The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual Method Cleaners
Curious, 

How many of you are dual method cleaners? If you are, what % of your business is VLM vs. HWE? 

Thanks!
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Damon, I dual method......started 100% vlm,.....then started HWE only the trashed places I run across, and still vlm'd the standard apt and homes........For the quest for time efficiencies overall on apt carpet, I began using hwe more and more.  I still have some properties that want vlm and I give it to them.......Have some properties that require HWE only....and I give it to them........and all of my commercial work is still vlm............But, as it stands right now...I'm probably 80% hwe,and 20% vlm.
[-] The following 2 users Like timhall's post:
  • Derek, thecleaningdude
Reply }}
Thanks given by: Derek , thecleaningdude
(05-19-2016, 03:34 PM)thecleaningdude Wrote: Curious, 

How many of you are dual method cleaners? If you are, what % of your business is VLM vs. HWE? 

Thanks!

I am the only cleaner in my area that offers dual cleaning methods. I started with VLM and then purchase a T/M ( Steamaction 31/45) unit. I do about 70% vlm and 30% HWE. Both systems have their place in cleaning scenarios and it is very convenient to have the right tools and products to do the job. 

I use the HWE method when: customer requests, pet urine contaminated carpet, tile and grout cleaning and when using the water claw. We charge the same price for each method.
[-] The following 2 users Like Juan Rodriguez's post:
  • Derek, thecleaningdude
Reply }}
Interesting Tim.  I know you service the apt market mainly, and were really sold on VLM and op initially.

for HWE are you still using a S D?  As volume goes up , considering a TM?
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Resi 80% hwe
Commercial 80% vlm

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
Dustin

www.CleanTechCleaners.com
www.CleanTechsk.com

Grumpy,cm,cimex, 175's 13"-20",square pad,cyclo's,stepson wannabe
aerotech tm (actually KNOW how to use it Tongue), ninja portable, steamin demon(tsunami)
[-] The following 1 user Likes cleantech's post:
  • thecleaningdude
Reply }}
Thanks given by: thecleaningdude
(05-24-2016, 06:53 AM)rj 494 Wrote: Interesting Tim.  I know you service the apt market mainly, and were really sold on VLM and op initially.

for HWE are you still using a S D?  As volume goes up , considering a TM?

I am still in the apt market, and plan on staying there, but have been doing a little more commercial, and a little more residential lately.....I still have the steamin demons....and still use them when access isnt ideal, but did buy a TM about a month ago........Of course, now with all that equipment, I can only hold so much with my current van, so I upgraded to a sprinter......and that thing is huge.   Now can hold the tm, a sd, crb, op, vacuum, all my repair tools, chem's, and still have alot of room left to get in there and tap dance if I choose to........
[-] The following 2 users Like timhall's post:
  • Rick Imby, thecleaningdude
Reply }}
Thanks given by: thecleaningdude , Rick Imby
(05-22-2016, 07:56 PM)Juan Rodriguez Wrote:

Thanks!

I am the only cleaner in my area that offers dual cleaning methods. I started with VLM and then purchase a T/M ( Steamaction 31/45) unit. I do about 70% vlm and 30% HWE. Both systems have their place in cleaning scenarios and it is very convenient to have the right tools and products to do the job. 

I use the HWE method when: customer requests, pet urine contaminated carpet, tile and grout cleaning and when using the water claw. We charge the same price for each method.

What about upholstery?
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(05-26-2016, 01:19 AM)thecleaningdude Wrote:
(05-22-2016, 07:56 PM)Juan Rodriguez Wrote:

Thanks!

What about upholstery?

For upholstery I use a Sapphire Upholstery extraction tool with a 3 gal. spot extractor.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
I'm currently a dual method guy as well. I'm probably 50/50 on methods.

However, I'm at the point now where I'd like to focus more on commercial and VLM work and just pass on the HWE and residential work.

I'm really thinking of hanging up the physical HWE side of the biz and going VLM full time again?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Carpet Cleaning Salinas, Monterey, Pebble Beach Ca
ProGreen Kleen & Floor Care
http://Progreenkleen.net
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lefty724's post:
  • thecleaningdude
Reply }}
Thanks given by: thecleaningdude
(05-31-2016, 09:43 AM)Lefty724 Wrote: I'm currently a dual method guy as well. I'm probably 50/50 on methods.

However, I'm at the point now where I'd like to focus more on commercial and VLM work and just pass on the HWE and residential work.

I'm really thinking of hanging up the physical HWE side of the biz and going VLM full time again?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wow---Lefty

You just love to change it up don't you.  I thought with the Saphire setup in your van and your vlm stuff you would be a happy camper...
Are you making too much money or just working too many hours?
Quality means doing it right when no one is looking...

Henry Ford
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Still have the Sapphire 570ss in the back of the van. I've had had it for almost 2 years now and only have 170 hours on it.

I just seem to use VLM a lot more. It fits my business model a little better.

I mostly do empty homes, apartments and commercial buildings and seem to reach for the OP machine a lot more. I have had great success with VLM.

Now, don't get me wrong here. I 100% believe in HWE and think there is a time and place for it, it's just not my preferred method of use. I thought once I got the 570ss/Hoss, I'd hang up the VLM stuff for good....wrong.

I seem to only use the TM for tile, really nasty jobs and upholstery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carpet Cleaning Salinas, Monterey, Pebble Beach Ca
ProGreen Kleen & Floor Care
http://Progreenkleen.net
[-] The following 2 users Like Lefty724's post:
  • Derek, thecleaningdude
Reply }}
98% vlm 2%hwe for just urine spots.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stephen Meyer's post:
  • Derek