The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bigger Bonnets
I am running a 17 inch 175 with 16 inch drive plate. I am able to get 20 inch microfibers locally ,and am wondering if there is any drawback to running the larger bonnets? Thanks for any advice
[-] The following 1 user Likes Twayneb's post:
  • bigchuckie
Reply }}
Thanks given by: bigchuckie
No significant drawback that I'm aware of. Most prefer to have some extra pad on cotton and micro and have the pad flush with the driver when using fiber.
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I always run larger pads and I haven't had any problems. Try 19" pads!! JMO
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-18-2016, 07:01 PM)Twayneb Wrote: I am running a 17 inch 175 with 16 inch drive plate. I am able to get 20 inch microfibers locally ,and am wondering if there is any drawback to running the larger bonnets? Thanks for any advice

The big advantage is you can reach under furniture and deeper into corners
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Didn't think it would matter. I was thinking the same about getting in corners and under things. I guess sometimes when learning new things you question your common sense. The best thing about these pads is,I am able to barter some vacuum repair for them. Thanks for replies.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2016, 08:42 PM)Twayneb Wrote: Didn't think it would matter. I was thinking the same about getting in corners and under things. I guess sometimes when learning new things you question your common sense. The best thing about these pads is,I am able to barter some vacuum repair for them. Thanks for replies.

Only thing for me when running largere pads under my175 ,  when close to a wall  doorway etc, it can catch/bind. I have a bunch of older glads that I have put under a small 175, and have ripped a few that way.  Not a problem with the OP.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Be careful around transitions with the brass nails and baseboard vents. I got my cotton/rayon pad caught on a vent and ripped the damn thing right out of the wall right in front of a client. He just laughed. I was so embarrassed. But hey stuff happens. Replacement vent was 40 no biggie

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Reply }}
Thanks given by: