The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.23 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkey pads
Steve those cotton pads you sold me are AWESOME! I see now why Con horded them all. If you can find a sorce for these things I think you'd have some steady buyers. They'er great for trashed traffic lanes and they seem much more gental than the cottons I'm used to. Machine runs nearly as smooth as it does with glads when using a small glider.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-29-2011, 09:44 AM)Andy Mc Wrote: Steve those cotton pads you sold me are AWESOME! I see now why Con horded them all. If you can find a sorce for these things I think you'd have some steady buyers. They'er great for trashed traffic lanes and they seem much more gental than the cottons I'm used to. Machine runs nearly as smooth as it does with glads when using a small glider.
Turkey pad ? 100% cotton?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
toooooo bad they are all sold... with a standing order from anyone who has them for 1-200 more....

LOL

Con

johnny tried getting more from Turkey but the 2nd batch was not even close to the original turkey towel. I have no idea how 1 batch is great & the next is a lemon
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Sorry Andy, I have not way of getting more Turkey Pads... I got those from John a few years ago and had forgot that I had them. I found them underneath some other stored things. All gone now.I'm sorry
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I'm convinced that the Glad pads and Steve's combo pads are not supposed to be used with a velcro driver.

I haven't been able to keep either one of them on for very long.
The combo pads are awesome until they start folding on me.

The Super Zorbs from HOS work the best for me right now. They stay on great, really clean well and I seem to get a good scrub from them.

They just look like hell after a few uses.

Is there another type of drive I can put on the Orbot? The velcro driver holds the Tuway type pads really well but those and the super zorbs are about it.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
It's not the Velcro. I've used glads sence the day they were born with Challenger's velcro driver and obitec defender velcro driver, and a CCS commercial breeze velcro /brush driver. Never had a problem running em. Somthing else is wrong. I also know several guys with orbots that run glads with no problems . Are you having issues on all carpets? some carpets like PET will peal the pad off if your fighting the up hill battle.(moving the machine were it don't want to go)
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
If you guys would use microfiber pads you wouldn't have that trouble. Outlast all other cotton and combo pads. I wish Steve would stock these. I have to order elsewhere, but one pad can be wrung out and used to clean an entire home, and they clean so much better.Wink
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-29-2011, 05:23 PM)kelbev Wrote: If you guys would use microfiber pads you wouldn't have that trouble. Outlast all other cotton and combo pads. I wish Steve would stock these. I have to order elsewhere, but one pad can be wrung out and used to clean an entire home, and they clean so much better.Wink
What machine are you using them under?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-29-2011, 05:18 PM)Andy Mc Wrote: It's not the Velcro. I've used glads sence the day they were born with Challenger's velcro driver and obitec defender velcro driver, and a CCS commercial breeze velcro /brush driver. Never had a problem running em. Somthing else is wrong. I also know several guys with orbots that run glads with no problems . Are you having issues on all carpets? some carpets like PET will peal the pad off if your fighting the up hill battle.(moving the machine were it don't want to go)

I've tried the Glads and the combos on different carpets. Someone told me these are not the Glads they used to be.

I'll post a pick of the Glad after using it.

The combos might be getting too wet? Or are they too big maybe?

The super zorbs are a good size...Glads too small...combos may be a bit big. Seems to not hold on if they get too wet maybe
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Here's the Glad pad...sorry for Hijacked
I probably should have started another. I'm sorry

[Image: gladpads.jpg]
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I got glads back when they first came out and they did the same thing.

But they never got worse.

I seem to recall they did the run thing and then stopped.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I don't care so much how they look...I just want them to stay on the damn pad driver. lol

They seem a little small and thin...almost like they're not there when I'm running the machine...until they fold.

My velcro wasn't that bad either...Only been running the machine maybe a couple months but not even at a job a day average....It sat for a while at first.

And if the Super Zorbs stick with no problem...the others should as well...right?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
OOps... may bad.

I missed where they fall off of your machine.

Never mind.

Look....licorice.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I am with Andy here. I think there is something else wrong Brian...driver?

I have had the same glads forever that I bought a long time ago and used them under the Challenger and my 175 a lot! Hell, I even have an old glad that Andy gave me a long time ago when he bought my Recoil (2-3 years ago) and it still looks good (actually cleaner than my newer glads)?

None of my glads have ran (run?) like that at all?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I bought 50 glads last August and I haven't had any trouble with them. I had 'em under my Oreck Lowboy, CCS commercial breeze, and now the Orbot. Glads stay under all of them, especially the Orbot. Maybe try holding your tongue the other way.

I had a couple run like yours Brian when I was using the Oreck with the nubs. But the velcro seems to hole 'em good. And the tuways, good God. Seems like the the whole driver is going to come off when I pull on them. They stick so good, I have to put a glider between the driver and the tuway so they don't stick as bad.

I think I'd try changing the velcro. Maybe it was made on a Monday?
Brent

Keep it Clean, Keep it Longer.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Brian, please post pic of your driver plate bottom, something is not right. The pad 'looks fine' with the strings it may eventually get twice that bad, but then it just seems to stop there - I have no idea why.

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Huh I'm still confused on what is the best pad to use
for residential encapping and commerical. Glads? Tuway?
Fiber plus ? Or fiber plus max? What are your thoughts
Steve?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I was looking at my pad driver and it's getting more and more caked with lint from the super zorbs. It wasn't so bad when I tried the other pads and I do try to keep it cleaned out. Pulling lint with fingers and I have a small brush that helps....not too abrasive.

I'm going to change the plate and use ONLY the glads or combos and see what happens.

I'm wondering if the super zorbs actually screw up the pad driver with a little bit of lint and maybe stick so well that they "pull" the velcro loopies and make it so they don't stick as well?

Hmmm.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-30-2011, 06:41 AM)Nick P Wrote: Huh I'm still confused on what is the best pad to use
for residential encapping and commerical. Glads? Tuway?
Fiber plus ? Or fiber plus max? What are your thoughts
Steve?

It is a matter of choice... like fords and chevys.
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Brian,
I seem to remember seeing your Orbot without a pad under it in the back of your truck. After you put a new Velcro layer on your orbot try never putting the velcro down on anything but a pad.

Rick

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking...

Henry Ford
Reply }}
Thanks given by: