Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are you from?
Originally?

Why are you where you are now if not there?

Me... Fremont, CA.

Love adventure so now I'm here in Dallas, TX on a whim.

You?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Origionally from Fresno/Visalia are but lived the rest of my older life in Salinas,Ca.

Currently waiting (am over it btw) in line at Disneyland and California Adventures? Can't wait to get back home.....
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Grew up in S. Illinois just across the river from Paducah, Ky.

Lived in Nevada for over 18 years, New Jersey over 4 years, Tennessee over 20 years.

My heart will always be in Nevada... I hope to return there, someday, to live out my last years.
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
That makes you about 137 right?

Tongue
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
From the prairie of Saskatchewan Canada but delighted to move to Alberta when was a whopping 10 years old. Terrain similar to Denver Colorado, a little more than an hour to the Rocky Mountains & my beloved trout!

We are in Chinook Alley which means we get winds of up to 60 - 70 MPH somewhat regularly. maybe 8 days per year & I think about 200 days have wind of more than 10 MPH.

Dry here, average humidity is 35%, a hot day is 100F & cold would be 20F

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I was born in Connecticut and for the past 18 years I'm in sunny Florida. The Tampa Bay Area.dance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-17-2011, 11:42 PM)Con Schultz Wrote: From the prairie of Saskatchewan Canada but delighted to move to Alberta when was a whopping 10 years old. Terrain similar to Denver Colorado, a little more than an hour to the Rocky Mountains & my beloved trout!

We are in Chinook Alley which means we get winds of up to 60 - 70 MPH somewhat regularly. maybe 8 days per year & I think about 200 days have wind of more than 10 MPH.

Dry here, average humidity is 35%, a hot day is 100F & cold would be 20F

Con

I love your humidity and temp range Con... Kind of idea for me. Also love the Denver like terrain. The wind I can do without, but it sounds like an overall great place to live!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Topeka, I have moved 6-times in my life but never out of Shawnee county. Big Grin
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Southern NJ (Blackwood, Clementon, Sewell, Woodbury Heights) for most of my 43 yrs, South Philly for 2 and now 1 yr in Phoenix, AZ....I moved to be with Barb. My career was easier to restart, plus she has the climate. With that said, I do miss the culture and history of Philly, gaming and beach in Atlantic City and the people of South Jersey. Plus NY, Baltimore, DC all within 2, 2.5hr drive. Lots to do in that area. Here, its sit by the pool and watch the newts do pushups...oooh yay!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Born and bred in Arizona.

2 hours to pine trees and big mountains. 1 hour from plenty of lakes, 5 hours from the beach in San Diego, 3 hours to beach in Rocky Point, Mexico.(but i wont go to border Mexico any more)
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
oh... forgot to mention the roughly 38 - 44% income tax here

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-18-2011, 01:35 PM)Con Schultz Wrote: oh... forgot to mention the roughly 38 - 44% income tax here

Con

Yikes So Obama used to be president there too?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
From the 'Valley' (big, big suburb of L.A.) and now in Vegas. Moved here for school, been here almost 10 years now.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I Need to move back to CA...Shhh, don't tell anyone.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Quote:oh... forgot to mention the roughly 38 - 44% income tax here
Yikes

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
St Paul Minnesota
For 6 years growing up in Park Rapids Mn. 30 miles from where the Mississippi River is just a creekShy
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Born and raised in Gary, Indiana back when it was a booming steel town; now in Valparaiso, Indiana which is part suburban, part rural small city about 20 minutes from Lake Michigan beaches, one hour+ (depending on traffic) from Chicago. Love the excitement, diverse cultural, recreational, and entertainment opportunities of that great city. Aside from a few awful hot and humid days in the summer like today and a few bitter cold days in the winter we love it here and can't imagine leaving.

Larry Galler
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Bears or Colts fan? Big Grin

I love Chicago, so much to see and do, but I hate the traffic.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
My father took me to my first Bears game when I was 8 or 9 (The Bears played at Wrigley Field then, well before the Colts moved from Baltimore). Been a Bears fan ever since and always think of myself as living in a suburb of Chicago. My grandparents lived in Chicago so, as a kid we were always driving there and it stuck. The traffic isn't bad when we go into the city as we usually go against rush hour traffic and we use alternative routes to escape the worst of it when it is really bad though once in a while we do get stuck. The worst is getting to the airports since you never know what the traffic is going to be like so we have to budget plenty of time which means sitting at the airport an extra hour or so, but I came very close to missing a flight in January.

Larry
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I've been a Bears fan since the 70's.

I got stuck at O'Hare after a thunder storm several years back. The storm was over by the time I got there but they just wipped the whole slate clean rather than deal with the delays.

I got there at 5:30 for a 6:00 flight and I didn't catch a plane out until 5:00 am the next morning.

And that was only because I got on with a frequent flyer from KC or it would have been 8:00 AM.

A few years after that we had to wait on the tarmac for 30-minutes after a storm had backed up traffic in Cleveland. Sad

Last year I was on my way back from Nashville and was delayed 5-minutes waiting for a passenger to board. I get to O'Hare and rush to my concourse and made it on time but they had already planned on me missing it and had closed the doors and booked me on the next flight......2-hours later. Yikes

The nice airline lady said "see Mr Chavez now you can take your time don't have to rush around and you can have dinner before your flight. Bang Head

I could see my plane on the tarmac. Why did they allow a passenger on in Nashville but then not allow me on my plane in Chicago?

Not all my flights in or out of O'Hare have been a problem but enough to make me leary of routing through there.
Big Grin

Reply }}
Thanks given by: