Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dual process...faster???
So I've been playing with this CRB here the last while. And, although we've been REALLY slow with carpets till lately. From what little I've been using the machine, I've been covering more ft2 in a shorter time. Today, I did an empty apartment for a regular custy, (all apartments same size and layout). It usually takes about 1 1/2 hrs to do the 650ft2. Today, (first time I used the CRB in these apartments) I was done in 1 hr. Todays job was $170 an hour. Usual process (before CRB) is:
-vacuum
-pre-spray
-OP
-post vac
And spot when necessary

today
-vacuum
-pre-spray
-CRB w/ renovator trays
-OP
-post vac.

Just wondering if anyone else is getting quicker cleaning times using the CRB? I always read about people trying to figure out what to charge for using dual process cleaning. But I'm getting jobs done quicker, and better using the CRB.
Brent

Keep it Clean, Keep it Longer.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2011, 05:02 PM)Brent Wrote: So I've been playing with this CRB here the last while. And, although we've been REALLY slow with carpets till lately. From what little I've been using the machine, I've been covering more ft2 in a shorter time. Today, I did an empty apartment for a regular custy, (all apartments same size and layout). It usually takes about 1 1/2 hrs to do the 650ft2. Today, (first time I used the CRB in these apartments) I was done in 1 hr. Todays job was $170 an hour. Usual process (before CRB) is:
-vacuum
-pre-spray
-OP
-post vac
And spot when necessary

today
-vacuum
-pre-spray
-CRB w/ renovator trays
-OP
-post vac.

Just wondering if anyone else is getting quicker cleaning times using the CRB? I always read about people trying to figure out what to charge for using dual process cleaning. But I'm getting jobs done quicker, and better using the CRB.

Brent,
I use a CRB in combination with the Orbot for two reasons. A thorough deep cleaning and so the customer knows they are getting a bang for their buck. Yes it takes longer but the results are great and my customers are happy.
Danny Guerra
All Green Floor & Carpet Care
Carpet Cleaning Palmdale Ca
http://www.allgreencare.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/allgreencare

“Optimists are those who go after Moby dick in a row boat with a bucket of tarter sauce.” Zig Ziglar

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I use different methods pertaining to what I find on the job.

In a retirement home apartment I 'll use my 300rpm buffer and tuway and then groom it with my CRB.

Then if I go to a low traffic area hallway I'll just use the CRB.
These are maintained by housekeep who vacuum on schedule.

And in lobby areas I'll prevacuum with my 18 inch hoover conquest and either run the CRB or the 300 rpm buffer with tuways.

So depending on the job I'll adapt to what I see.
Or what I think will provide a better APPEARANCE level.

After all these are interium maint. APPEARANCE cleaning and not restorative.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
The thing I've been finding is that my jobs are getting done quicker. I've been using the CRB first to scrub in the pre-spray and get all the deeply embedded crap out. I think doing that I don't have to do as many passes with the Orbot. I also started keeping about 18lbs of weight on the machine so that may have something to do with it as well. Because Orbots don't have the weight on the pad that other machines do. I guess maybe adding these 2 things at the same time (CRB and weights) is probably why things are going quicker. Kinda makes sense now that I'm typing it out. LOL Blush
Brent

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Did you hack together your 18 pounds of weight on it? or did you buy part of a weight kit?

Just wondering..

Rick
Quality means doing it right when no one is looking...

Henry Ford
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I think I am the only one who caught on to the fact that you were saying you actually got FASTER cleaning times by adding that extra step.

Or, everybody else figured you were crazy too, and just ignored you.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Not quite a hack set of weights. I make things I can, not buy 'em. I was a welder/fabricator for 8 years before starting my cleaning company. I keep 4 weights on all the time (17.6lbs), and have 6 more totaling 44 lbs for when I do VCT floors.

I'm worried now. Mr. Piggy was the only one that understood me. What's that say about me? awwwman

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Brent

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
The weights look good........but I do have concerns that only Baconbits understood you. Yikes

dance
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Good Job On the weights. Looks like you bought them.
Nick
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Con is gonna wanna know what size they are...in Canadian inches or wtf ever it is those guys use to measure stuff.

Multimeters? Centidpeds...some crap like that.

so get get your tool and be ready.

Oh...and translate pounds into stone for him.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Well Before Brian can jump in here and spend three months analysing if it is the 17.6 pounds or if it should be 17.2 lbs to be more professional I will put in my two cents. The weights don't have any hose to hook up to the outside faucet? Wouldn't that work better?

PS the weights look great.

Have you rigged up a sprayer to spray at the same time as you are CRB ing? Aren't different toys fun. I think Richard C has the most toys...

PPS
I think Brian might have some ideas on how to rig a sprayer onto your CRB.

Brian?? Oh wait he is still basking in the glory of his Peroxi Stain guard. He now has an idea that worked that he can call his own..

Momma don't let your boys grow up to be Lawyers...
or carpet cleaners....

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking...

Henry Ford
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Quote:The weights don't have any hose to hook up to the outside faucet? Wouldn't that work better?

THAT was funny.

No, really.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Quote:I think Richard C has the most toys...
Whatcha talkin bout Willis?

I'm not much for toys, if I own it it better be making me some money!
Big Grin

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
did you just use the word 'it' twice in a row?

Quote:I'm not much for toys, if I own it it better be making me some money!

Do you do that in Spanish too too?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I think I used it three times but was allowed to delete one of them. Blush

You need to stay away from Jimmy and Marty I think it's rubbing off! Tongue

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
You may be be right.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
You're not crazy Brent. I've been doing it that way though with a Host machine instead of the ones with trays for a couple years not. In my experience it's FASTER on trashed carpet with the extra step, the more trashed it is the more time you save by taking the extra step. It is slower on the carpets that aren't bad at all for basically obvious reasons.

I quit posting about my experiences with CRB's because people were making fun of me. Good Job
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I use my CRB time to time on those little used areas that just need a visual upgrade.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Quote:I quit posting about my experiences with CRB's because people were making fun of me.

Dude...

try going from OP to TM to porty to 175 and see what happens.

The one tool I still want to try is a CRB. It may be the magic bullet that keeps me from bailing out of CC'ing.

But then I'd have to say OP-TM-porty-175-CRB

Next week, I try a wetvac and a car buffer.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
What's this thread about? How do I get dragged into these things.
A water hose right to the Orbot Would be awesome! Hands up Laughing

The only dual process I've used is either porty or TM then post padding aftewards.

It makes some carpets quicker.

Reply }}
Thanks given by: