The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.25 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NON SCENTED PEROXELLENT
Any plans for a version of this?

I'm getting into areas where they don't want a scent.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-30-2011, 04:53 PM)Jimmy Wrote: Any plans for a version of this?

I'm getting into areas where they don't want a scent.
Iam sure the master chemist will have a better explanation than me but Peroxcellent HAS to have the scent to be effective

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
OK, I'll bite...........what 'areas' do not want a scent?

Is it possible they just dont want a chemical smell?

I'd love to have that chat.

"Phil, we want clean carpet but we do not want it to smell like anything."

me: "Really? Just so we are clear... you want me to use something that smells like nothing to clean your carpets? Do you also want me to be invisible when I do it or just the no smell thing?"

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
jimmy gets into "areas" where we don't want to go, so don't encourage this topic, please.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Some customers are just crazy...they don't want anything at all brought into their house ...but they still want it clean.

Swear to God I want to walk in the house with a HAZMAT uniform on and scare the hell out of them.

Some insist that I use their vacuum...that's usually ok because they are anal enough to buy an expensive one and keep it clean.

Some want me to clean with my shoes off...uh, sorry.

I just tell them...."I clean back wards as to not leave any traces of me or anything I might bring in. I do try to keep your home free of any foreign substances but that's just impossible. I assure you that I will leave your home as clean as humanly possible."

Some still don't get it.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
'No.'

Is a complete sentence.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
There is a non-scented formula in the works... It cleans just as well or slightly better then current version, but it has to be tested for the longevity of the peroxide.

Also, I do not plan to have two versions for sale. If I am satisfied with the longevity of the peroxide of the new version I will try to determine which version the majority of my customers would rather have.

At any rate, if a non-scented version is made it will not be real soon. It takes time to test it well.

I listen to what you guys say and really try to deliver.dance
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Nothing but compliments on the smell of Peroxcellent.

I say keep it the same.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I haven't had an issue with the smell of Peroxcellent.

BUT, if you can make any cleaner with no odor at all...I think we can all agree that's the best way to go.

I doubt seriously you will ever have an anal customer get pissed because they can't smell your cleaner.

But then again...I've dealt with stranger situations so who knows.?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-30-2011, 09:13 PM)Brian R Wrote: I haven't had an issue with the smell of Peroxcellent.

BUT, if you can make any cleaner with no odor at all...I think we can all agree that's the best way to go.

I doubt seriously you will ever have an anal customer get pissed because they can't smell your cleaner.

But then again...I've dealt with stranger situations so who knows.?

Yes but think of the Strange situations your customers have to deal with....

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking...

Henry Ford
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Yeah, some dorky dude walking into their home all hyped up on this new thing called "Peroxcellent" and he just wont just up about it.

"just clean my carpets dumbass!"

Happens to me all the time. Blush
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I vote for an unscented version! Since I cater to a 'green' crowd; they are expecting very limited fragrance from my cleaning process. It all depends on the type of market that you're selling to whether scent matters or not. It matters to my clients. I would LOVE to use Peroxellent more often, I just can't. bummer...
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
When I use a bigger jet on my wand the smell doesn't waft up as much. Then again my sniffer isn't what it used to be.

I have had some say it smells like bubblegum and I laugh because of what's been said here.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I don't mind the smell. I've asked a few customers what they thought of the scent, and they said they didn't really care for it, but they wouldn't have said anything if I didn't ask.

I think it's more of a strong smell, than a bad smell. If the scent was just toned down, I think more people would be satisfied with it.
Brent

Keep it Clean, Keep it Longer.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I am getting 10 - 15% of clients with peroxcellent commenting negatively as per the strawberry scent. & yes I am specifically asking them about it when I have one to ask in person. I have not had 1 client absolutely thrilled with the odor, the stronger emotions on either end of the scale have all been on the negative side.

Steve - can you do a test for me? take a jug of concentrate, stick it in a tote with lid of sorts for 4 - 5 days- then open the lid... tell me what you smell... positive or negative moment of truth?

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Wow this is a great topic!!

I have and love the scent of Peroxellent! I do mostly empty turn overs but have had customers/managers comment on how much they like the smell?

I am a rake and deodorize (on everything!) kinda guy but when using Peroxcellent I don't have to deodorize, just vac and rake! I love that "Big Leaue Chew" smell!

I vote keep it! Sorry......
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
No peroxide based product has a very long shelf life and I like to keep our bottled stock in low supply so that everyone gets a fresh a shipment as possible and that is the reason I don't want to have more than one version.

I might be able to make only a non-scented version and then add the strawberry (bubblegum) scent just before shipment for those that want it.

So far my testing is showing the new version to have an even longer shelf life, but I still need to test it using sunlight as a heat source. Still too cold and cloudy around here, but sunny days should be here soon.

I will also need to test the new formula with a heated spray system to be sure there are no clogging issues when using something like a Hydro-force.

Just curious, do any of your guys use a Hydro-force to lay down the Peroxcellent?
[Image: LogoSmall.jpg]
Products that make you a HERO in your customer's eyes!Rdance
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Some people are sensitive to products with any odor at all. We used to clean some very large commercial accounts that didn't want us to use anything with an odor to it. Very difficult to find at the time.

Why not produce products without odor? Sell some small bottles of scents that can be added by the cleaner when desired.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I love the idea of no scent. I can always lay down a couple of drops of Hels gel in each room for the good smell.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I forgot to bring up the shelf life thing. I had some mixed Peroxcellent in my garage for a couple weeks at least while I was messing with sprayer set ups. It was about 2 gallons worth. I didn't want to waste it...but I didn't want to "need" the cleaning power if it wasn't there.

So I used it on my own house...not real dirty but plenty of cat puke stains.
The Peroxcellent worked really well and the stains are gone...as usual.
Maybe I'll try for a month next time. Big Grin
Reply }}
Thanks given by: