The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.23 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another referral story
(08-30-2013, 10:42 PM)cleantech Wrote: thats why I L.O.V.E my shear kit!

depending on the job at hand adjust it..

As you can see in the pic my jets are set to blast right behind the glide

' shearing ' the dirt off at and an angle and not straight down at the carpet

usually cleaning at 500-600psi

This isnt your fathers wand from 10 years ago.... Wink

That's cool
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Keep one thing in mind with Dustin. He uses what many would consider the best possible HWE TM unit on the market, the AeroTech. It is designed to achieve maximum efficiency and dry times with a #6 blower. It's also a pto unit which makes it easier to maintain.

20 min dry times with the proper hose, wand jetting, fans, etc. is absolutely possible with that machine.

Also, Dustin knows the science of cleaning. He makes his bones on pain in the butt commercial clean up, restaurants and all kinds of challenging work.

In addition to the AT he owns Orbot and Cimex machines, a Tsunami and all kinds of commercial only gear.

You don't ever need to doubt Dustin. He is the real deal.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
As far as everything else is concerned....

I think Mardie has a point about dumping. Lots of guys say they dump in flower beds and other assorted places, but where I live you would catch a lot of heat for that. You need to dump at an RV park, car wash, etc. Usually $5.00 a visit.

As far as dry times all I can say is that many a customer has told me a horror story. Half day, one day, the house smelled funky afterward, etc. Still, I think most TM guys can get reasonable dry times if they work towards it. This is more challenging for the small blower guys so you need to do extra dry strokes, maybe post bonnet, use fans, etc.

But how many are actually doing that?

Also, I have looked at a few TM's or at least considered them. I can tell you that at least two of the units that were eventually bought turned out to be problematic.

If you're going to buy a used slide in TM you'd better have at least some mechanical know how.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-31-2013, 12:54 AM)thecleaningdude Wrote: Keep one thing in mind with Dustin. He uses what many would consider the best possible HWE TM unit on the market, the AeroTech. It is designed to achieve maximum efficiency and dry times with a #6 blower. It's also a pto unit which makes it easier to maintain.

20 min dry times with the proper hose, wand jetting, fans, etc. is absolutely possible with that machine.

Also, Dustin knows the science of cleaning. He makes his bones on pain in the butt commercial clean up, restaurants and all kinds of challenging work.

In addition to the AT he owns Orbot and Cimex machines, a Tsunami and all kinds of commercial only gear.

You don't ever need to doubt Dustin. He is the real deal.

agreed I believe what Dustin Con and a handful of other guys post on the boards in regards to hwe. BUT I also believe that a lot of hwe guys are talking the talk and not walking the walk.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Of course Mardee, just like there is some OP guys not walking the walk either...

those that have heart do it well regardless of toys, guys that only want money - seek that at every opportunity and at everyone elses expense, and guys that want to brag on the BB - brag... LOL

Con

Off to Vegas in an hour for the experience & Rug tour class... It will take me 2 days to catch up on posts when I get back....
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Funny how everything Dustin or Con says get's believed, everything I say is challenged, proof once again you are part of the anti Andy agenda .
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-31-2013, 01:13 AM)thecleaningdude Wrote: As far as everything else is concerned....

I think Mardie has a point about dumping. Lots of guys say they dump in flower beds and other assorted places, but where I live you would catch a lot of heat for that. You need to dump at an RV park, car wash, etc. Usually $5.00 a visit.

As far as dry times all I can say is that many a customer has told me a horror story. Half day, one day, the house smelled funky afterward, etc. Still, I think most TM guys can get reasonable dry times if they work towards it. This is more challenging for the small blower guys so you need to do extra dry strokes, maybe post bonnet, use fans, etc.

But how many are actually doing that?

Also, I have looked at a few TM's or at least considered them. I can tell you that at least two of the units that were eventually bought turned out to be problematic.

If you're going to buy a used slide in TM you'd better have at least some mechanical know how.

Dustin, you are very wrong. a skilled operator who cares about what he is doing can get great dry times with a small blower, no problem. And most do. The horror stories are due to hackish men, not the TM.

As far as dumping , not a problem, most areas allow for dumping on property, just not down the storm drains, and every place (as far I know) allows for dumping down the sewer drain clean out , which is easy to find on most properties. Or just go clean all day and at the end of the day drain in your own sewer clean out. Or get an an auto pump and pump it done the customers toilet while you clean.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Sorry, I meant "Dude" you are wrong, NOT dustin, of course Dustin is always right.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-31-2013, 09:34 AM)Con Schultz Wrote: Of course Mardee, just like there is some OP guys not walking the walk either...

those that have heart do it well regardless of toys, guys that only want money - seek that at every opportunity and at everyone elses expense, and guys that want to brag on the BB - brag... LOL

Con

Off to Vegas in an hour for the experience & Rug tour class... It will take me 2 days to catch up on posts when I get back....

Have a good trip and looking forward to any new ideas or stuff or info you might pick up on your trip.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-31-2013, 09:34 AM)Andy Mc Wrote: Funny how everything Dustin or Con says get's believed, everything I say is challenged, proof once again you are part of the anti Andy agenda .

I hope you are not confusing getting asked questions as being challenged.Yikes
Or could it be that all you want to hear is the tm war cry.LOL
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Another non sense post by Mardie. clap[/i]
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Let me break it down for you Mardie, I know you have a hard time folloing a thread.

I posted the reffearl story, I got a respose that my fast dry time may have just been in comparision to another cleaner that got a long dry time , (like 24 hours) Mine could have been shorter (like 12 hours) and that's whay the customer was happy.

I clearified that my typical dry time is in the 2 to 3 hour range for light to moderate soil,

the reply came " BS " I again clarify my procedure and explained WHY my dry times are better then what some think is average. And totally demolished the insinuation that I was full of it. The guy came back and admitted that he did not have the same tweeks to his system that I have. There fore admitting that I was not full of it.

Dustin chimed in, about his 20 min dry times, to show yes it's possible , then you and dude say , OH yea we know dustin is the man, we know Con is the man, we believe them,

Yet Andy is full of it right? even though I detailed the conditions, and the "tweeks" that I have done that give me an edge in recovery.

Therefore I can only conclude that what we have here is an anti Andy agenda.

This started as a non debate , friendly thread, the puke mentality came in from you and others with the "I call BS" statements , SO I took the time to address , and clarify. and the only thing you guys can do is make goofy statements about war cries, and how wonderful Con and Dustin are and the hateful bitter man Andy is to be dismissed as a raving lunatic.

So I respond there is an Anti Andy agenda, Because of telling me that I spew BS , then to turn around telling other members that confirmed what I said that fast dry times are possible with HWE are full of truth and virtue.

OK Mardie now that you have been caught up on the thread, maybe you can respond with something that is relevant.

I the future please try to follow things a little better, I don't always have the time to summarize for you.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
to be fair, Mardie did finish his 1st post with "JK" Tongue

but really i believe Andy's dry time claims for light-moderate soil conditions. what is there not to believe??

20 minute dry times can be gotten with an OP or HWE, tho i never have. how? using multiple air-movers...simple. i bet a #6 blower helps to?

i personally am fine with the 2-5 hours i'm getting. client's never complain about it so i'm set padding i have 1 Drypod but it sits in the corner of the van for a rainy day...poor lil bugger Violin
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-31-2013, 11:10 AM)Andy Mc Wrote: Let me break it down for you Mardie, I know you have a hard time folloing a thread.

I posted the reffearl story, I got a respose that my fast dry time may have just been in comparision to another cleaner that got a long dry time , (like 24 hours) Mine could have been shorter (like 12 hours) and that's whay the customer was happy.

I clearified that my typical dry time is in the 2 to 3 hour range for light to moderate soil,

the reply came " BS " I again clarify my procedure and explained WHY my dry times are better then what some think is average. And totally demolished the insinuation that I was full of it. The guy came back and admitted that he did not have the same tweeks to his system that I have. There fore admitting that I was not full of it.

Dustin chimed in, about his 20 min dry times, to show yes it's possible , then you and dude say , OH yea we know dustin is the man, we know Con is the man, we believe them,

Yet Andy is full of it right? even though I detailed the conditions, and the "tweeks" that I have done that give me an edge in recovery.

Therefore I can only conclude that what we have here is an anti Andy agenda.

This started as a non debate , friendly thread, the puke mentality came in from you and others with the "I call BS" statements , SO I took the time to address , and clarify. and the only thing you guys can do is make goofy statements about war cries, and how wonderful Con and Dustin are and the hateful bitter man Andy is to be dismissed as a raving lunatic.

So I respond there is an Anti Andy agenda, Because of telling me that I spew BS , then to turn around telling other members that confirmed what I said that fast dry times are possible with HWE are full of truth and virtue.

OK Mardie now that you have been caught up on the thread, maybe you can respond with something that is relevant.

I the future please try to follow things a little better, I don't always have the time to summarize for you.

Your so sensitive.awwwman

Or you have a really unique form of humor.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
You guys need to lighten up.....the bottom line is we all have a boat load plus of satisfied customers and hopefully are making money at the end of the day....personally I was never able to achieve 20 min dry times but never cared to make the investment in a large pto unit to achieve that..i do believe that many tm and op guys run in and out and just care about the check and no referral's..i base my statements on many dissatisfied customers from poor tm operators....not to many vlm guys out my way....I personally enjoy not dumping out 150 gallons of waste water each day into the sewer it seems like such a waste since the results are comparable to vlm....pre vac . Crb.op.air movers post vac...
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
you guys are glossing over a lot of stuff.

Con, and Dustin, = full of virtue and truth

Andy = full of BS
Though we said the same thing.

Rob, as I stated and (your not addressing it) there is a reason why we had different dry times , I ran down the list, Did I not? You admitted your set up was lacking some of the modern tweaks[/b] and simple up grades , that my system has, that's the difference, NOT that you needed a Bigger TM,

BTW You have yet to retract the insinuation that I was telling BS, even though I smashed that claim in to oblivion.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-31-2013, 01:28 PM)Andy Mc Wrote: you guys are glossing over a lot of stuff.

Andy = full of BS

Rob, as I stated and (your not addressing it) there is a reason why we had different dry times , I ran down the list, Did I not? You admitted your set up was lacking some of the modern tweaks[/b] and simple up grades , that my system has, that's the difference, NOT that you needed a Bigger TM,

BTW You have yet to retract the insinuation that I was telling BS, even though I smashed that claim in to oblivion.

OK now I finally get your humor.clap You are hilarious.Down Laughing
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-31-2013, 01:28 PM)Andy Mc Wrote: you guys are glossing over a lot of stuff.

Andy = full of BS

Andy .......smile bud I'll retract my bs statement for you!!!ok that's done.....i will say that many cleaners near me say dry in a hour and less which customers tell me different...i will say most are med to heavy soil but they don't break it down such as you did... and yes I could get light soil carpet dry in 2 -3 hours but I was referring to more dirty carpets so I'm glad you brought that up.....i think most guys on these forums tend to be the ones that try and care vs the "hacks"....maybe I can join the Andy club at a disc..
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
A real man retracts when he is shown to be wrong, I broke down my dry times in to levels of soiling, 2-3 for light to medium soil, 4-6 heavy, 6-8 heavy to extreme.

You have shown your self to be a real man, and I am great full to you for it, there fore you get a 1 year free membership to the Andy foundation

and are allowed to use the

" Approved by The Andy Foundation" Logo on your website.

Mardie still has to pay $10,0000 to become approved
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
When dry times are important I just vacuum, spray fabreeze and get check. Carpet is dry immediately.Toot Horn
Reply }}
Thanks given by: