The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.23 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkey pads
(03-30-2011, 08:05 AM)Rick Imby Wrote: Brian,
I seem to remember seeing your Orbot without a pad under it in the back of your truck. After you put a new Velcro layer on your orbot try never putting the velcro down on anything but a pad.

Rick

I hear ya...I was thinking of that as well. I have the "grooved" bedliner so I didn't think it mattered that much. I think I will keep an agiclean pad under it at all times from now on.

Thanks
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
After trying a combo pad last night I can see why those might have a hartime staying on. Those puppies are dang heavy when wet! They seem to be well made and should last (we'll see) they do seem to clean as well if not better than glads, just not quite as gental.

I assume with use and more washin they'll shrink down a bit and not be so heavy.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Brian, post a pic of your pad driver, please
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2011, 07:38 AM)PadMan Wrote: Brian, post a pic of your pad driver, please

I'm switching it out today and I'll post a pick of the one I'm taking off.

It's getting a little white from the superzorb pads. I'm sure that's part of the problem.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
When I bought my Vento, it came with a velcro driver on & in the box a velcro driver w/ brushes on the outer 1/3rd, just like John's. Took off the velcro driver after a couple of days. It wouldn't hold the glads.

3 years later, still using the brush/velcro driver. The brushes are needed to hold the pads.

If I had to with clean with just the velcro driver, I wouldn't clean. Anther HOS POS....
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I was wondering if Brians unit could have the motor mis-wired & its running backwards???

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Con I think it's Brian that's mis wired and running backwards.
Tongue
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Confused thanks Rich.

It's just velcro...worked really well at first.

What other options do I have?

This is the one I have
[Image: sb-driver.jpg]

Oh, and it runs clockwise. lol

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
That's the one that kept folding over and spitting out my pads. See if Steve can get you a pad driver with brushes from HOS. They will not deal with you directly...

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Do they even have a brush pad driver for the machine. I thought the only brush they had was for T&G. I haven't had that problem with my machine. Hmm!!!!
Nick
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
It just seems like the velcro is too flat....this is my first rodeo with velcro for a pad driver.

I'm used to the bristle type drivers.

If they have something else I would like to see it and possibly try it because this is the only thing I'm not liking about the whole process right now.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I don't know of any other driver available from HOS. It is odd that some seem to have trouble with it and others have no trouble.

Call Bonny Joy Geurkink and see if he will sell you some of his special "Plastic" velcro. That stuff is awesome! I bet that is what he is using on his new machine.
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
The brush style drivers sucked on mine..... too.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Well hell...I guess I am just going to have to kee a fresh supply of velcro plates.

Steve, what do you charge for them things? I think someone told me just to reglue some more onto the plate....but I'm not sure I'm cool like that. Big Grin
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2011, 08:35 AM)Brian R Wrote: Well hell...I guess I am just going to have to kee a fresh supply of velcro plates.

Steve, what do you charge for them things? I think someone told me just to reglue some more onto the plate....but I'm not sure I'm cool like that. Big Grin

Sorry, as I have said before, we don't give HOS pricing over the internet. (One of their rules, not mine!)

I really believe the best option is to call John and get some of his fantastic plastic velcro. Problem solved! I think Richard did that, but not sure.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2011, 08:50 AM)Steve Smith Wrote:
(04-02-2011, 08:35 AM)Brian R Wrote: Well hell...I guess I am just going to have to kee a fresh supply of velcro plates.

Sorry, as I have said before, we don't give HOS pricing over the internet. (One of their rules, not mine!)

I really believe the best option is to call John and get some of his fantastic plastic velcro. Problem solved! I think Richard did that, but not sure.

I hear ya. can you pm his number to me?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Carpet Care Systems: 859-744-3311
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I just took a pic of my replacement velcro for my Orbot, and a velcro the John G, sent me for my Commercial Breeze. The top one's the Orbot, bottom piece is CCS.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Brent

Keep it Clean, Keep it Longer.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I still think the problem might lie in not leaving a pad on the velcro all the time.

But then what do I know....
Quality means doing it right when no one is looking...

Henry Ford
Reply }}
Thanks given by: