The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My vaccuum purchase based you all's recommendations
I bought one of these  and it got delivered today. I did a test run in my house. It picked up a fair amount of hair and we vacuum pretty regularly.  I am happy with it.

BUT it's heavy as heck!    

Bissell Heavy Duty Vacuum
[-] The following 2 users Like Barry-QDCC's post:
  • Derek, Derek
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Derek

I bought one also when Paul posted about them, actually two, and it is a great vacuum but I did just buy a Royal which I think Paul also recommended, I had a royal several years ago so I knew they were good vac's just no edging tools.
I wanted something that wasn't 99% plastic and I didn't have to replace every 6 months to a year.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Barry, do you know how that dust cup size is compared to the Dyson DC07? bigger or smaller??
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
They do a nice job but I killed two of them. They don't handle heavy pet hair well and will clog. This choked off the airflow to the motor which then overheats.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2016, 10:19 AM)Derek Wrote: Barry, do you know how that dust cup size is compared to the Dyson DC07? bigger or smaller??

I don't. I'll look on the documentation to see if there is any info on size.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2016, 10:19 AM)Derek Wrote: Barry, do you know how that dust cup size is compared to the Dyson DC07? bigger or smaller??

I think the Dyson DC07 dirt cup size is a little bigger, or at least more room in the dirt cup, but the Bissel is more powerful and will pick up more soil.
I've used the DC07, DC14 and the DC17, the DC17 was better at soil removal than the other two and I think equal to the performance of the Bissel.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brown's Carpet Care's post:
  • Derek, Derek
Reply }}
I'm wondering what vacuum is the easiest to clean out? In my experience they all get clogged up with dog hair so I am looking for one that is the easiest to get it cleaned out and back into service.
Tools: Old Blue CCS OP machine, Gem oscillating stair machine, Dyson vacuum, Bissell Proforce vacuum, Vacaway chems, Glad pads, Pump up sprayers. padding

www.smartdrycarpetcleaning.com

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2016, 08:16 AM)Brown Wrote: I bought one also when Paul posted about them, actually two, and it is a great vacuum but I did just buy a Royal which I think Paul also recommended, I had a royal several years ago so I knew they were good vac's just no edging tools.
I wanted something that wasn't 99% plastic and I didn't have to replace every 6 months to a year.

I found a great deal on the 18 inch royal vacuums......Can get them for less than 400.....And of course, gotta buy the shake out bag extra, but does come in handy if your yanking out a few apts in a day.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(03-21-2016, 08:19 AM)infamousdave Wrote: I'm wondering what vacuum is the easiest to clean out? In my experience they all get clogged up with dog hair so I am looking for one that is the easiest to get it cleaned out and back into service.

I use a dyson dc14. Old yeller. It is super heavy duty and really easy to clean any clogs, although I've never clogged it fully. I also post vac when the carpet is still damp and it is still going strong. Customers like it when you bring in a dyson compared to a cheaper vacuum as well. Got mine at a pawn shop for $100.
[-] The following 2 users Like kelbev's post:
  • Derek, Derek
Reply }}
Here it is 6 months later and the vacuum is ka-put.  The height adjustment is broken and I see no way to fix it.  This machine has a supposed lifetime belt and it's all sealed up and you can't get into it to do any fixing or clean-out.  

Sorry I bought it now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Barry-QDCC's post:
  • Derek
Reply }}
sorry to hear that Barry. coincidentally, i just got back from a CGD Client and my 18" Hoover Conquest is Kaput as well. the motor smoked when i plugged it into a different circuit...the only difference between the circuits was the 2nd circuit had stuff running on it. i wonder if too much on a circuit could have blown the Conquest's motor???
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Derek's post:
  • Barry-QDCC
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Barry-QDCC
Check the brushes, Derek, you might get lucky.  I replaced the motor in one of my Conquests a couple of years ago.  The bearings were getting kinda noisy.  Not bad for 20 years of service, give or take.  Love that vacuum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wayne Miller's post:
  • Derek
Reply }}
(09-10-2016, 12:38 PM)Wayne Miller Wrote: Check the brushes, Derek, you might get lucky.  I replaced the motor in one of my Conquests a couple of years ago.  The bearings were getting kinda noisy.  Not bad for 20 years of service, give or take.  Love that vacuum.

how much did motor replacement run you Wayne??

i'll check the brush roll for build-up, thanks!

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Wow, time flies....it was a couple of years ago, it was July of 2012.   I got it from Powr-Flite for $76.58.  It doesn't look like they carry them anymore. Doesn't look like they carry much for Hoover anymore.

I think this is it,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/112116756236?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true
  • Derek
Reply }}
fantastic, thanks Wayne!

so you did it yourself, how difficult is it? i'm not the most handy I'm sorry

another link to purchase for lurkers: https://www.amazon.com/Hoover-Conquest-U...B008MATJXY

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
It's not too bad,  probably more dirty than difficult. lol  You might wanna take a pic before you start.
  • Derek
Reply }}
My dyson is still going strong. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like kelbev's post:
  • Barry-QDCC, Derek
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Derek , Barry-QDCC