and hand holding and not enough time on accounting ratios and financial management.

And the marketing day is a TOTAL waste of time.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Phi I've been to SFS twice and it's an awesome program I would recommend attending to everyone. Well except you Phil. Tongue

Seriously Phil check this book out it has a lot of similarities and I think you'll really like it. http://www.famee.org/small-business-mark...kbook.html

While it no way compares to spending a week with Steve, Chuck, and Bill it might fill the gap for what you looking for.

You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I would simply hate being 1 full day in a room full of carpet cleaners. Much less an entire week.

Richard how did you learn of the book/link the posted?

I will study it later tonight... I am going to sign up for reading classes.

Smile
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
The author Steve Clinkenbeard lives here in Topeka. I bought the hard cover and read it. It's a really good book!

You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2011, 10:13 AM)Richardc Wrote: The author Steve Clinkenbeard lives here in Topeka. I bought the hard cover and read it. It's a really good book!

I am all over it then.

Thanks!

Reply }}
Thanks given by: