The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.25 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/printthread.php 16 require_once

Forum Index
Thin skined? - Printable Version

+- Forum Index (http://nostickyresidue.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Cleaning (http://nostickyresidue.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Paul Demers Discussion Room (http://nostickyresidue.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Thin skined? (/showthread.php?tid=2498)

Pages: 1 2

Thin skined? - Andy Mc - 08-17-2013

Seems a few , maybe more then a few guys here are getting bent out of shape by some posts I've made.

I doubt you'll find any personal attacks , or demeaning any one for being an OP cleaner, (unless something that was said in good humor,

So you people (you know who you are) either need to get a sense of humor, or need to understand that not every one bows down to the VLM is king mentality.

If you guys don't want to hear from me, I say start a poll, and If I get voted off, so be it. Come on do it!! It will be fun, I promise not to wine or cry if I get voted out.

But if I get voted to stay, quite being a bunch of crying wimps, and conduct your selfs like grown men.

Re: Thin skined? - Lefty724 - 08-18-2013

I'll go first.....I vote him gone!!!

I'm tired of all the vlm hate and hate that he went from "padden mcfadden" to "steamin mcfadden"!

J/k, I like Andy and have probably learned more from him then any other member on any forum! The horse trading is awesome too!

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

RE: Thin skined? - Andy Mc - 08-18-2013

Come on set up the poll , you thin skinned wimps.

THanks Lefty, I'll give you 10 percent off on the next horse trade. I knew there was at least one real man around here. lol

Re: RE: Thin skined? - Lefty724 - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 12:18 AM)Andy Mc Wrote: Come on set up the poll , you thin skinned wimps.

THanks Lefty, I'll give you 10 percent off on the next horse trade. I knew there was at least one real man around here. lol

Cool, I'll take your crb (once you get it)!

RE: Thin skined? - thecleaningdude - 08-18-2013

Andy,

I don't think anyone is hot and bothered over this except maybe you.

This is an encap product sponsored board. As a result most of the guys here encap and/or padcap. Some do this plus HWE. Many here are looking to better the VLM portion of their business, nothing more.

You used to VLM exclusively. You switched it up and now you mostly HWE. I, and most likely everyone else, totally gets it. You're happy with what you're doing and that's great.

You love HWE and you're letting us know. In turn you're going to hear from guys that love VLM.

This is a pretty happy, mellow place Smile

(08-17-2013, 11:23 PM)Andy Mc Wrote: Seems a few , maybe more then a few guys here are getting bent out of shape by some posts I've made.

I doubt you'll find any personal attacks , or demeaning any one for being an OP cleaner, (unless something that was said in good humor,

So you people (you know who you are) either need to get a sense of humor, or need to understand that not every one bows down to the VLM is king mentality.

If you guys don't want to hear from me, I say start a poll, and If I get voted off, so be it. Come on do it!! It will be fun, I promise not to wine or cry if I get voted out.

But if I get voted to stay, quite being a bunch of crying wimps, and conduct your selfs like grown men.

RE: Thin skined? - Mardie VanBree - 08-18-2013

agreed with Damon

D, why must you always be the voice of reason?

I still say we vote him off the island! LOL!

RE: Thin skined? - thecleaningdude - 08-18-2013

Thanks, E.

I know he's having fun, but I really do think this is the most easy going board around. Maybe not a lot of posts per day, but the posts this board does get, along with the quality of participants (including Andy!), is very good, imo.

This is especially true given that this is a niche board.

Andy wrote:

not every one bows down to the VLM is king mentality.

Honestly, I don't think anyone on this board thinks this way.

Not me (that's for sure), not Con Schultz, not Derek, not Scott, not E, not Daryl, not Tyler, not Mardie, not Dustin (that's also for sure), etc.

This list could go on and on. In fact, I don't think he would find much resistance on any of the VLM niche boards.

People post on this board because they're trying to evolve as cleaners and hone their craft. Nobody, regardless of method, wants to hear that what they do is 'inferior' (explicit or implied). This is how we put food on the table, keep a roof above our heads and provide for our families. Everyone who is genuinely trying to do a good job will naturally take pride in their work and this is why you get a perceived defensive reaction.

I don't think Andy is saying that what we do is inferior. He doesn't say that at all. But come on, is there anybody here that isn't familiar HWE and TM's? Are we seriously not aware of the differences, the good, the bad and the ugly? This is especially the case here given the fact that there are no noobs to speak of.

It is in many instances by choice that we are VLM cleaners and that's what we're here to talk about.

Clean, collect and be happy!

padding

(08-18-2013, 02:01 AM)Lefty724 Wrote: D, why must you always be the voice of reason?

I still say we vote him off the island! LOL!

RE: Thin skined? - Shortydownunder - 08-18-2013

Personally, I couldn't care less what system anyone uses.

If they are happy and their customers are happy, what's the problem??

I'm 99% VLM, but still have a porty and other extraction machinery for certain jobs.

Advertising my truck mount next week as I no longer have a use for it, but I'll still keep two porty's and my 360i with the large quad head. Big Grin

As far as voting anyone off, that's not my style.

If someone doesn't like anywhere they're at, they can leave of their own free will without having to go to a vote.

You've never ruffled my feathers Andy, and even if you had, it's only on a forum so what the heck?

If ever I had a beef with someone, I'd wait until I went to the 'states again and face them man to man, not behind a computer keyboard.

Take care & lighten up, we all only live once so make the most of it and enjoy while we can.

Angel

RE: Thin skined? - Rambo - 08-18-2013

As usual, another great post from Shorty. Full of wisdom too.

RE: Thin skined? - MPH Cleaning Services - 08-18-2013

I think every method has it's pros and cons. just keep a open mind. Andy , you can stay as far as I am concerned. I use what works best for me and never have had a customer complaint.

RE: Thin skined? - Shortydownunder - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 07:17 AM)Rambo Wrote: As usual, another great post from Shorty. Full of wisdom too.

Thank you my mentor, I have learned a lot from you over the years.

Angel

RE: Thin skined? - fjordking - 08-18-2013

I'm to blame Andy spent one morning cleaning carpet with and then he had to change his name to technoMcfadden.I'm sorry

RE: Thin skined? - CleaningGreen - 08-18-2013

I wouldn't vote anybody off the island; I like differing views. I personally didn't notice anybody getting upset by that other thread. Well, I know that I didn't. The post just struck me as being a bit odd in general seeing how this board is backed by padders anyway. All is well...
Beer

You all are inferior to me!!!

Dude, your just up set because you know , that I know more about OP cleaning then you,

you learned from guys that learned from me, you know that I should be the master of this board and not you.

cause I'm a threat to your power, you must try to defeat me.

I don't believe I said anything to warrant some of the silly responses , you guy's make it seem like I'm some kind of HWE fanatic that's on a rampage against innocent OP cleaners,

I ask you to re read my posts, and you'll see that is not the case at all.

love you all , and that's the truth. Give me a call sometime Dude, I enjoyed our last conversation.

(08-18-2013, 09:25 AM)CleaningGreen Wrote: . The post just struck me as being a bit odd in general seeing how this board is backed by padders anyway. All is well...
Beer

I am a padder , Padden McFadden

(08-18-2013, 08:23 AM)fjordking Wrote: I'm to blame Andy spent one morning cleaning carpet with and then he had to change his name to technoMcfadden.I'm sorry

Yep was happy pushing that wand of yours, en joying all the steam billowing out while you and Grant were drinking beer watching me do all your work for you. Was the day that padden McFadden died.

LoL!

This reminds me, I need to renew my Andy foundation membership!

You're a riot man! I actually woke my wife up from laughing so hard at your replies.

RE: Thin skined? - Grant D - 08-18-2013

Everybody knows that the best carpet cleaners in the world all live in Bellingham. Just because you spent one day cleaning carpet while the best steam cleaner and the best vlm cleaners on earth enjoyed a couple cool ones doesn't make you the next best. Beer

Your posts don't bother me a bit and I don't want you to go. I like a bit of back and forth over method, keeps me on my toes. Since I know you and your personality, I usually see where you are coming from.

RE: Thin skined? - CleaningGreen - 08-18-2013

You guys are too much! LOL

I need to go rest my hurt back from awkwardly moving a darn sleeper sofa on Friday... Uggh. Got a long week of swirling dirt ahead of me to prepare for! padding