The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Your Good Friend Calls....
You know my thoughts, but will still voice them.

I love what Shorty wrote and what Con wrote... give him that "toothbrush" and desire and he can make it work.

Really hard to beat a Trinity Profit machine to start. Super simple, easy to use (almost foolproof), using TRS org and the clubhouse/phone numbers almost unlimited help-coaching. Now virtually no moving parts to break.

Almost as fast as the CM on commercial and with practice almost un-noticed-especially under 6-8000sf. Simple pad change to do EXCELLENT work on tile/grout (demo in minutes while cleaning carpet), wood, strip VCT dry or with water, etc. -all floor surfaces. Cleaned apartments, Blockbuster store (~5000sf), and high end home, rental duplex all today (One with cleaning and significant odor issues): also started work in a 'class A' office building that we will mostly finish on Saturday: all Profit model work today and will be in office building on Saturday.

Soon will have wheels up/down option, have spray options, etc. Also can use about any pad including fiber pads.

Profit is $2995.00 brand new, stepson is around $450.00 brand new. Pads, products, wallpaper steamer.. and shazaam... Monday and Wednesday night 'clubhouse' meetings/training/Q&A is free at least for now, etc.

Cars? I ran Breeze/Easy Glides out of PtCruiser's for years: a coworker even bought a brand new TINY Chevy Aveo, lowered the back of the back seat and 'poof' was out running appointments at 32 mpg. You could EASILY do that same thing with a Profit model.

Especially now, they are virtually indestructible even at the larger orbit, even with over 90lb headweight.

This week we should have some video of the prototype testing with the wheels down option... so far so good, just need to really see if it will make it as comfortable as the CM model on larger work... ALSO, the other big news will be a stouter handle release so it will stay 'stiffer' pulling up stairs AND now also adding 10" versus 8" wheels... again helping with stairs :-)... fat old guys like me just love this part.

Yes, it will be "easy" add these changes to existing units... Like mine :-)...
Coby Gibson
formerly: www.45Clean.com
CobyGibson@me.com

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Cleaning dude, how did you come up with $150 for window cleaning? you need a 26 ft extension ladder, and a 6 ft step ladder and an extension pole, plus the cleaning gear, and a few months of trial n error to be good at it, (or someone to show you the ropes) plus the internal fortitude to work at heights and crawl around roofs and what not. and or a water pole feed system, plus a roof top rack on vehicle to hold ladders, or a pick up truck , or large van to store ladders in side.

not as easy as one might think, but once all the gear and training is done and if a guy is cut out to put his life on the line working of ladders and such, then there is virtually no more over head to be paid and can be a profitable venture .

For the above reasons most start up window cleaners go out of bizzness the first 3 months or maybe make it a year at best. I see about 5 new companies a year and the next year they are all gone and 5 more start ups take their place. Certainly can be done but it takes more then 150 bucks, and it takes some dedication to get the hang of it and learn how to not die.

unless you just want to do store front windows, but the real money is in high end residential work and you need all of the above to pull it off.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2013, 10:44 AM)Andy Mc Wrote: Cleaning dude, how did you come up with $150 for window cleaning? you need a 26 ft extension ladder, and a 6 ft step ladder and an extension pole, plus the cleaning gear, and a few months of trial n error to be good at it, (or someone to show you the ropes) plus the internal fortitude to work at heights and crawl around roofs and what not. and or a water pole feed system, plus a roof top rack on vehicle to hold ladders, or a pick up truck , or large van to store ladders in side.

not as easy as one might think, but once all the gear and training is done and if a guy is cut out to put his life on the line working of ladders and such, then there is virtually no more over head to be paid and can be a profitable venture .

For the above reasons most start up window cleaners go out of bizzness the first 3 months or maybe make it a year at best. I see about 5 new companies a year and the next year they are all gone and 5 more start ups take their place. Certainly can be done but it takes more then 150 bucks, and it takes some dedication to get the hang of it and learn how to not die.

unless you just want to do store front windows, but the real money is in high end residential work and you need all of the above to pull it off.

Good post Andy.

To add, one can start out with either a 4' or 6' ladder and tackle the 2nd story windows from the inside. If you are scared of Heights (like i am), then you better get really good with a extension pole! This would be a lot safer imo.

I have a 16 and 20' ladder and try to leave them home as often as possible. There are ways around heights. Like Andy said above, invest in a water fed pole....

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
Carpet Cleaning Salinas, Monterey, Pebble Beach Ca
ProGreen Kleen & Floor Care
http://Progreenkleen.net
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Andy,

My window budget was based more on the parameters that E laid out. Specifically exterior residential since it would be a commercial only business to start.

When did I ever say it would be easy?
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Also, another business I would tell this friend to take a long, hard look at is pest control.

These guys make decent money. The outlay for equipment is minimal as well (as compared to HWE carpet cleaning). I met a guy about a year ago that had a three truck operation. He was telling me that it cost $2,500.00 to outfit a Ford Ranger with the most modern of tank and spray systems.

Also, that particular business has a pretty solid barrier to entry. You cannot (in Nevada, and most stats as I understand it) own your own pest control business with out passing an extensive state issued test. Further, you need to work for another fully licensed company for at least two years.

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
No problem Dude just disregard my post on the window cleaning thing, sounds like you got it figured out,

In regards to the pesticide applicator,

Some of this depends on what state you live in, but the licensing, regulations, and insurance requirements for pest control can be insanely high, to get an operators license (I just found out) in my state you have to have a $250,000 bank account set aside for some sort of insurance purpose.

Yes I have experience in this line of work as well, not easy to get into, you also have to have a shop that fits certain requirement's for storage and waist of pesticides , etc lots or regulations to follow. If you screw up on one little thing and they get you on it could be a $100,000 fine,

A guy needs to think about this before getting into it.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I don't think I have window cleaning figured out at all. The numbers was a guesstimate. If the cost is more than $150.00 for single story exterior commercial start up then so be it. Would love to hear the true cost.

The bug guy I talked to spoke about bonding for the numbers you suggested, but not needing that much cash on hand. This seems unreasonable. That would eliminate 99% of any possible competition and we would only have Orkin and Terminex type companies out there. Are you sure it's not a bond similar to what a WDR would carry?

Not arguing, just asking.

Yes, storage is an issue. Most pool cleaners deal with the same thing. But again, they often do well too. Insurance is always a drag. I carry GL and WC. Month in and month out.

In Nevada there are two common licenses (as I understand it). One is for a tech that would work for a company. The other would be for a company 'manager' or owner who would procure and store chemicals. The latter license being the more difficult to get.

Still, I do think the work in some respects might be a a little more straight forward. Not to mention a far more predictable income. Have you seen these guys on a route? I do from time to time. Often times they are putting around the yard and in and out in 5 minutes. Truly spray 'n go, LOL. A good friend of mine uses one. One visit per month at $35.00 a pop.

Here's something from the BLS, not sure if it's accurate or not, but interesting nonetheless:

Employment for pest control workers is expected to increase by 26 percent from 2010 to 2020, according to the BLS. This is far faster than the 14 percent predicted for all jobs in all industries, and also more than the 12 percent forecast for all building and grounds maintenance occupations. Because of concerns over the environment and health, more people prefer to use pest control services, rather than trying to control pests on their own. Areas with the largest populations and pests, such as in the South, will provide excellent opportunities.

(09-12-2013, 02:28 PM)Andy Mc Wrote: No problem Dude just disregard my post on the window cleaning thing, sounds like you got it figured out,

In regards to the pesticide applicator,

Some of this depends on what state you live in, but the licensing, regulations, and insurance requirements for pest control can be insanely high, to get an operators license (I just found out) in my state you have to have a $250,000 bank account set aside for some sort of insurance purpose.

Yes I have experience in this line of work as well, not easy to get into, you also have to have a shop that fits certain requirement's for storage and waist of pesticides , etc lots or regulations to follow. If you screw up on one little thing and they get you on it could be a $100,000 fine,

A guy needs to think about this before getting into it.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
The nice thing about Window cleaning being an add on is.... it's an add on. $150 (basic tools) will definitely get you going for single level cleaning.

Just pick and choose window cleaning jobs until you get comfortable working off of a ladder.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
Carpet Cleaning Salinas, Monterey, Pebble Beach Ca
ProGreen Kleen & Floor Care
http://Progreenkleen.net
Reply }}
Thanks given by: