The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.23 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another referral story
This is in no way a brag, I know all you guys get referrals too.

just really thought this was interesting,

(this could be a part two of the "dual method " thread.) So I get a call today from a nice lady , she say's her friend recommended me, and said I was the best carpet cleaner ever.

She went on to say how her friend told her that she was blown away by how fast her carpets dried, way faster then any other company she had before and none of the spots came back like they always did before.

So long story short I get her on the schedule, I then went to look up the lady who referred her to see weather or not I steam cleaned for her or used VLM,

I assumed she was one of my older customers that I always vlm cleaned, ( due to all the reference's about how fast her carpets dried.

Come to find out , she was a lady I used the TM on.

The interesting thing about this?

Just thought it was interesting getting the same type of referral TWO times in the same week, one from a VLM customer, and another from a HWE customer.

Why do I mention this to you guys? I have nothing else to do right now. Cable tv is out, So talking shop is what I must do to keep my blood flowing.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Sounds like BS to me Violin LOL

Jk
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
How long is a piece of string? "my saying of the day" that is exactly what dry time is. What one might consider fast might be along dry time to another... For example if a tm hack did my carpet last year and it took 24 hours to dry( which many do) than 19 hours dry time would seem great now...so you should ask for time length in minutes or hours... Most that I use vlm on are dry dry dry in 2 hours period.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Oh , maybe your right, she must have been happy cause the dry time was 5 days in stead of 7. Certainly it couldn't be that I actually did a good job and the carpet was dry in 2 to 3 hours.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I call bs on tm cleaners that say 2 hour dry time....i used tm for 10 years and I know less than 10 percent where dry in 2 hours unless all the stars aligned and drying conditions where perfect.... Also helping with air movers..i don't know you personally but I know that I'm a perfectionist and I know what results and dry times I would get with the tm. I have customers every week that tell me it took 24 hours for carpets to dry with the last cleaner they used and that's why the are trying my low moisture system....
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I didn't say 2 hours, I said 2 to 3 hours , which is the norm for me on light to moderate soiled carpets. Moderate to heavy soil 3 to 6 hours, trashed carpet 6- 8 hours. How do I know this? I check back with my customers as a follow up call the next day, and one of the things I always ask , is how long did it take the carpet to dry.

there fore 2 to 3 hours is the norm ,( due to the fact that the normal job I do is light to moderate soil, )

Also, did you use a glided wand? did you run 2.5 inch hose? did you do slow dry pass? did you use a 2 inch tubed wand? Did you pre scrub heavy soil areas requiring less wand strokes to get it clean? Did you remove filters from your waist tank and run an inline filter replacing with a brand new liner for each job?

If you answered yes to all these questions then you should have got the same dry times as I get, but if you left out 1 or more of these , then obviously your dry times would be longer then mine.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-30-2013, 07:55 PM)Andy Mc Wrote: I didn't say 2 hours, I said 2 to 3 hours , which is the norm for me on light to moderate soiled carpets. Moderate to heavy soil 3 to 6 hours, trashed carpet 6- 8 hours. How do I know this? I check back with my customers as a follow up call the next day, and one of the things I always ask , is how long did it take the carpet to dry.

there fore 2 to 3 hours is the norm ,( due to the fact that the normal job I do is light to moderate soil, )

Also, did you use a glided wand? did you run 2.5 inch hose? did you do slow dry pass? did you use a 2 inch tubed wand? Did you pre scrub heavy soil areas requiring less wand strokes to get it clean? Did you remove filters from your waist tank and run an inline filter replacing with a brand new liner for each job?

If you answered yes to all these questions then you should have got the same dry times as I get, but if you left out 1 or more of these , then obviously your dry times would be longer then mine.

I used gas powered truckmount for 10 years then went to electric truckmount. I only ever ran 2" hose with 1 1/2 wand 12 inch no glide tried one never liked it..... I was going to offer the 2 systems but personally I like the vlm....i do have to convince a few long time customers with the vlm method but once they see the results and dry time they are sold.....i like they free home time with alot less equipment maintenance not to mention the cost....best to ya my friend and get the tv back up and running so u stop making arguments...lol
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Andy I would like to know how much time you spend each day before work and after work filling and dumping water. Also what do you do when you run out of water before the day is done. Do you have to run a hose into your house toilet or do you dump illegally. Do you have to run a hose from your kitchen sink to fill up every night in the winter when the outside taps are shut off.

I have never heard any TM guys talk about this or include this into their time spent to get the days work done.

Thanks
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
you don't deserve an answer , casue you always avoid my questions. Maybe if someone else asks
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-30-2013, 07:36 PM)Robd Wrote: I call bs on tm cleaners that say 2 hour dry time....i used tm for 10 years and I know less than 10 percent where dry in 2 hours unless all the stars aligned and drying conditions where perfect.... Also helping with air movers..i don't know you personally but I know that I'm a perfectionist and I know what results and dry times I would get with the tm. I have customers every week that tell me it took 24 hours for carpets to dry with the last cleaner they used and that's why the are trying my low moisture system....

<---this guy gets them dry with a tm in 20 min ( up to 40 min ).....using high flow to boot.

all truck mounts are not created equal
and neither are the operators ....
Dustin

www.CleanTechCleaners.com
www.CleanTechsk.com

Grumpy,cm,cimex, 175's 13"-20",square pad,cyclo's,stepson wannabe
aerotech tm (actually KNOW how to use it Tongue), ninja portable, steamin demon(tsunami)
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-30-2013, 08:11 PM)Robd Wrote: [quote=
I used gas powered truckmount for 10 years then went to electric truckmount. I only ever ran 2" hose with 1 1/2 wand 12 inch no glide tried one never liked it..... I was going to offer the 2 systems but personally I like the vlm....i do have to convince a few long time customers with the vlm method but once they see the results and dry time they are sold.....i like they free home time with alot less equipment maintenance not to mention the cost....best to ya my friend and get the tv back up and running so u stop making arguments...lol
[/quote]

OK so now we have the truth, your system was different from mine, hence the difference in dry times . So you will take back the insinuation that my statement was BS? That's what a real man would do. And I didn't start an argument , just shared a referral story that I though was interesting,, everyone started squealing due to the fact that the referral came from a HWE client that was "blown " away by the dry times. It conflicts with their world view.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-30-2013, 08:57 PM)Mardie VanBree Wrote: Andy I would like to know how much time you spend each day before work and after work filling and dumping water.
Less time then washing and drying pads....

Also what do you do when you run out of water before the day is done.
garden hose to one of my residential or commercial clients... same way if u were to run out of water at a clients home...

Do you have to run a hose into your house toilet or do you dump illegally.
car wash or my own lawn ( unless I did a restaurant, then i dump on the guys lawn that has a vonschrader, lol kidding Tongue )

Do you have to run a hose from your kitchen sink to fill up every night in the winter when the outside taps are shut off.
Wont lie, this is the part that sucks. I have run it usually to my shower which is the closest. As long as the water is flowing your usually ok for a little bit...)

I have never heard any TM guys talk about this or include this into their time spent to get the days work done.

Thanks

in all honesty its very easy to do the daily stuff. Especially with a pto system. Check engine/tran fluids like you do with any vehicle...
check belts to blower and pump once in a while. Use an in line filter and spray it down so no need to climb inside the van and deal with the tank fillters..

to add I previously was a tm cleaner who abandoned it and bashed hwe and i was solely vlm for roughly 3 years with great success.
second times the charm i guess. There are so many little things that can be done to greatly boost hwe performance now
Dustin

www.CleanTechsk.com

aerotech tm (actually KNOW how to use it Tongue), ninja portable, steamin demon(tsunami)
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-30-2013, 09:45 PM)cleantech Wrote:
(08-30-2013, 07:36 PM)Robd Wrote: I call bs on tm cleaners that say 2 hour dry time....i used tm for 10 years and I know less than 10 percent where dry in 2 hours unless all the stars aligned and drying conditions where perfect.... Also helping with air movers..i don't know you personally but I know that I'm a perfectionist and I know what results and dry times I would get with the tm. I have customers every week that tell me it took 24 hours for carpets to dry with the last cleaner they used and that's why the are trying my low moisture system....

<---this guy gets them dry with a tm in 20 min ( up to 40 min ).....using high flow to boot.

all truck mounts are not created equal
and neither are the operators ....

20 minBeer
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
thanks Dustin
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I believe clean tech's dry times, have you seen his TM? I'm surprised it's not more like 5 minutes,
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Andy I have another question for you. I have never used hwe but it would make sense that the faster you pull the wand you can eliminate injecting water deep into the carpet so it will dry much faster. But is this fast skimming of the carpet surface kinda like appearance cleaning rather than deep cleaning.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
thats why I L.O.V.E my shear kit!

depending on the job at hand adjust it..

As you can see in the pic my jets are set to blast right behind the glide

' shearing ' the dirt off at and an angle and not straight down at the carpet

usually cleaning at 500-600psi

This isnt your fathers wand from 10 years ago.... Wink

Dustin

www.CleanTechsk.com

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Mardie, you can't have it both ways, we can engage in intelligent conversation, BUT that requires you to give also. Meaning that when I ask you a question you answer it, and when I make point disputing your points you address those points.

I respond in like manner to you, and we have a back and forth conversation that accomplishes something.

agree to that before I answer anything you ask,
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Mardie, I'll answer your Q's

Andy I would like to know how much time you spend each day before work and after work filling and dumping water.

Less than 1 min - park & connect hoses, disconnect QDs in the morning

Rarely happens with our 120 gal tank - that is 1 monster day if we have run out. At my shop I have a120 gal tank with a 2" hose for 'instant fill' if we need it.

Never, I have dump sites in all sides of my city - never more than 5 min away from any jobsite - if I were desperate....

Do you have to run a hose from your kitchen sink to fill up every night in the winter when the outside taps are shut off.

No, fresh tank, but I will say the 1 - 2x every winter we need to hook up at clients homes - usually kitchen sink

I have never heard any TM guys talk about this or include this into their time spent to get the days work done. Cant say we spend 4 minutes any day prepping or unloading end of day stuff. (cleanco 47 x2 truck)

Con

Thanks
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-30-2013, 11:06 PM)Con Schultz Wrote: Mardie, I'll answer your Q's

Andy I would like to know how much time you spend each day before work and after work filling and dumping water.

Less than 1 min - park & connect hoses, disconnect QDs in the morning

Rarely happens with our 120 gal tank - that is 1 monster day if we have run out. At my shop I have a120 gal tank with a 2" hose for 'instant fill' if we need it.

Never, I have dump sites in all sides of my city - never more than 5 min away from any jobsite - if I were desperate....

No, fresh tank, but I will say the 1 - 2x every winter we need to hook up at clients homes - usually kitchen sink

I have never heard any TM guys talk about this or include this into their time spent to get the days work done. Cant say we spend 4 minutes any day prepping or unloading end of day stuff. (cleanco 47 x2 truck)

Con

Thanks

thanks Con I know you have a shop and are set up to do this very efficiently.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: