The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Encap Green boosted with Detonator
I OP lots of Penn State student apartments and townhouses this time of year. Some are very lightly soiled, a few are heavily soiled, but most are moderately soiled with some dark areas in the entrance and by the kitchen. None are extremely soiled/trashed out like you would find in a section 8 apartment.

Many of the apartments have that olefin cut pile. I also see some polyester cut pile, some nylon, and some olefin berber.

After trying out numerous products from different manufactures, I have been using Peroxcellent the last couple of years, and last year started boosting it with Hot Knife.

Steve mentioned in a post last week that Encap Green Advanced boosted with Detonator would clean as well as Hot Knife on a particular job, which got me thinking.

Encap Green boosted with Detonator would certainly be a much greener cleaner for residential apartments, so if it cleans as well, I am going to switch.

I started testing, and so far the combo works great, but I have not run into any Heavily soiled units yet.

Any thoughts?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-17-2013, 12:03 PM)Paul Demers Wrote: I OP lots of Penn State student apartments and townhouses this time of year. Some are very lightly soiled, a few are heavily soiled, but most are moderately soiled with some dark areas in the entrance and by the kitchen. None are extremely soiled/trashed out like you would find in a section 8 apartment.

Many of the apartments have that olefin cut pile. I also see some polyester cut pile, some nylon, and some olefin berber.

After trying out numerous products from different manufactures, I have been using Peroxcellent the last couple of years, and last year started boosting it with Hot Knife.

Steve mentioned in a post last week that Encap Green Advanced boosted with Detonator would clean as well as Hot Knife on a particular job, which got me thinking.

Encap Green boosted with Detonator would certainly be a much greener cleaner for residential apartments, so if it cleans as well, I am going to switch.

I started testing, and so far the combo works great, but I have not run into any Heavily soiled units yet.

Any thoughts?

Mr. Paul how much Encap Green and Detonator are you using per gallon sir?
Curtis
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
since you said that you're only worried about the darker areas by the kitchen and doors; do what I do and just have a trigger spray bottle of a strong mix of ECG/ Peroxcellent/ spotboost green for the tough areas and simply clean the majority of the carpet with your normal prespray solution of ECG. Less wasteful. Plus... IMO, peroxcellent and ECG work better than ECG and Detonator.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Paul, I clean all my jobs with encap green. I put some detonator in for the really bad ones. For the really really bad ones I switch to a powdered oxidizer at 1-2 oz/gal and increase the encap green. Works great.

The new encap green is really fantastic IMO. hatsoff
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I use 4oz encap green + 5oz detonator on every job. Awesome for dirty carpet, pet stains, coffee, upholstery, commercial etc. No need for some type of magical formula for each carpet type with this. Great on wool also.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Are you guys saying EG with Det. is better than HK? I use HK all the time lately. LOL Which way cost less? Only kidding! It's cleaning I'm concerned with.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-18-2013, 05:46 AM)Nick P Wrote: Are you guys saying EG with Det. is better than HK? I use HK all the time lately. LOL Which way cost less? Only kidding! It's cleaning I'm concerned with.

Hotknife boost may work better or faster....but when boosting with DET you are not adding buyl and you will maintain 7 ph. And DET is $85 for a case.
learning something new every minute Hands up Laughing
Carpet Cleaning Naples Florida
my youtube channel

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-18-2013, 05:46 AM)Nick P Wrote: Are you guys saying EG with Det. is better than HK? I use HK all the time lately. LOL Which way cost less? Only kidding! It's cleaning I'm concerned with.
I boosted HK with detonator on a seafood resty last wk. looked great I ran out of HK as planned. I mixed ECG with Detonator worked as good. The difference for me being dwell time. I let the second mixture dwell a little longer
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
You can boost on every job if you want but I find that it works just as well straight on at least 50% of the jobs. I stop at about 1 oz/gal of detonator per gal on wool.

Often instead of doubling your chems you can just spray double, give a little extra dwell time, and maybe go over with a more aggressive pad first. But whatever works for you is great clap I'm sure Steve loves selling all the extra chems lol.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-18-2013, 11:13 PM)Grant D Wrote: Often instead of doubling your chems you can just spray double,

same thing Tongue
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I'm going to try Encap Green and Detonator tomorrow.

Great info!

Let's be honest, it's a very economical formula.

One thing regarding Hot Knife. Some of you mentioned using it on resi? I tried it once or twice and it felt like there was way too much foam and suds.

Anybody else have this problem?
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Thank you for your replies guys!!! I'll try it on my next order.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-18-2013, 11:57 PM)Derek Wrote:
(07-18-2013, 11:13 PM)Grant D Wrote: Often instead of doubling your chems you can just spray double,

same thing Tongue

Not if your mixing double and spraying double though...padding
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I used my first gallon of EG Advanced this week. I have just a little left in the bottom of the jug. Cleaned 21,000 sqft of carpet. Used spotter on like 4 spots. EG Adv. did the rest.

EG Adv has a nice subtle fresh smell to it imo. Went back a day later to measure and make sure I had sqftage down right, and it still smelled really fresh and clean.

Got to the job on Monday evening at 630pm, expecting to do 6488 sqft carpet. Started working, started opening doors, and it turned out to be 15,730 sqft. Two vacuumers, me, and the Orbot. 12.25 hours, lots and lots of desks, chairs, etc. to move or go around. I got two extremely sore shoulders, my vacuumers got two back aches. One still has not returned to work since Monday.

Went back and did 5300 sqft Wed. Still got about 50,000 sqft carpet and 60,000 sqft VCT left on the contract. Will be doing all the VCT with Square Strip machine and SPP pad and water. Will save me about $900 in stripper, about $600 in wax. Since going to the Square Strip machine have saved close to $5000 in stripper, and countless headaches, etc. from breathing the fumes, not to mention all the wax I have saved over the last year.

Going OP for all my operations has really saved me time and money. So far have 2 Orbots for carpet, t&g, and the Square strip machine for VCT. I have completely eliminated one man from my stripping crew as I don't need a edger (doodle bugger), or second rinser, as green stripping only needs one rinse and no doodle bugging except in the tightest of places (and that only takes seconds to cover).

Now that I am using EG Adv, looks like my carpet cleaning just got more affordable too!!!

OP rocks!!!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-19-2013, 11:45 AM)tig Wrote: I used my first gallon of EG Advanced this week. I have just a little left in the bottom of the jug. Cleaned 21,000 sqft of carpet. Used spotter on like 4 spots. EG Adv. did the rest.

EG Adv has a nice subtle fresh smell to it imo. Went back a day later to measure and make sure I had sqftage down right, and it still smelled really fresh and clean.

Got to the job on Monday evening at 630pm, expecting to do 6488 sqft carpet. Started working, started opening doors, and it turned out to be 15,730 sqft. Two vacuumers, me, and the Orbot. 12.25 hours, lots and lots of desks, chairs, etc. to move or go around. I got two extremely sore shoulders, my vacuumers got two back aches. One still has not returned to work since Monday.

Went back and did 5300 sqft Wed. Still got about 50,000 sqft carpet and 60,000 sqft VCT left on the contract. Will be doing all the VCT with Square Strip machine and SPP pad and water. Will save me about $900 in stripper, about $600 in wax. Since going to the Square Strip machine have saved close to $5000 in stripper, and countless headaches, etc. from breathing the fumes, not to mention all the wax I have saved over the last year.

Going OP for all my operations has really saved me time and money. So far have 2 Orbots for carpet, t&g, and the Square strip machine for VCT. I have completely eliminated one man from my stripping crew as I don't need a edger (doodle bugger), or second rinser, as green stripping only needs one rinse and no doodle bugging except in the tightest of places (and that only takes seconds to cover).

Now that I am using EG Adv, looks like my carpet cleaning just got more affordable too!!!

OP rocks!!!

How are you liking the Orbot's for both carpet and tile? I guess you have the t&g brush. How are you rinsing? Thanks
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
tig, sometimes I wished these posts would have a 'like' button - cause I would have hit that one for you! fantastic to see you rock!!

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-19-2013, 06:43 PM)BGCD Wrote: How are you liking the Orbot's for both carpet and tile? I guess you have the t&g brush. How are you rinsing? Thanks

Sorry so late getting back. Working like crazy cleaning carpet and VCT at the college where I have the contract, and along with my regular accounts.

As far as the Orbot for T&G, I have never gotten the tile and grout cleaner than with the Orbot, and yes I have the t&g brush. I think I have done 100-125 jobs with it since I have gotten it (average 1000sqft to 1500sqft). Brush still holding up real well, well worth the price.

I rinse with plain water, with a mop and ringer. Some people don't believe it rinses it enough, but I go back regularly to the places I've cleaned and they seem to stay clean for quite awhile, esp. considering the traffic.

When doing t&g I use: Orbot with t&g brush and homemade splash guard, wet vac with 25ft hose and 14" squeegee tool head (I keep a square bristled brush on extendable pole in back of wet vac for beside commodes, etc.), and rinse bucket and mop, and small pump up sprayer.

As far as carpet goes, not only do I love it (the Orbot), but my customers seem to love it more than I do. One day I plan on getting a Trinity, but until then I am very happy using the Hos.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-19-2013, 07:37 PM)Con Schultz Wrote: tig, sometimes I wished these posts would have a 'like' button - cause I would have hit that one for you! fantastic to see you rock!!

Con

Thanks Con Schultz! I've been rocking it so haven't had time but for a short looksee around the forums lately. The OP method has really breathed new life into my business and made it much more simple. Wonder what comes out next?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
CleakTek (Dustin) cleans t&g the same way as you and I - until he got his AT.

He used a Ninja to rinse. Said it made a big difference. I might try it as well.

(07-31-2013, 12:21 PM)tig Wrote:
(07-19-2013, 06:43 PM)BGCD Wrote: How are you liking the Orbot's for both carpet and tile? I guess you have the t&g brush. How are you rinsing? Thanks

Sorry so late getting back. Working like crazy cleaning carpet and VCT at the college where I have the contract, and along with my regular accounts.

As far as the Orbot for T&G, I have never gotten the tile and grout cleaner than with the Orbot, and yes I have the t&g brush. I think I have done 100-125 jobs with it since I have gotten it (average 1000sqft to 1500sqft). Brush still holding up real well, well worth the price.

I rinse with plain water, with a mop and ringer. Some people don't believe it rinses it enough, but I go back regularly to the places I've cleaned and they seem to stay clean for quite awhile, esp. considering the traffic.

When doing t&g I use: Orbot with t&g brush and homemade splash guard, wet vac with 25ft hose and 14" squeegee tool head (I keep a square bristled brush on extendable pole in back of wet vac for beside commodes, etc.), and rinse bucket and mop, and small pump up sprayer.

As far as carpet goes, not only do I love it (the Orbot), but my customers seem to love it more than I do. One day I plan on getting a Trinity, but until then I am very happy using the Hos.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-17-2013, 12:03 PM)Paul Demers Wrote: I OP lots of Penn State student apartments and townhouses this time of year. Some are very lightly soiled, a few are heavily soiled, but most are moderately soiled with some dark areas in the entrance and by the kitchen. None are extremely soiled/trashed out like you would find in a section 8 apartment.

Any thoughts?

paul

just checking in to see how the eg and detonator results are...if you are still using do you still use eg as a stand alone?

thanks
Reply }}
Thanks given by: