The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.23 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malish Driver on an Orbot - Your Opinions Needed
(05-02-2016, 06:30 PM)cleantech Wrote: From memory the factory pad driver+ Velcro plate weighed around 3.5 pounds?
The bristle is a little more so by removing a bit it ran smootherSmile

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Dustin put a lot of time and money into developing the modded driver that has since been emulated....
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
i for one did not know that it was emulated...interesting Idea
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I think Dustin posted his conversion vids roughly 4 years ago. I think the other mods have been in production for maybe 2 years or so. 

But who knows, I could be wrong.   Huh
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(04-20-2016, 11:51 AM)Derek Wrote: anyone here have a Malish brush driver on their Orbot? i put 1 on the other day, replacing my velcro driver. i used it briefly yesterday, not sure how i like it compared to the velcro. it wouldn't hold onto the MF pad...after 30 seconds the MF would slip out from under the Orbot. i have 6 weight-plates on my Orbot as well.

looking for pro's & con's of the Malish brush driver versus the stock velcro driver.

thanks for your opinions!

My malish brush driver hold pad and bonnet well
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2016, 09:10 PM),aledavidov Wrote:
(04-20-2016, 11:51 AM)Derek Wrote: anyone here have a Malish brush driver on their Orbot? i put 1 on the other day, replacing my velcro driver. i used it briefly yesterday, not sure how i like it compared to the velcro. it wouldn't hold onto the MF pad...after 30 seconds the MF would slip out from under the Orbot. i have 6 weight-plates on my Orbot as well.

looking for pro's & con's of the Malish brush driver versus the stock velcro driver.

thanks for your opinions!

My malish brush driver hold pad and bonnet well
Now that you've been using it for awhile how do you like it?
Is there vibration issues?
Does yours look like Derek's? (Video above)
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
not sure if you're asking me Fred.?. i've only used it 2-3 times for my occasional resi project. no more vibration than i stated before. i like it a lot. only thing was, 1 project had a commercial grade carpet in a spare bedroom...the bristles were going thru the Glad pad and digging into the commercial carpet...machine would barely move! idk what that was about.?. i guess on carpet like that i'll have to use MF's only.

yea mine is exactly the same as the vid.
Currently retired from HWE; VLM only. Commercial Only...well except for the occasional resi job every few weeks.

Carpet Cleaning Rochester NY
Carpet Cleaner Rochester NY

The tools I use or have on the van ... in order from most used, to least used:  Dyson ; 19" Cimex ; Multi-Sprayer ; Orbot ; Oreck-Orbiter ; Hoover-Conquest ; Cyclo Polisher ; DryPod ; 20" Whittaker Trio.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2016, 12:39 AM)thecleaningdude Wrote: Dustin put a lot of time and money into developing the modded driver that has since been emulated....
Allot of time into the other thing I was working on for a driver...until I got the quotes in....like $700 so changed gears and went ultra simple Smile

Dustin

www.CleanTechCleaners.com
www.CleanTechsk.com

Grumpy,cm,cimex, 175's 13"-20",square pad,cyclo's,stepson wannabe
aerotech tm (actually KNOW how to use it Tongue), ninja portable, steamin demon(tsunami)
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2016, 07:06 PM)Derek Wrote: not sure if you're asking me Fred.?. i've only used it 2-3 times for my occasional resi project. no more vibration than i stated before. i like it a lot. only thing was, 1 project had a commercial grade carpet in a spare bedroom...the bristles were going thru the Glad pad and digging into the commercial carpet...machine would barely move! idk what that was about.?. i guess on carpet like that i'll have to use MF's only.

yea mine is exactly the same as the vid.

Run the red brush on rough concrete to smooth brush tips before using it on glad pads. 15-20 mins at least....yes that long
learning something new every minute Hands up Laughing
Carpet Cleaning Naples Florida
my youtube channel

[-] The following 1 user Likes joel hoppe's post:
  • Derek
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Derek
On the orbot at least 50 min with full weight kit and a little more added...

Dustin

www.CleanTechCleaners.com
www.CleanTechsk.com

Grumpy,cm,cimex, 175's 13"-20",square pad,cyclo's,stepson wannabe
aerotech tm (actually KNOW how to use it Tongue), ninja portable, steamin demon(tsunami)
[-] The following 1 user Likes cleantech's post:
  • Derek
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Derek
You can make either one of them work. But if you want to go faster and have better quality i think you know which one to pick.
Reply }}
Thanks given by: