The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malish Driver on an Orbot - Your Opinions Needed
anyone here have a Malish brush driver on their Orbot? i put 1 on the other day, replacing my velcro driver. i used it briefly yesterday, not sure how i like it compared to the velcro. it wouldn't hold onto the MF pad...after 30 seconds the MF would slip out from under the Orbot. i have 6 weight-plates on my Orbot as well.

looking for pro's & con's of the Malish brush driver versus the stock velcro driver.

thanks for your opinions!
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
You need to talk to Rick Gelinas @ Excellence Supply. They have a great option that is not shown on there website, you have to ask them about it. Tell them you want the "Harpoon" driver for the Orbot. I have it on mine and it works well...much better than Velcro.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
thanks fred. i already have a brush driver, looking for feedback on how it compares to velcro thanks
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Hey Derek,

I know you already have the brush driver, the "Harpoon" driver is much better (imo) than the Brush driver. The "Harpoon" HOLDS pads much better than brush driver, and probably more important, RELEASES pads way easier without damage to pads or build up in the Velcro that has to be removed.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
How are the harpoon hooks on the pads themselves?
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-24-2016, 12:02 AM)thecleaningdude Wrote: How are the harpoon hooks on the pads themselves?
I have had NO PROBLEMS, they hold all pads, and don't chew them up when you take them off (they harpoon them). *its a very thin black plastic that is almost identical to the Velcro set up! The balance is the same as it was before. A lot of guys who have a modified red brush driver have complained of shaking/balance issues
[-] The following 2 users Like Fred's post:
  • thecleaningdude, tig
Reply }}
Thanks given by: thecleaningdude , tig
i got mine from Mike Craig aka FloorCareMD. he built it with a Malish brush driver. i didn't notice any extra vibration, but i've only used it once.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-25-2016, 12:28 PM)Derek Wrote: i got mine from Mike Craig aka FloorCareMD. he built it with a Malish brush driver. i didn't notice any extra vibration, but i've only used it once.

I think the ES driver is the exact same thing....have you tried using slightly damp pads under the driver? Are you using weights?
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
just got home from a small resi job where i used it for a 2nd time. i'm impressed with the results! i've cleaned this Client's carpet twice previously with the stock Orbot velcro driver. today, the Malish driver from FloorCareMD (Mike Craig) really dug in more than the velcro ever did. using wet glad pads, i noticed only a very SLIGHT increase in the amount of vibration. it was well worth it for the results it gave. i post-padded with a dry MF with scrub strips. carpet came out better than ever. i highly recommend Mike's bristle driver for any Orbot owner out there.

hi Damon, yea i always keep 6 weight plates on the Orbot at all times Big Grin  padding

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-27-2016, 12:45 PM)Derek Wrote: just got home from a small resi job where i used it for a 2nd time. i'm impressed with the results! i've cleaned this Client's carpet twice previously with the stock Orbot velcro driver. today, the Malish driver from FloorCareMD (Mike Craig) really dug in more than the velcro ever did. using wet glad pads, i noticed only a very SLIGHT increase in the amount of vibration. it was well worth it for the results it gave. i post-padded with a dry MF with scrub strips. carpet came out better than ever. i highly recommend Mike's bristle driver for any Orbot owner out there.

hi Damon, yea i always keep 6 weight plates on the Orbot at all times Big Grin  padding
Great to know Derek! What is he charging for the driver?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
since you asked, a new one runs $275.00 plus shipping

coming soon too ... replacement orbot metal decks and spray tip mounts.
stainless or aluminum.

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-28-2016, 11:21 AM)Derek Wrote: since you asked, a new one runs $275.00 plus shipping

coming soon too ... replacement orbot metal decks and spray tip mounts.
stainless or aluminum.

When is he gonna have those?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
i don't know sorry Fred. i would guess it won't be too terribly long. send him a pm on the forums here: http://nostickyresidue.com/forum/private.php?action=send&uid=897

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
275 ! Lol ouch
Or...you could watch my video that he probably used to create these in the first place

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
Dustin

www.CleanTechCleaners.com
www.CleanTechsk.com

Grumpy,cm,cimex, 175's 13"-20",square pad,cyclo's,stepson wannabe
aerotech tm (actually KNOW how to use it Tongue), ninja portable, steamin demon(tsunami)
[-] The following 1 user Likes cleantech's post:
  • thecleaningdude
Reply }}
Thanks given by: thecleaningdude
i did watch someone's vid....not sure if it was yours or his.?. but i screwed it up, that's how mechanically-challenged i am Bang Head

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-29-2016, 04:21 PM)Derek Wrote: i did watch someone's vid....not sure if it was yours or his.?. but i screwed it up, that's how mechanically-challenged i am Bang Head

I'd like to watch the video if anybody has it.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
this is the pad driver that I made way back. 
Extremely easy to do this, just have to visit a machine shop for a 3/16 piece of aluminium and attach to a Malish pad driver.

What does the " harpoon " driver look like? 

you can also get this longed hook pad from Malish, its meant to be a replacement Pad for other drivers. You just neeed the pad it self then attach it to the original orbot pad driver. Throw out the velcro 

Dustin

www.CleanTechsk.com

aerotech tm (actually KNOW how to use it Tongue), ninja portable, steamin demon(tsunami)
[-] The following 2 users Like cleantech's post:
  • Derek, thecleaningdude
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Derek , thecleaningdude
Sweet
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-30-2016, 04:25 PM)cleantech Wrote: this is the pad driver that I made way back. 
Extremely easy to do this, just have to visit a machine shop for a 3/16 piece of aluminium and attach to a Malish pad driver.

What does the " harpoon " driver look like? 

you can also get this longed hook pad from Malish, its meant to be a replacement Pad for other drivers. You just neeed the pad it self then attach it to the original orbot pad driver. Throw out the velcro 

What's advantage/disadvantage to drilling holes & Sanding?
-Does the Orbot still run smooth, or does it get rough?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
From memory the factory pad driver+ Velcro plate weighed around 3.5 pounds?
The bristle is a little more so by removing a bit it ran smootherSmile

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
Dustin

www.CleanTechsk.com

Reply }}
Thanks given by: