Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
peroexcellent and odor
let me start this by saying i have no sence of smell so my comments are based on what my employee has told me. Has anyone had any experiene with the peroxide causing a noticable smell or odor when using. my tech has told me of a couple times first he used it on some urine spots. Said when he first sprayed it it smelled horrible like urnine. Now i know this is could be initially from getting the urine wet, but i guess it lasted for a good day or so. Now he probably got the spots so saturated with the product and it smelled until it was dry. So is this normal and im going to have to warn customer things may smell worse before they get better. The next thing is he had done some areas in his own home with peroxcellent. A few days later he cleaned the same room using encap green. He said it smell really weird almost like someone getting a perm. Did he reactivate the peroxide by getting it wet again and this odor is simply the peroxide working?? he says the peroxcellent itself does not smell when using it but has noticed this odor a couple times now when cleaning??
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Yes. I always tell the custy this is gonna stink up the urine....

and it does last for a day or so if there is bookoo urine.

I am not soaking the place either but the top spot is large.

smaller spots do not last as long.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I don't do much residential low moisture cleaning, but if I did, I don't think Perox. would be my go to cleaner. It would be my special occasion product. I have a day care I clean using OP monthly and Perox. works GREAT on it. Lots of juice and coffee and cola spills and such. It gets those out better than anything else, so far. Smell is sorta funky, but nobody has mentioned it yet. Never listen to a technician. Pay attention to the women customers.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
To add to the above comments.

1. Peroxcllent does have a scent... It is a light strawberry. Some have described it as a bubblegum scent.

2. There is no such thing as reactivating the peroxide in Peroxcellent. Once peroxide, in any product, has completely dried it is 100% gone forever.

Peroxide is simply water with an extra atom of oxygen. Water is H2O and evaporates with virtually no residue. Peroxide is H2O2 and releases the extra oxygen before or during evaporation and leaves virtually no residue.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
And who picks these SCENTS?

Do you poll women about what they think smells better?

You do know womens have better smell organs and they know if it smells good.

I always thought an orange or lemon, citrus is the goto scent for clean.

Strawberry,cherry and BenGay TEa tREE OIl does not say clean .

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(09-25-2010, 04:39 PM)Jimmy Wrote: And who picks these SCENTS?

Do you poll women about what they think smells better?

You do know womens have better smell organs and they know if it smells good.

I always thought an orange or lemon, citrus is the goto scent for clean.

Strawberry,cherry and BenGay TEa tREE OIl does not say clean .

There is method to our madness Jimbo!Wink

Strawberry wasn't chosen based on scent alone. Testing showed the particular strawberry product actually extends the life of peroxide. Else we would not have had any scent cuz the other tested scents, including orange and lemon, degraded peroxide.

You have to understand that different scents can have much, much different ingredients from each other and peroxide formulas are very touchy.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Makes sense Steve and I've tried a couple other peroxide formulas and neither one crystalized like yours.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Jimmy approved...

Now there is an ad for CleanFax worth paying forExclamation
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I have come to never doubt any Vacaway product....especailly how it's made. Steve has proven throughout the years, you can trust that he has tested, tested and tested even more. He's the "chemist", I am the floor cleaner.....cu cu ca chooo....
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(09-25-2010, 12:40 PM)joelhall Wrote: let me start this by saying i have no sence of smell so my comments are based on what my employee has told me. Has anyone had any experiene with the peroxide causing a noticable smell or odor when using. my tech has told me of a couple times first he used it on some urine spots. Said when he first sprayed it it smelled horrible like urnine. Now i know this is could be initially from getting the urine wet, but i guess it lasted for a good day or so. Now he probably got the spots so saturated with the product and it smelled until it was dry. So is this normal and im going to have to warn customer things may smell worse before they get better. The next thing is he had done some areas in his own home with peroxcellent. A few days later he cleaned the same room using encap green. He said it smell really weird almost like someone getting a perm. Did he reactivate the peroxide by getting it wet again and this odor is simply the peroxide working?? he says the peroxcellent itself does not smell when using it but has noticed this odor a couple times now when cleaning??

I've noticed this odor before using peroxide boosted HWE pres-pray. It can be pretty intense for the first little while until you rinse it out (aka stop the reaction). Since the reaction probably continues for a longer period of time with peroxellent, it would smell for a while. I would think that it is still a great choice. Peroxide is an effective remover of yellow stains and a natural disinfectant.

If you spill 40 vol peroxide on your hand, besides stinging, your hand will smell kind of funky for a while.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2010, 05:15 PM)Walt Wrote:
(09-25-2010, 12:40 PM)joelhall Wrote: let me start this by saying i have no sence of smell so my comments are based on what my employee has told me. Has anyone had any experiene with the peroxide causing a noticable smell or odor when using. my tech has told me of a couple times first he used it on some urine spots. Said when he first sprayed it it smelled horrible like urnine. Now i know this is could be initially from getting the urine wet, but i guess it lasted for a good day or so. Now he probably got the spots so saturated with the product and it smelled until it was dry. So is this normal and im going to have to warn customer things may smell worse before they get better. The next thing is he had done some areas in his own home with peroxcellent. A few days later he cleaned the same room using encap green. He said it smell really weird almost like someone getting a perm. Did he reactivate the peroxide by getting it wet again and this odor is simply the peroxide working?? he says the peroxcellent itself does not smell when using it but has noticed this odor a couple times now when cleaning??

I've noticed this odor before using peroxide boosted HWE pres-pray. It can be pretty intense for the first little while until you rinse it out (aka stop the reaction). Since the reaction probably continues for a longer period of time with peroxellent, it would smell for a while. I would think that it is still a great choice. Peroxide is an effective remover of yellow stains and a natural disinfectant.

If you spill 40 vol peroxide on your hand, besides stinging, your hand will smell kind of funky for a while.

When we used peroxide based cleaners to get rid of odor it turns the odor to oxygen then it off gasses that is why you will notice that when you first spray it down it will intensify the smell right away. For instance the anti allergen deodorizer from masterblend is an oxidizer deodorizer. It has no smell because it is for allergy sensitive people so if you use it to take care of urine you will notice that it will be very intense for a period of time but them damper off. The reason the peroxcellant and other peroxcide based cleaners may smell slightly funky after is the masking agent and urine smell combining.
Andy Kramer
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Maybe Steve shud make Peroxcellent just smell like urine.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: