The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.23 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
want to see my filter?
Had a good time toady cleaning for a friend, He has that horrable PET frizz ahy carpet. Hold oils like crazy. Plus he has a huge dog , half blood hound , half lab, lots of dog body oil soaked in this carpet, tons of embed hair and what not.

Here is what I got in my filter, kinda hard to tell how deep it is in the video, but Iwould say loaded almost half full, weighed at least a couple pounds. (some of the wet weight)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSuPhiyRfVg&feature=youtu.be

Job in progress ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9AXU5t7OuM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu7VwP3Y40k
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
BlasphemeI will get you
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-19-2013, 05:10 PM)Andy Mc Wrote: Had a good time toady cleaning for a friend, He has that horrable PET frizz ahy carpet. Hold oils like crazy. Plus he has a huge dog , half blood hound , half lab, lots of dog body oil soaked in this carpet, tons of embed hair and what not.

Here is what I got in my filter, kinda hard to tell how deep it is in the video, but Iwould say loaded almost half full, weighed at least a couple pounds. (some of the wet weight)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSuPhiyRfVg&feature=youtu.be

Job in progress ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9AXU5t7OuM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu7VwP3Y40k

First off, what is "PET frizz ahy" carpet? This some new technical term I am not familiar with?

Second, microfiber pads / OP cleaning is not designed to extract dry particulate, pet hair, or staple yarns. That is what pre vacuuming and post vacuuming is for using the OP method. I am surprised with your past experience with OP you still don't know the basics of how the systems works.

Third, did you pre-vacuum this job?

Forth, is that a staple yarn carpet?

Fifth, nothing flushes out more crap out of a carpet better or faster than a RotoVac or RX20....of course, there are some problems and down sides to that equipment also.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Paul you nailed it LOL

Andy all that dry particulate in your filter only demonstrates that you are just another hwe hack. Proper pre vacuuming is mandatory for any cc method in order to produce a proper result. For your own benefit you should go back in 2 weeks and reclean that carpet with a good pre vacuum so you can see for yourself how bad of a job you did.

I have redone these hack jobs from other cleaners so often that I can almost see the crud that is lurking in that carpet you are so proud of.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Here are Andy's videos embedded for those not wishing to click:

I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
did I see part of a dyson vacuum in the picture some where

Well most of the time I pre vacuum and I use a dyson animal and still have to clean the pre filter for the truck mount.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
You guys crack me up, so ez to get you all bent out of shape. My friend vacuumed before I got there, and I also vacuumed (Ron Werner style) like a mad man with my Dyson.

Paul , PET is the kind of carpet fiber made with recycled plastic, frizz ahe is the style , kind of like a shag.

Stapae fibers?? lol tomorrow I will dump the filter and show a video so all you stone throwers can eat crow.

Mardie call me a hack to my face, I dare you!
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Nice videos Andy!

That was just nasty. The 360i is just straight up cheating man!
Carpet Cleaning Salinas, Monterey, Pebble Beach Ca
ProGreen Kleen & Floor Care
http://Progreenkleen.net
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-20-2013, 12:24 AM)Andy Mc Wrote: You guys crack me up, so ez to get you all bent out of shape. My friend vacuumed before I got there, and I also vacuumed (Ron Werner style) like a mad man with my Dyson.

Paul , PET is the kind of carpet fiber made with recycled plastic, frizz ahe is the style , kind of like a shag.

Stapae fibers?? lol tomorrow I will dump the filter and show a video so all you stone throwers can eat crow.

LOL Maybe you need a course on vacuuming also.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(10-20-2013, 12:24 AM)Andy Mc Wrote: You guys crack me up, so ez to get you all bent out of shape. My friend vacuumed before I got there, and I also vacuumed (Ron Werner style) like a mad man with my Dyson.

lol...no one is bent out of shape here Andy. I do a lot of low moisture cleaning with my Trinity, but also have a truck mount and a RotaVac 360i. I might have used HWE method for that job myself, but can't say for sure without seeing it in person. But your statement in the video about it taking 700 microfiber pads to clean all that crap out of the carpet is just silly, and makes a false comparison with low moisture cleaning.

Polyester carpets are usually (if not always, I am not sure), made from staple yarns. Some of these short fibers are always going to be pulled out of the yarns when vacuuming and cleaning. So it is no surprise your filter was full of staple fibers. If you go back and re-clean that place tomorrow using the same process, your filter will be full of them again!

Using the OP method on polyester always requires a post vacuum to pick up all the staple yarn fuzz.

Now let's address the pet hair issue. Microfiber pads with scrub strips will actually pick up quite a bit of pet hair. I, like many others, like to use a counter rotating brush machine after pre-spraying to remove pet hair.

So let me be clear. Truck mount HWE using a RotoVac does a hell of a good job cleaning. I might have used that method myself. But I could have also cleaned that carpet just as good with low moisture, using proper techniques, steps, and chemicals.

Now I suppose that bashing low moisture cleaning helps you justify your expensive purchases of HWE equipment, even if you don't realize that is what you are doing. That's fine, I understand that. And I do consider your comment saying it would take 700 microfiber pads to clean that carpet(and laughing) as bashing low moisture. And again, microfiber pads do not absorb staple fibers!!!!Duh
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Mardie- "LOL Maybe you need a course on vacuuming also."

If you ever used a rotovac 360, you would know that no mater how well you vacuum, you will still dig out tons of junk out of the carpet. Especially on one that's loaded with pet hair, and heavy soiled.

So once again Mardie holds him self as an authority on stuff he knows nothing about. Also were is your videos mardie? why don't you show us all how it's done with your Von Shrader?

Paul, I understand what a micro fiber can, and can't hold. the point is , it can't hold the gunk that my filter catches. If I pad cleaned that job I would have used 3 or 4 pads, after a heavy pre scrub, no way could I have pulled all the junk out of that carpet with 4 or 5 pads. and No way would it come out with a post vac,

That stuff is deep embedded pet hair and grime that a normal vac wont get, plus it sticks to the oil soaked carpet and won't release to be vaced out. this carpet is not the kind that sheds fiber, some of the apartments I do, have PET carpet that does shed like crazy, I get a ton of fuzz in my Dyson dirt cup after pre vac, But NOT so with this particular job.

A good crb pre scrub might have pulled much of it out, but then again it's still not going in to the pads, to be removed. Would have to still post vac like a mad man after the carpet is dry.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Here you go Paul, what your going to see is a mud cake held to[/b]gether by a wet paste of dog hair, not staple fiber.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-paVrvK17c
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
It's easy to embed the clips if you want.

Click the little TV screen in the menu above the posting area. Select YouTube from the drop down menu and just add the clip.

(10-20-2013, 01:42 PM)Andy Mc Wrote: Here you go Paul, what your going to see is a mud cake held to[/b]gether by a wet paste of dog hair, not staple fiber.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-paVrvK17c

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Holy crap man, that is a ton of muck there.

So, that was a brand new filter when you started Andy?

It takes me a full week to get my filter that dirty with just a wand. That speaks volumes of how good the 360i digs!
Carpet Cleaning Salinas, Monterey, Pebble Beach Ca
ProGreen Kleen & Floor Care
http://Progreenkleen.net
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
No doubt a bout it, the difference is the rotovac. It would take me 3 or 4 average jobs with a glided wand to get that much in the filter.

I would say the rotovac even digs up more then a CRB. You have the digging action combined with 15 inch's of vac lift, and flushing action blasting stuff lose going on all at the same time.

Not needed on every job, but jobs like this , it's nice to have.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Andy the VS LMX will dig more crud out of a carpet than any rotary will. I think your problem is that you are comparing your rotary 360i to a wand which is one of the worst tools their is for getting crud out of a carpet. Your rotary may work way better than a wand but it still just a rotary and just rides across the carpet surface. The VS LMX has the largest brush in the CC industry and it digs from the bottom up, pulling everything up and out of the carpet.Tongue
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Have you done any side-by-side removal comparison of the CRB and 360i?

(10-20-2013, 03:35 PM)Andy Mc Wrote: No doubt a bout it, the difference is the rotovac. It would take me 3 or 4 average jobs with a glided wand to get that much in the filter.

I would say the rotovac even digs up more then a CRB. You have the digging action combined with 15 inch's of vac lift, and flushing action blasting stuff lose going on all at the same time.

Not needed on every job, but jobs like this , it's nice to have.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
No, but I have used both long enough to form an educated opinion.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
More opinions.....LOL
[/b]
John "PadMan" Geurkink
Trinity Renewal Systems
The Grandfather of OP
Encap Carpet Cleaning Machines
I was OP when OP wasn't cool
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
"I think your problem is that you are comparing your rotary 360i to a wand which is one of the worst tools their is for getting crud out of a carpet."

Certainly agree a wand is one of the worst inventions for carpet cleaning. Glides however are a beautiful thing if you must use that awful tool

Con
26 yrs in Alberta Canada. 2 truck & full rug plant operation. Cleanco Compact 47 TMs with RXs. Currently a Rock, a CM, & 2 Freedom Trinity, 3 Stepson. GLS20, rotary, 2 brute 17 & 2 breeze 17. 200psi porty. Dehus & dryers. Master tech.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: