The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardwood Floor Questions?
I've got a hardwood cleaning job next week, and I haven't really done any before. I have an orbot and a 175. The lady has bona built up on it so I need to remove that and restore the shine. Would you recommend using the orbot or a 175. I found Basic Coatings Dissolver Floor Polish Remover on Amazon so I thought that should remove the bona. Prespray, scrub, shop vac. Then should I just buff with a white pad or maybe use Lamanator Plus Floor Restorer afterward. Any tips would be appreciated.
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-21-2016, 01:55 PM)kelbev Wrote: I've got a hardwood cleaning job next week, and I haven't really done any before. I have an orbot and a 175. The lady has bona built up on it so I need to remove that and restore the shine. Would you recommend using the orbot or a 175. I found Basic Coatings Dissolver Floor Polish Remover on Amazon so I thought that should remove the bona. Prespray, scrub, shop vac. Then should I just buff with a white pad or maybe use Lamanator Plus Floor Restorer afterward. Any tips would be appreciated.

If bona is the only thing customer has used it comes off easy with cleaning and pads -------but if they used other products with wax or polymers like quick shine or mop and glow------- you will have to remove some of the layers of clear coat before re-coating floor.

I have only done a few wood floors most are engineered not solid wood down here they need low moisture to avoid buckling or warping. I am doing a wood floor next sat and will scuff clear coat customer was using--- with 3m maroon pad and then re-coat with their product ------because they have 3 years worth of build up with their product which is an acrylic polymer. I tested area and recoated and waited a week in use to see results.
        The only thing I do is test  product and process in a spot under a rug or on side of room not in walk way. Basic coatings cleaning product which is called squeaky clean may be the only thing you need to remove bona product haze and build up. I always start with cotton /microfiber pad to see if cleaning product with alcohol----sqeaky clean---or TLC from trinty renewal works before using strong stripping agents or red pads.
  The white pads dont hurt floors and do polish if you machine is heavy enough.  175 should work good. Any Dissolver product may damage finish which means after your product dries you have a dull finish so you would then need to use tycote bonding agent  dry floor then a few coats of gloss or semi gloss finish.

I would not recommend practicing on your first paying job to refinish a floor. Practice on a friends floor or look for training
Looks like basic coatings has some kind of training---never tried it -------http://www.basiccoatings.com/resources/training

There can be problems of recoating floors depending on what customer has used. The finish will not look good if there are some types of wax on floors.

Look on tmf forum under hardwood threads to get more info too

check my videos for newest wood floor cleaning video----used squeaky clean and glad pads turned out great
learning something new every minute Hands up Laughing
Carpet Cleaning Naples Florida
my youtube channel

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Thanks Joel,

I'll try the squeaky clean first with my orbot and microfiber pads. Will it be okay to use my pump up sprayer and prespray or should I use a spray bottle and just mist the cleaner? 

Kelly
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
(07-23-2016, 05:21 AM)kelbev Wrote: Thanks Joel,

I'll try the squeaky clean first with my orbot and microfiber pads. Will it be okay to use my pump up sprayer and prespray or should I use a spray bottle and just mist the cleaner? 

Kelly

I have seen photos of buckled floors when guys prespray to heavy on thin engineered wood.  You need to  ID the floor.  Piece from install may be in box or get customer to find out what was installed from store who installed floor or just start with mist and watch what happens.    Solid wood planks are not a problem. An old wood floor probably is not thin stuff like is installed now.
my youtube channel

Reply }}
Thanks given by:
Proceed with caution. Do not over wet and be especially careful it's engineered/laminate. 

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!
I'm just trying to hack my way to glory.

Get Encapsulation Pads & More!

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:
**EDIT: POSTED VIDEOS BELOW**

Tried to post a wood video but can not seem to get any videos to link anymore????????????

Check it out on my youtube channel-----did  a recoat of the clear acrylic over a wood floor.
my youtube channel

Reply }}
Thanks given by:

1 X's Orbot, Windsor & Sanitare Vacs, Multisprayer, Oreck Orbitor, Stepson, BrushEncap (TM4) CRB  
Reply }}
Thanks given by:

Reply }}
Thanks given by: