The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.23 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another referral story
Mardie,

Dumping is pretty easy for me. I park my van in the RV garage and dump right into the sewer line there. I only have a 50 gallon waste tank but I'm only running 6 flow 400 PSI at 1.5 gallons per minute. If I was cleaning more than 3 house per a day I probably wouldn't be able to wait till the end of the day to dump luckily I have an Orbot padding

I recall having a second job that was tile and grout cleaning running at 1000 PSI and towards the end of the job I lost vacuum and when I went out to the van I was blowing water out the blower lol. I had to empty twice into a 5 gallon bucket to finish.

I connect to water at the clients house I don't carry water.

Mardie, Why don't you like AndyBig Grin
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Rob you are fortunate to be thought of as a man by Andy, not all of us are as lucky. you shall sleep well tonight.

maybe i'll have a shot next year...always a bridesmaid, never a bride. Violin
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(08-31-2013, 02:42 PM)Andy Mc Wrote: A real man retracts when he is shown to be wrong, I broke down my dry times in to levels of soiling, 2-3 for light to medium soil, 4-6 heavy, 6-8 heavy to extreme.

You have shown your self to be a real man, and I am great full to you for it, there fore you get a 1 year free membership to the Andy foundation

and are allowed to use the

" Approved by The Andy Foundation" Logo on your website.

Mardie still has to pay $10,0000 to become approved

Andy thanks so much for the 1year free membership!!!! I'm one happy "man".....
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Andy's dry times are aided this time of year by the 100 degree heat and near 0 humidity. Cool
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Andy,

Please point out where I said it's not possible? I wrote that it's harder to do. This is not the case? A bigger machine will not help achieve greater dry times with less effort?

My quote:

Still, I think most TM guys can get reasonable dry times if they work towards it. This is more challenging for the small blower guys so you need to do extra dry strokes, maybe post bonnet, use fans, etc.

But how many are actually doing that?

As far as dumping goes, perhaps the laws are more relaxed where you are. Perhaps customers and neighbors are less likely to be bothered with such things. My statement is obviously specific to my area.

When have I ever said I don't believe you?

Anti-Andy agenda? Pro Con?

Seriously, it's kind of strange. If someone has an opinion that differs from yours it's an agenda?

I think you take yourself a little too seriously. Or are you just joking still?

I can't tell anymore.

(08-31-2013, 09:48 AM)Andy Mc Wrote:
(08-31-2013, 01:13 AM)thecleaningdude Wrote: As far as everything else is concerned....

I think Mardie has a point about dumping. Lots of guys say they dump in flower beds and other assorted places, but where I live you would catch a lot of heat for that. You need to dump at an RV park, car wash, etc. Usually $5.00 a visit.

As far as dry times all I can say is that many a customer has told me a horror story. Half day, one day, the house smelled funky afterward, etc. Still, I think most TM guys can get reasonable dry times if they work towards it. This is more challenging for the small blower guys so you need to do extra dry strokes, maybe post bonnet, use fans, etc.

But how many are actually doing that?

Also, I have looked at a few TM's or at least considered them. I can tell you that at least two of the units that were eventually bought turned out to be problematic.

If you're going to buy a used slide in TM you'd better have at least some mechanical know how.

Dustin, you are very wrong. a skilled operator who cares about what he is doing can get great dry times with a small blower, no problem. And most do. The horror stories are due to hackish men, not the TM.

As far as dumping , not a problem, most areas allow for dumping on property, just not down the storm drains, and every place (as far I know) allows for dumping down the sewer drain clean out , which is easy to find on most properties. Or just go clean all day and at the end of the day drain in your own sewer clean out. Or get an an auto pump and pump it done the customers toilet while you clean.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Dude,
I quote you.. "Please point out where I said it's not possible?"

I don't need to point that out, ( Because I never said you said that)

What I said was that you were very wrong, (regarding this quote)

"Still, I think most TM guys can get reasonable dry times if they work towards it. This is more challenging for the small blower guys so you need to do extra dry strokes, maybe post bonnet, use fans, etc.

But how many are actually doing that?""

I replied,,,,,," Dude, you are very wrong. a skilled operator who cares about what he is doing can get great dry times with a small blower, NO PROBLEM. And most do. The horror stories are due to hackish men, not the TM. "

Let me clarifiy... You state that a TM can get reasonable dry times, BUT with a small blower but it's "CHALLENGING" and they may need to "POST BONNET" or "PLACE FANS" or "NEED TO DO EXTRA DRY STOKES"

So regarding that you are wrong, good dry times are NO PROBLEM for a small blower, no need for fans or post padding or extra dry strokes. The operator who knows what he is doing is the KEY, a bad operator will get sucky dry time no matter what size blower he's got.

Are we clear? of corse the gao closes when were talking long hose runs, but I already went over that, and your friend Lefty said I was "dead on" with my explanation, is he wrong to??

Regarding your statement "Mardie has a point when it comes to dumping"

No he doesn't , dumping is not an issue what so ever, you and Mardie who have never operated a TM are not qualified to give an educated opinion on the matter, if you ask guys who run TM they will tell not a big issue. Each guy has his own routine of dealing with it, and it's not hard to figure a way to dump legally

Basically you are making a lot of assumptions that are based on what? certainly not experience.

I feel like I'm being real clear with stating what I feel to be the truth, I don't know why your lost here, or wondering if I'm joking or not.
"
Now if con told what I just told you you would say, "thanks Con, you sure know your stuff" Or if Lefty told you what I just told you , "Thanks Lefty you sure know your stuff"

But your gona come back and argue the point with me aren't you? lol
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Gee are you ever touchyYikes
Have you gone to see a doctor. I think you may have a case of TMidess.LOL
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Uggghhhh.....no, I'm not going to argue it with you.

You're either not reading my posts closely or just looking to squabble. So no, there won't be any more discussion out of me.

It's honestly not worth it.

(09-01-2013, 10:40 AM)Andy Mc Wrote: Dude,
I quote you.. "Please point out where I said it's not possible?"

I don't need to point that out, ( Because I never said you said that)

What I said was that you were very wrong, (regarding this quote)

"Still, I think most TM guys can get reasonable dry times if they work towards it. This is more challenging for the small blower guys so you need to do extra dry strokes, maybe post bonnet, use fans, etc.

But how many are actually doing that?""

I replied,,,,,," Dude, you are very wrong. a skilled operator who cares about what he is doing can get great dry times with a small blower, NO PROBLEM. And most do. The horror stories are due to hackish men, not the TM. "

Let me clarifiy... You state that a TM can get reasonable dry times, BUT with a small blower but it's "CHALLENGING" and they may need to "POST BONNET" or "PLACE FANS" or "NEED TO DO EXTRA DRY STOKES"

So regarding that you are wrong, good dry times are NO PROBLEM for a small blower, no need for fans or post padding or extra dry strokes. The operator who knows what he is doing is the KEY, a bad operator will get sucky dry time no matter what size blower he's got.

Are we clear? of corse the gao closes when were talking long hose runs, but I already went over that, and your friend Lefty said I was "dead on" with my explanation, is he wrong to??

Regarding your statement "Mardie has a point when it comes to dumping"

No he doesn't , dumping is not an issue what so ever, you and Mardie who have never operated a TM are not qualified to give an educated opinion on the matter, if you ask guys who run TM they will tell not a big issue. Each guy has his own routine of dealing with it, and it's not hard to figure a way to dump legally

Basically you are making a lot of assumptions that are based on what? certainly not experience.

I feel like I'm being real clear with stating what I feel to be the truth, I don't know why your lost here, or wondering if I'm joking or not.
"
Now if con told what I just told you you would say, "thanks Con, you sure know your stuff" Or if Lefty told you what I just told you , "Thanks Lefty you sure know your stuff"

But your gona come back and argue the point with me aren't you? lol
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Good, I feel the same way.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: