The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.25 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tile
Any opinions on whether any of these products can be used or might be good options to clean ceramic or porcelain tile/grout?

I have:
Quantum green
Peroxcellent
Dirt Assassin Green
Intensity Green

And I have a 1/2 gallon of a jug of Trashed Green that's been sitting there for about a year now I could try.

I was thinking of doing a 2 stage cleaning with quantum green first, followed by Peroxcellent last.

My process is I scrub the grout lines with a pole brush, then scrub the floor with host machine and stiff brushes, then OP with a few pads, then would repeat with 2nd product. I know this method is quite slow, but I only do a few of these jobs a year so investing thousands of dollars in other equipment doesn't seem to make much sense.

Thanks for any input.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
My only concern is that if you didn't rinse it with water you might leave that powder type residue from the polymers.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Perhaps you could use really wet pads to rinse with.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Grant, you can use any one of those products for tile & grout. I would choose Peroxcellent or Intensity. Make sure if you use Peroxcellent, it doesn't get on any marble, else it could etch it.

If you follow with a slightly damp or even dry pad, you will not leave any visible residue... Even if a little residue were left, it would not attract dirt.
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
wow I didn't realize you could use these chemicals
on t &g. I'm goint to try it out. thanks
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Soooooo......just spray on and scrub with an agiclean pad or something like that?
what's the procedure?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-14-2011, 08:24 AM)Brian R Wrote: Soooooo......just spray on and scrub with an agiclean pad or something like that?
what's the procedure?

Yes, and follow with a slightly damp pad to mop up.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Coool.

I think I'm going to do a freebie for a custy to try it out....they eat that stuff up.

Does the OP make it splash too much?

Will Peroxcellent etch stainless?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-14-2011, 08:55 AM)Brian R Wrote: Coool.

I think I'm going to do a freebie for a custy to try it out....they eat that stuff up.

You can get splash with OP... Use minimal amount of solution.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Groovy...I'll keep you posted.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:

(03-14-2011, 08:58 AM)Steve Smith Wrote:
(03-14-2011, 08:55 AM)Brian R Wrote: Coool.

You can get splash with OP... Use minimal amount of solution.

I've only used Anomaly on T&G, but what I was told was to mix it 50:50 and just do a LIGHT pre-spray. It won't splash and works slightly quicker.

I've been playing with my new (to me) Hybrid 35 CRB with the T&G brushes on my garage floor (cause I'm not chicken). And I've found that it doesn't splash AT ALL!. Scrubs the heck out of a smooth floor and leaves it almost dry (with renovator trays). I never bought a T&G brush for my Orbot but, if the CRB works as good on T&G as it does on a smooth floor, I don't think I'll bother. I'll post whenever I get a job to do with the CRB.
Brent

Keep it Clean, Keep it Longer.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Jeff from HOS was showing off the new (think it's new) tile brush with uneven bristles. He was saying the weight set is a must. Looked like it would do the trick.

He was also showing me how to polish marble with the different pads etc.
I need some practice.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
marble polishing with an orbot?? gunna need some serious weight if your really do anything more than shine I would think

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-28-2011, 10:11 AM)Con Schultz Wrote: marble polishing with an orbot?? gunna need some serious weight if your really do anything more than shine I would think

Con

You can get serious weight for the Orbot Con. If I remember correctly the weight set is 40lbs and you can add a lot more if you wish.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: