The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.25 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is better?
A tuway or a microfiber pad and why?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I need to try a microfiber pad.

I use the durapads (similar to tuways I think) and I like them for some carpets.

I hear the microfibers fold a lot.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I tossed my MF pads into the trash.

Tuways rock.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2011, 05:37 PM)C Spot Stop Wrote: I tossed my MF pads into the trash.

Tuways rock.

I know I've asked this before...Are Tuways like Durapads?

sturdy pads with little loopies?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Dont know.

But tuways are as you described.

But so is the hair on my back.

I have an idea.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I've not had much success with the microfibers, I prefer the tuway's.

I have no experience with Phil's back hair pads, but I'm willing to give them a try. Yikes

dance
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Are you guys using the MF under the OP machine? I have a couple of brand new ones but though you could only use them under the 175?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Tuways and durapads are the same thing. I hear to many mixed reveiws on micros. Not worth it IMO.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Yes Edgar I've been unsuccessful using them with the Orbot. The pad driver just doesn't grip them well enough and the will fold under.
You never rolled in the hay
Ya never thrown it in four wheel
Climb on up in here, girl
Let me show ya how country feels

"How Country Feels" Randy Houser

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I think I'm going to give the durapads another whirl. Big Grin
I tried them at first and didn't like them because they really didn't make a difference on the residential carpet.

But I'm older and much wiser now bud. And they're so perty and white...it's like Christmas.

AND the velcro grips it like like an old lady and her husbands wallet.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
OK......so I wasn't sure what a Tuway pad was, so I went to the Tuwaymops.com, and well, I'm still not sure what is being referred to, as I see 6 different bonnets on their site. I see 3 of what I'd call pancakes (2 with scrubber strips), a terry cloth, a cotton/poly, and a microfiber.

As kind of an aside the only micro that I have used is a grey one with blue scrub stripes, I've never seen them anywhere else. They aren't my favorite, but I've had success with them as an in between step using a brush and then a cotton/poly (brush, MF, C/P) on really, really fubar carpet.[/u]
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2011, 08:31 AM)Brian R Wrote: I think I'm going to give the durapads another whirl. Big Grin
I tried them at first and didn't like them because they really didn't make a difference on the residential carpet.

But I'm older and much wiser now bud. And they're so perty and white...it's like Christmas.

AND the velcro grips it like like an old lady and her husbands wallet.

When I use my Tu-ways I get best results when they are fairly wet. It seems like those damn things will hold 4 pounds of water and barely drip.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Have tried all of the microfibers that we could find..they may or may not be okay for rotaries, but won't hold up under any OP, even a Vento.

Glads are our 1st choice, the Tuways and then Cottens if need be.

Steve used to use Tuways (Durapads now?) in his company, because he had employees that did the work. They will hold a bunch of water & a ton of dirt, and leave nice gentle swirlies in the carpet.

[Image: durapad.gif]
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I personally don't care for the tuways. I bought them when I tried Xerion's stuff. (waist of money) They said to use them dry. So I did. But I don't see how you can rinse a carpet using a dry pad. And when used wet, as soon as you hit the button, they're throwing water on the walls. I use glads now, and honestly haven't experimented with other pads, and don't see why I'd need to. Glads rock. If you're getting TB, move your machine faster and go over an area 2 or 3 times.
Brent

Keep it Clean, Keep it Longer.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I have the same opinion as Brent.

However, our different experiences with any specific pad including Tuways whether good or mediocre or bad - is likely more related to the individual machine we are using than the goodnees or badness of the pad of discussion.

IMO

Con
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I've never run them dry.... I spray them (not soak them) on both sides with the juice dejour

That provides enough slippage to get the party started

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I ran them dry at an emtpy house. Carpets were pretty bad...not horrible.
Did a really good job. Berber.

I haven't had a chance to try Glads because they keep folding under my machine.

And they seem to be as thin as a hanky. Are the old ones like that?

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I'm like Mike in that I spray them and not soak them in a bucket to wet them out.

The soak them method is old school and not up to the times.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
There are two or even ... may be 3 ... vlm cleaners that I respect, Mike Charles is one of them ... so now I want to know what a Glad pad is, and where you get them?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2011, 11:29 AM)Pigchip Wrote: There are two or even ... may be 3 ... vlm cleaners that I respect, Mike Charles is one of them ... so now I want to know what a Glad pad is, and where you get them?

I must be the "maybe 3", right?
Reply }}
Thanks given by: