The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold Weather Guys - Seasonal?
For all you guys who live in a Cold Winter area, does your business slow down tremendously in the winter? I know it does for window cleaning in here. But the search for carpet cleaning in my area has a very high count. Over 400 monthly searches for each month = Dec, Jan & Feb. Someone who has one of the top 3 organic google spots, and lives in a cold area, should be killing it if googles numbers are correct.

Can anyone confirm this?
Justin
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Winter is very slow for me, think Maytag repairman slow. I live in the northeast and most clients prefer to wait for Spring so they don't have the carpets messed up.

I'm taking this Winter off. I have a tech who will handle what comes in. It's mostly people buying or selling homes plus emergencies.

If you are in a cold weather market you better plan and save for the Winter or do restoration and hope for freezing pipes. You could offer snow removal if you could plow or had a snowblower.

Me, I'd rather go south and be warmCool
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Yeah it slows down in the winter but the longer you're in business the less slow you are.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
We are in Me and it snows from Sept till May Well not really but close. I have a few PM's that keep us from starving Also do some janitorial
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
business planning & better money management....

For me I know that come Dec 31 I need to have a certain amount saved... great news, the last 2 years havent had to go digging into the fund!

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
i'm very slow every Winter from jan thru end of march. sometimes i'll go 3 weeks without 1 paying job. no biggie, it's just how it is for me. padding
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
for years I have been telling the eople that are looking for a "deal" to call me in late Jan or Feb if they want special pricing its amazing how many people call to save 15-20 percent...and for me it keeps thing rolling and especially not having to worry about dragging hoses and having my tm freeze.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I don't have that problem down here in Florida. LOL our cold is about 60 degrees and only a couple of weeks . I know you guys have to deal with snow, freezing rain etc. I'm glad I left that years ago.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
It gets slow for me. People just don't like to do stuff when it is painfully cold outside.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
i can confirm that winter time is slower for me. hope that helps some.
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the replies guys. For us Residential window cleaning pretty much stops from 1DEC thru 15FEB - But I'm thinking it is different for carpet cleaning. According to the google keyword Planner tool, there are more searches during these cold months than the warmer months. Unlike searches for window cleaning which are very low during these months. Maybe my area is just different?
Justin
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
the search phrases are always hit up more in the slow season and here is why:

we're all slower and have more time on our hands so we check out the forums more and we work on our websites and we say, "hey i wonder what google page my site is listing at this week, maybe that is why the phone calls have slowed down."

the vast majority of search phrases are searched for by company owners not the general public.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(09-19-2013, 06:35 PM)Derek Wrote: the search phrases are always hit up more in the slow season and here is why:

we're all slower and have more time on our hands so we check out the forums more and we work on our websites and we say, "hey i wonder what google page my site is listing at this week, maybe that is why the phone calls have slowed down."

the vast majority of search phrases are searched for by company owners not the general public.

very true,Derek
Reply }}
Thanks given by: